Jan 28 2013
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2904 posts
Accepted Solution

Online RPG's

[ Edited ]
17 replies 2483 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

Are there any online rpg's on ps3? I already know about free realms and dc universe, but I'm not talking about MMO's nessasarily. But just rpg's you can play with other people. LIke is there anything like Fable 2, because that was a really good one. Even though it wasn't classified as a mmo it still really felt like one. Because you could see other players playing the game too and interact with them.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (2,483 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: Online RPG's

Jan 28, 2013

I play a game called White Knight Chronicles 2. Its the closest thing we have to an mmo. Been playing for about 2 months now and I am really enjoying my time with the game. Although the online communuty may be considered small, they are very active and passionate. I never have trouble finding people to play with. The game looks fantastic and plays equally well. I rarely have any lag or other issues .The music I find outstanding. The people are very friendly and for the most part helpful and patient with new players. I encourage anyone to take a look at the game. For $20 I dare say its nearly impossib;e to beat. The single player was lengthy and equally enjoyable. It also comes with wkc1 for free. Its available at Walmart . I would discourage anyone buying it used, you will need to purchase an online pass For $10 if you want to go online. Im very glad i didnt listen to reviews and took a chance on this hidden gem.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (2,472 Views)
Message 3 of 18 (2,468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Hello again ne1atall. For some reason I can't click on the link you provided in both my topics.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (2,463 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jan 29, 2013

TownNoob wrote:

I play a game called White Knight Chronicles 2. Its the closest thing we have to an mmo. Been playing for about 2 months now and I am really enjoying my time with the game. Although the online communuty may be considered small, they are very active and passionate. I never have trouble finding people to play with. The game looks fantastic and plays equally well. I rarely have any lag or other issues .The music I find outstanding. The people are very friendly and for the most part helpful and patient with new players. I encourage anyone to take a look at the game. For $20 I dare say its nearly impossib;e to beat. The single player was lengthy and equally enjoyable. It also comes with wkc1 for free. Its available at Walmart . I would discourage anyone buying it used, you will need to purchase an online pass For $10 if you want to go online. Im very glad i didnt listen to reviews and took a chance on this hidden gem.

Thanks! I'll check that one out then because it does sound amazing. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (2,462 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Have to agree with TownNoob. WKC2 is the only game in its genre for the PS3. Im over 300 hours in and theres still a lot to see and do.

I'll add that you can also build a town, choose residents / workers / vendors / shop types and more.
Theres also a pretty good crafting system (called binding in WKC2) and hundreds of quests / dungeons to explore.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (2,453 Views)
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Yeah I went and looked up WKC 2 and it does look pretty good. I heard you can create your own character, but is that in both WKC 1 and 2, or is it only in the online play?

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (2,439 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Your created character is the same one for both on and offline modes. I skipped wkc1 and played 2, however from what i understand, you can import your wkc1 character into wkc2.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (2,426 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

Yeah I went and looked up WKC 2 and it does look pretty good. I heard you can create your own character, but is that in both WKC 1 and 2, or is it only in the online play?

You use the same character for WKC 1 & 2, as well as online. Your character doesnt have a "main" role in the offline campaign, more like a gun for hire position. But it works, very well in fact.

One nice thing about WKC 1 is that as long as you're beloew level 35 you can respec for free any time you like. Its a great way to try out different builds before deciding on a more permanent set of skills.

Skills can be mixed & matched at will, but, hybrid characters tend to be weaker, albiet more flexible that a "pure" build.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (2,420 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Yeah I was watching some reviews of both games. The character creator looks amazing. It looks even better then the character creators in Skyrim and Two Worlds 2. But is there any control at all for your created character in single player other than just having it in your parrty?

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (2,410 Views)
0 Likes