7716 posts

Re: Old-school

Mar 28, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:
I just finally got back to playing Dragon Quest VIII after like a 3-month hiatus (I became quite busy with work, and well, KH2 )....  I love the game to death, it's really good, with a great storyline, and loveable and memorable characters, but it's reeeaaaallly old school when it comes to exploration!  Granted, I love exploring in RPGs, but DQVIII gets really deep into it, making it sometimes hard to play or difficult to get into....  Any thoughts on this?

I don't even think I have to post a reply. lol You guys all know what my favorite parts of the RPG are by now.

That's another thing, most of you guys love the exploration, but for me, I play RPGs for the story, I could care less about the exploration....  You could give me the most linear RPG with the greatest storyline and I'd love it to death!

The exploration is as HUGE HUGE [part of what makes the Elder Scrolls series so amazing. So much to walk arround and look at. So much to do. You arel ikely to never run out of things to do. *wants Oblivion so bad it hurts*

True, the more you can do with a game, the more you get your money's worth! 

And Morrowind has more exploring than any other game I have run across. Hundrteds of caves, dungeons, towns, islands and all kinds of other stuff you can explore. I LOVE it. I love it I love it I love it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Message 31 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Mar 28, 2006

fs_metal wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:
I just finally got back to playing Dragon Quest VIII after like a 3-month hiatus (I became quite busy with work, and well, KH2 )....  I love the game to death, it's really good, with a great storyline, and loveable and memorable characters, but it's reeeaaaallly old school when it comes to exploration!  Granted, I love exploring in RPGs, but DQVIII gets really deep into it, making it sometimes hard to play or difficult to get into....  Any thoughts on this?

I don't even think I have to post a reply. lol You guys all know what my favorite parts of the RPG are by now.

That's another thing, most of you guys love the exploration, but for me, I play RPGs for the story, I could care less about the exploration....  You could give me the most linear RPG with the greatest storyline and I'd love it to death!

The exploration is as HUGE HUGE [part of what makes the Elder Scrolls series so amazing. So much to walk arround and look at. So much to do. You arel ikely to never run out of things to do. *wants Oblivion so bad it hurts*

And Morrowind has more exploring than any other game I have run across. Hundrteds of caves, dungeons, towns, islands and all kinds of other stuff you can explore. I LOVE it. I love it I love it I love it.

Yeah, I can see why you love those games so much, but as for me, I have so much trouble getting into non-Japanese made RPGs....  Oh well, to each their own....

Hooyah!  I ranked-up again!  It must have been all those KH posts!  Hahaha!  Metal Gear, baby!  I love that title!  Grey Fox would have been better, though!  Hehehe.... 

Message 32 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Mar 28, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

Yeah, I can see why you love those games so much, but as for me, I have so much trouble getting into non-Japanese made RPGs....  Oh well, to each their own....

Hooyah!  I ranked-up again!  It must have been all those KH posts!  Hahaha!  Metal Gear, baby!  I love that title!  Grey Fox would have been better, though!  Hehehe.... 

Congrats on the rank up. Figures you would be happy with a rank of Metal Gear :smileytongue:

I do not consern myself with where an RPG is from. IUf it is good, I will play it, and Elder Scrolls is somethingthat goes far, far beyond simply being good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Message 33 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes