Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: Online RPG's

Jan 31, 2013
Reading this thread, makes me wonder about a story driven JRPG with your character as a third person onlooker who took a part of the story and events that transpired around him.

Much like the actual game where ya'll call him 'mercenary for hire.' Leo is the protagonist of this game and your role is there to shpport what he does, yet what if your character's adventures took on a different role on the opposite side?

You'd still be the mute, the protagonists keep changing, but your character keeps the story going.

I never played WKC all throughout, its one of them hanker down titles, but the bits I've seen so far are like this, bob. Your character helps move the protagonist's story along, but is non essential to the plot.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

Yeah I was watching some reviews of both games. The character creator looks amazing. It looks even better then the character creators in Skyrim and Two Worlds 2. But is there any control at all for your created character in single player other than just having it in your parrty?

Absolutely. You can control your character, or any other party member offline. Online you control only your character.

Sam hit it dead on. You character is a "mercinary".
In the Japanese DLC, they added ten chapters that begin after WKCII that revolve around the players character.
Youll see a prolouge to it when you finish the second story.
unfortunately, Japan is the only region to get the DLC, but thats another story all its own

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (204 Views)
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Feb 3, 2013

So in single player I can take control of my character instead of Leo if I wanted to. Even when I'm not fighting monsters but just running around the maps?

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

So in single player I can take control of my character instead of Leo if I wanted to. Even when I'm not fighting monsters but just running around the maps?

Yes.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Cool, thanks! :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Thanks, TownNoob!  I haven't heard anyone speak highly of this game till now and where I live the game is reletively cheap.  Looks nice though!  Wonder why a great game wasn't advertised like some of the other blockbusters!  :womansurprised:

"This place may be a virtual world but my feelings are very real." - Lightning Flash Asuna, Sword Art Online

SAO.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Feb 16, 2013

others to try that have online MP:

Two worlds 2 (the online has died WAY down though) 8 player various modes

LOTR War in the North

Dragons Dogma (excellent game with a "pawn sharing" sysem that makes it sort of multiplayer lol)

Sacred 2 a diablo-esque 4 player game.

Dungeon Siege III (another hack & slash co op game)

WKC and WKC II

and that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Someone already mentioned Two Worlds 2. I did try to play that game, but it's one of those games that was made mainly for HD tv's and I still have to SD one. There text on that game was barely readable so I barely knew what to do on it. Plus I found the colors were way to vibrant for my tv and I had to turn it down so I could see things better. I just couldn't really enjoy that game. I tried the multiplayer mode too and I only saw one other person on it, and this was almost 2 years ago just afew months after the game came out. I did recentally get White Knight Chronicles II as someone suggested on here, and I'm really enjoying that game. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (151 Views)
0 Likes