Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/23/2006
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 21, 2006
Oh I see. I gotcha. Horror is simply the closest I could come up with while still using basic easily identifiable genres for people who haven't played.
Hey no problem.
The argument is too minor in face of the fact that we all like the games and agree that they're really good games. I like Shin Megami Tensei alot but they've never been as well designed (all around) as SH has.
~ Jason "pwn this, kid" Litzau, 29, Irish, Eater of Worlds, aka The Bumbling Chaos

http://flowersinmidgar.deviantart.com
http://flowersinmidgar.livejournal.com
Wanna sound like an idiot? Too lazy and/or dumb to find the y and o in "you"? Like the feeling that you could convincingly pass yourself off as a bucket of sand with a World of Warcraft t-shirt stapled to it?
Use 1337 and become a master of irony.
Message 51 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/10/2004
Offline
6975 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 21, 2006


FlowersInMidgar wrote:
Oh I see. I gotcha. Horror is simply the closest I could come up with while still using basic easily identifiable genres for people who haven't played.
Hey no problem.
The argument is too minor in face of the fact that we all like the games and agree that they're really good games. I like Shin Megami Tensei alot but they've never been as well designed (all around) as SH has.



Nope, no problem at all. Also always glad to have another Shadow Hearts fan onboard.

Message 52 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/23/2006
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 21, 2006

Glad to be aboard.

Seriously is Johnny the new Tidus?

I haven't picked up New World yet but, I'm looking foward to it. I'm trying to get my darn computer upgraded to finally play Neverwinter Nights which has been gathering dust for a year.

It's got XSeed developing now, the former Squaresoft members. Can you notice any difference?

There IS on aspect/story that permeates through them all if I'm correct: (highlight)

The vampire family has a representitive in each game, having played a minor role in the previous episode

~ Jason "pwn this, kid" Litzau, 29, Irish, Eater of Worlds, aka The Bumbling Chaos

http://flowersinmidgar.deviantart.com
http://flowersinmidgar.livejournal.com
Wanna sound like an idiot? Too lazy and/or dumb to find the y and o in "you"? Like the feeling that you could convincingly pass yourself off as a bucket of sand with a World of Warcraft t-shirt stapled to it?
Use 1337 and become a master of irony.
Message 53 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2005
Offline
5401 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 22, 2006


FlowersInMidgar wrote:

You're right about the maturity thing, sorry about that.

I agree, it's not a true "horror" game. I consider it pretty heavily horror themed though. It's more fantasy but honestly that does little to describe it's difference to other RPG's. Since it's so heavily themed in the supernatural I find horror more suitable than thriller which are more psychological and based on emotion rather than visual cues. 

That's all I meant. The thing is, genres are very basic.




Ah, ok.  When you said horror, I was thinking along the lines of thrillers like Resident Evil 4, the movies "The Grudge, The Mummy", etc.  Now I see what you mean.

Message Edited by Gunner Yuna on 03-21-200607:50 PM


~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 54 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/16/2001
Offline
6969 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 22, 2006


FlowersInMidgar wrote:

Glad to be aboard.

Seriously is Johnny the new Tidus?

I haven't picked up New World yet but, I'm looking foward to it. I'm trying to get my darn computer upgraded to finally play Neverwinter Nights which has been gathering dust for a year.

It's got XSeed developing now, the former Squaresoft members. Can you notice any difference?

There IS on aspect/story that permeates through them all if I'm correct: (highlight)

The vampire family has a representitive in each game, having played a minor role in the previous episode



XSeed as far as I know has little to no role in the development of this game. XSeed only localized it.  Can't say I really like Johnny at all. He's no Tidus, but seems to be lacking in the role as a main character 20 hours into the game. Shiana does all the leading, and could easily serve as the main character. I miss Yuri

I have a thread where I express some discontent with the game.
Message 55 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/10/2004
Offline
6975 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 22, 2006


Mastervivi wrote:


FlowersInMidgar wrote:

Glad to be aboard.

Seriously is Johnny the new Tidus?

I haven't picked up New World yet but, I'm looking foward to it. I'm trying to get my darn computer upgraded to finally play Neverwinter Nights which has been gathering dust for a year.

It's got XSeed developing now, the former Squaresoft members. Can you notice any difference?

There IS on aspect/story that permeates through them all if I'm correct: (highlight)

The vampire family has a representitive in each game, having played a minor role in the previous episode



XSeed as far as I know has little to no role in the development of this game. XSeed only localized it.  Can't say I really like Johnny at all. He's no Tidus, but seems to be lacking in the role as a main character 20 hours into the game. Shiana does all the leading, and could easily serve as the main character. I miss Yuri

I have a thread where I express some discontent with the game.


Or maybe he is... I want to strangle him almost as badly as I wanted to strangle Tidus. lol

As for differences, I don't know what to say. My initial thoughts post has that I guess. XSeed's localizing seems good to me, although Johnny's voice is annoying. They did a good job localizing Wild Arms 4 (minus the monster book mishap) and so far it seems they did with this one as well.

Yup a Valentine family vampire appears in this game as well and is pretty much my favorite character.


 


Message 56 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/22/2006
Offline
50 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 24, 2006
I didn't mind the storyline and all but everything else about the game i just didn't like sorry...
Free Image Hosting
Message 57 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/23/2006
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 24, 2006

I've seen the Pink Bat and she looks like she'd be my fav too.

No need to be sorry Talion it's no big deal if you simply don't like the game. I can see people not liking it for various reasons. I really dig them though.

~ Jason "pwn this, kid" Litzau, 29, Irish, Eater of Worlds, aka The Bumbling Chaos

http://flowersinmidgar.deviantart.com
http://flowersinmidgar.livejournal.com
Wanna sound like an idiot? Too lazy and/or dumb to find the y and o in "you"? Like the feeling that you could convincingly pass yourself off as a bucket of sand with a World of Warcraft t-shirt stapled to it?
Use 1337 and become a master of irony.
Message 58 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/10/2004
Offline
6975 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 24, 2006


FlowersInMidgar wrote:

I've seen the Pink Bat and she looks like she'd be my fav too.

No need to be sorry Talion it's no big deal if you simply don't like the game. I can see people not liking it for various reasons. I really dig them though.




She's the best magic user in Slim form and she is also the funniest in the game IMO. Heck I would rather she be the lead!!!!

Message 59 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/23/2006
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: My thoughts on Shadow Hearts

Mar 28, 2006
Yeah but isn't that usually the way it goes. Ask most people for their favorite characters and rarely does the lead come up.
~ Jason "pwn this, kid" Litzau, 29, Irish, Eater of Worlds, aka The Bumbling Chaos

http://flowersinmidgar.deviantart.com
http://flowersinmidgar.livejournal.com
Wanna sound like an idiot? Too lazy and/or dumb to find the y and o in "you"? Like the feeling that you could convincingly pass yourself off as a bucket of sand with a World of Warcraft t-shirt stapled to it?
Use 1337 and become a master of irony.
Message 60 of 60 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes