Feb 05 2006
By: Weidleface PlayStation MVP 7908 posts

My latest RPG purchase

6 replies 3 views Edited Feb 5, 2006
A few of you may remember a thread I made a while back about an interesting RPG I came across while browsing through the old pile of PS1 games at my local EB Games Store. This game was called "Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure." In that thread I was informed that it was a wonderful find an I would be lucky if I ran across it again (because I was stupid and didn't buy it).

Well, I was browsing around the same store, and what do you know? I found the same game and grabbed that sucker immediately! I am so excited about this purchase. I will be sure to let you all know about my progress and feelings on the game once I start it.

Message Edited by random_hero215 on 02-04-200606:43 PM

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Persona 4 Golden
Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Re: My latest RPG purchase

Feb 5, 2006

random_hero215 wrote:
A few of you may remember a thread I made a while back about an interesting RPG I came across while browsing through the old pile of PS1 games at my local EB Games Store. This game was called "Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure." In that thread I was informed that it was a wonderful find an I would be lucky if I ran across it again (because I was stupid and didn't buy it).

Well, I was browsing around the same store, and what do you know? I found the same game and grabbed that sucker immediately! I am so excited about this purchase. I will be sure to let you all know about my progress and feelings on the game once I start it.

Message Edited by random_hero215 on 02-04-200606:43 PM

It would be an honor to hear what RPG it has been. I've heard people say that it's good. I'm one of the last generation to know sprite RPGs so I never played old RPGs as much.
Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Feb 5, 2006
Did it come with the music CD? Man Very Happy I still got mine

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7908 posts

Feb 5, 2006

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

You know it! I have yet to listen to it, though.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Feb 5, 2006

random_hero215 wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

Trust me, if you listen to all the songs now, it won't make an impact on you when you listen to it again in the game. I would play through the game first. I would label that cd as spoliers

Edit: Oh and by the way, I see you like Harvest Moon, I'm a big fan too. Harvest Moon Back to Nature is one of the best games I ever played (The one on the PS1) Very dissapointed with Save the Homelands though. Will they ever make a decent Harvest moon on the PS2?

Message Edited by DarkCloud(R) on 02-04-200610:12 PM

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Feb 5, 2006
Nice!  We have a couple copies where I work. I was thinking of picking it up, but from the people I talk too they say its not all that great. Im kind of tight on money right now too, and im saving up to get Grandia III when it comes out.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7908 posts

Feb 5, 2006

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

random_hero215 wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

Trust me, if you listen to all the songs now, it won't make an impact on you when you listen to it again in the game. I would play through the game first. I would label that cd as spoliers

Edit: Oh and by the way, I see you like Harvest Moon, I'm a big fan too. Harvest Moon Back to Nature is one of the best games I ever played (The one on the PS1) Very dissapointed with Save the Homelands though. Will they ever make a decent Harvest moon on the PS2?

Message Edited by DarkCloud(R) on 02-04-200610:12 PM

I'll be sure to remember that.

And about HM, yes I am a major fan (started with HM 64). It's funny you should mention that, however. I had to delay my purchase of the PS2 version of A Wonderful Life in order to purchase Rhapsody. I can tell you that AWL was wonderful an the Cube, and they have expanded it for the PS2 (more wife selections, farm equipment, etc. ). It is definitely a must have for any HM fan, though I still stand in saying that 64 was the best (BTN is close, though).
Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes