Aug 24 2000
By: Mysterious_Otter Keyblade Wielder 10751 posts

Never mind about Garai....tx

7 replies 1 views Edited Aug 24, 2000
He is dead! Hehe!

He's a light elemental (or however you say it) so I just loaded up on black elements and whomped him! Used Lynx, Harle and Zappa (Hammered 'im!!).

Maricam

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Lynx? Isn't it Serge too?

Aug 24, 2000
null,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Good Work mom... :-) nt

Aug 24, 2000
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Yes...tx

Aug 24, 2000
Yes! Hehe...with all the alternate worlds and traded souls it's kind of hard to keep track of who's who. But I really like this game. It's moving along nicely, though I do occasionally stall in my progress when the clues are few and far between.

You played an imported version didn't you? Did you finish? What's your assessment of Chrono Cross?

Maricam

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

RE: Yes...tx

Aug 24, 2000
Yes, i did played an import version and i haven't gotten to finishing it because at the time, i was playing Vagrant Story, Fear Effect, and Front Mission 3 at the same time. It was tough and i'll never play all 4 games at once. It took me awhile and i did manage to play up to the second to last boss in Chrono Cross which took about 48 hours and with the help of a translated gamefaq that i got.
What i can say about CC based on the import that i've played is that it has a "secret and sly" twist to it's story later on into the game. Even though i know very little japanese, i can tell that CC is definitly related to CT.

Later

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

I never got to play CT...tx

Aug 24, 2000
but I hear it was great! Now, it's one of those rare and hard to find games. Do you think you'll be replaying CC in the American version? I hear there are several different endings so it could be worth your time and, so far, I don't know of anyone who has had the same game as far as storyline and characters in their party.

I rarely play even two games at a time. Because the controls are usually different from game to game, I get too mixed up! LOL And then I don't do well, get frustrated and throw the controller (no good)! I did finish VS and I'm 40% into the replay, but I've put it aside to play CC. I just know I'm gonna lose all my nice long chain attacks through lack of use, but....CC is awfully good!

So, what's next for you?

Maricam

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

RE: I never got to play CT...tx

Aug 24, 2000
CC's a really cool game and i think i'll probably play the english version too sometime after i beat Legend of Dragoon and Vagrant Story. I just hope i can get the chance to play CC before ffIX comes out in the winter cause once the latest ff shows up, i'm leaving all my games aside to concentrate and focus on ff.

Anyway, CT's even more amazing than CC in my opinion and it has an even deeper storyline to go with. It's not so hard to get it if u can find the right store, try Funcoland if u can, it's almost a guarantee that they have it but it's a bit pricey for an old snes game, i think it's $42.00 right now for a used one.

Later

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Too many good games...tx

Aug 24, 2000
I hear you! I'm hoping to finish CC in time to play Lunar 2 when it arrives and hopefully finish that before FFIX gets here! Never did get a chance to look at Legend of Dragoon, though I heard it was a fun game.

I'm sure I could find CT if I looked around a little. We have a fairly good video game consignment store in my town and they may have it. At the time that CT was out, I was probably engrossed in Final Fantasy III, my absolute favorite RPG overall as far as storyline and characters, and (for it's time) music and graphics. Xenogears is very dear to my heart, but somehow FFIII springs to mind quicker when I think favorites.

Where are you at in Vagrant Story?

Maricam

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes