Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2006
By: PERFECTIONPlexus~ Sackboy 459 posts

Most irritating glitch!

12 replies 1 views Edited Feb 14, 2006
Remeber that moment when the game was perfect and you were on a roll?

THEN SUDDNELY a glitch, or a freeze up ended it all? What is the most frustrating and irritating RPG glitch of your lifetime?

FOR ME..

Phantasy Star IV

Oh my god it was perfect I just dusted 3 dungeons in a row, and then I walk in the back of a town called parm  and I get stuck, I just get stuck!

I can turn around or even run in one spot but I can't move a square. Oh the irritating music, the liberated NPC's. I lost hours!!!!
I don't think I have played the game since, but I will...
Life = VideoGames + Anime + Computers + Japan

" Xenoholic "

Why don't you try putting pencil to paper and start using some real muscle for a change?!
Nihon Koku ustukushi Nisshoki forever!!!!!!
Message 1 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Re: Most irritating glitch!

Feb 14, 2006
In Wild Arms Alter Code: F, I used the search system, found 3 Potion Berries near the foot of a mountain, took them, the mountain disappeared and I'm dead stuck, above the sea floating somehow.
Message 2 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 14, 2006
I had a glitch, but I could still play the game and actually finished the game with the glitch! :smileyvery-happy:  The game was Baten Kaitos, and one of my characters had a PERMANENT burn - there was no possible way to remove it through normal gameplay.  I also had an irremovable confusion status, which got annoying fast.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 3 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 14, 2006
Those glitches are the reason why I save every 5 minutes.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 4 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 14, 2006

DarkCloudLives wrote:
Those glitches are the reason why I save every 5 minutes.

For my glitch, I don't think that would have helped.  It was likely a programming error.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 5 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Feb 14, 2006
After beating Kingdom Hearts and watching the credits, the post-credits cutscene started.

I'm watching it and not even 2 minutes into it, it freezes!!! I got really upset because I wanted to know what happens, so I beat the final boss again and started watching the post-credits cutscene. Again, it FREEZES! I was upset again, but I figured I would give it one more try. I did, and guess what happens? Yep... It freezes AGAIN! I haven't tried again since.

I would really like to see that cutscene too....

It freezes at the part where ***SPOILERS!!! SCROLL DOWN TO SEE***

When they see Pluto and he gives them the letter. It freezes right when Pluto hands off the letter to them.

I'm pretty sure that's my most irritating glitch. So sad.
Message 6 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Feb 14, 2006

Kitaro The Estranged wrote:
In Wild Arms Alter Code: F, I used the search system, found 3 Potion Berries near the foot of a mountain, took them, the mountain disappeared and I'm dead stuck, above the sea floating somehow.

That glitch got me too.lol I still love the game though.
Message 7 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Feb 15, 2006

The_Game_Guru wrote:
After beating Kingdom Hearts and watching the credits, the post-credits cutscene started.

I'm watching it and not even 2 minutes into it, it freezes!!! I got really upset because I wanted to know what happens, so I beat the final boss again and started watching the post-credits cutscene. Again, it FREEZES! I was upset again, but I figured I would give it one more try. I did, and guess what happens? Yep... It freezes AGAIN! I haven't tried again since.

I would really like to see that cutscene too....

It freezes at the part where ***SPOILERS!!! SCROLL DOWN TO SEE***

When they see Pluto and he gives them the letter. It freezes right when Pluto hands off the letter to them.

I'm pretty sure that's my most irritating glitch. So sad.

Thats really not all that bad. ***SPOILER*** (maybe, and unlikely)

Right after Pluto hands off the letter, he runs into the distance, and Sora and the gang chase after him. If you want to see it that bad, buy Chain of Memories. Its the first cutscene you see. You basically froze right at the end, the only thing you missed was the secret ending.

Message 8 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
796 posts

Feb 15, 2006
I know these arent glitches but this is what came to my mind.  For me, it used to be little brothers running in front of the TV or turning the machine off in the middle of a session on an old SEGA system.

Now it is the never ending questions from my kids about the game.

"Why is the Jester so bad?"
"Why is that cat standing on that fat white thing?"
"Why is Agro a black horse and not a white horse?"

And on and on and on . . .
http://sourcedorks.blogspot.com
Kupo

Message 9 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 15, 2006
There was a glitch in the PC version of Final Fantasy VII late on Disk 2 that haunts me to this day.  When parachuting into a town, you see Cloud land on the ground, then all of a sudden vanish from the screen.  The music still plays and you could access the menu and all that, but there was no character to move around, and therefore you could not progress any further.  I must've reloaded like 20 times, and even replayed the game from the beginning again just to hit the same roadblock...

Took me four years to track down the PS1 version and finally beat the damn game...
"Life's a journey, not a destination..." -Aerosmith ('Amazing')
Current RPG(s): Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1), Fallout (PC)
Message 10 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes