Nov 04 2008
By: Z3GA- Last Guardian 12748 posts

List of Fallout 3 Bugs and Glitches

81 replies 3895 views Edited Nov 4, 2008

A list of bugs and glitches and ways to by pass it. Hopefully it can get large enough and we can send it to Bethesda. If you have anything that can be added, please share.

1. PSN Notification bug-Game will pause and screen will blur whenever a buddy signs on or off PSN or if you receive a message from a buddy. It seems that the game thinks it is accessing the in game XMB, therefore pauses the game.

Temporary Fix/Prevention-Either sign off of PSN or turn off notifications via the XMB (Settings>System Settings>Notification Messages>Off)

2. G.O.A.T freezing bug-Game will not continue before the G.O.A.T. You will sit at the desk, yet the test will not start.

Temporary Fix/Prevention- From my experiences, if you sit on the left side of the classroom before the rest of the students sit, you should be fine. If the game "freezes", you have to load a save to continue, luckily, the game autosaves in the beginning of the section.

3. Game Save Glitch- Game will autosave in the last room and lock you in. Therefore, there is no way to exit and go to the outside.

Temporary Fix/Prevention- Keep multiple saves. Do not rely on the autosave. After every major event, stop and save manually.

4. Graphical glitches (draw distance)- Buildings will pop in when turning to them.Bushes and trees will pop-in in the distance.

5. Poor Graphics Quality- Blurry textures, jaggy models, poor lighting compared to the other versions of the games.

6. Lighting Glitches-

From DeadSpider- "During my stay in Vault 101 while walking through the hall ways the lighting tripped out a few times and it  went    into some strange Night Vision lighting. I just back away into another room or hall and returned and it would fix it back to the normal lighting. This also happened once in vault 106 "

7. Sound Glitches-

~ From Savier07- "Im having a sound glitch when i use the mini nuke and blow up surrounding cars, causes the sound to go all distorted."

~ Dialogue will play, but there will be no sound.

8. Rivet City Glitches-

~ If you go through the marketplace and through the "Air Deck" door, you will be locked out of the ship and forced to swim to the other side to re-enter.

~ In the same area, if you drop down onto the center I-beam, turn around,  and walk forward, you will go through all the textures and end up in an unexitable area.

9. Game Freezes-

~ From aaronH- "I discovered that my guy is over weight, so I had to drop gear.  I did this and almost immediately after I do this, the game freezes.  This has happend now almost 4-5 times now. 

~ Game will freeze at random areas, such as opening VATs or Pipboy.

10. Graphics Glitches-

~ From Thuban- "Sometimes on characters or weapons that I'm holding or even some random objects I'm getting these lines appearing all over it."

~ From Eromu- "I was exploring for some dungeons and came upon a building where the textures kept changing every step. It was like the close up texture was swapping with the far away texture repeatedly."

~ On other websites, it is reported that when encountering people, only their eyes will appear while their face will be invisible.

~ Pipboy will remain glowing green when light is on even we brought up to view stats/inventory/map.

~ Screen will go black when in a certain area.

~ Massive framerate drops at random areas.

11. Character Glitches-

~ Characters will get stuck in a scripted event and will not move. For example,the Sheriff will stop at random areas when going to arrest Burke.

~ Characters will get stuck on rocks and run in place.

12. General Game Glitches-

~ Doors will lock you out of certain areas, including locking you into rooms with no where out.

~ Physics engine will go nuts. For example, in a junkyard, a car started to shake. 

~ Scipted events will be wrong. For example, quest tells to go outside to meet up with the scientists, but once you go inside, the quest map shows the otherside of the map. And when you go outside, it shows to go back inside.

~ Players will interept major parts. For example, in Revit City, Dad and Doctor Li were talking and I was standing next to them listening, yet people come up and say things like "Hi" or "I am watching you."

~ Characters, NPCs and yourself, will get stuck on rocks.

~ Characters will get stuck inside cars, making it unable to progress.

~ After selecting an option, the dialogue will scroll by with no time to read anything they say, as if you are pressing X repeatedly.

~ Dogmeat will randomly disappear.

13. Megaton Glitches-

~ NPCs will randomly die in the city, supposedly from falling off the paths.

Message Edited by polishpride212 on 11-04-2008 03:05 PM
Message 40 of 82 (3,895 Views)
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Re: List of Fallout 3 Bugs and Glitches

Oct 29, 2008

The only one i had is #1, and i dealt with it.

And #5 ... you cant call it a glitch or a bug.. its just your opinion.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Oct 30, 2008
Im having a sound glitch when i use the mini nuke and blow up surrounding cars, causes the sound to go all distorted. Then it also frose 45 mins later on me Any release date for patch? prolly nov 10th
PSN: Savier07

Sony playstation 3 60gig | Samsung 40" LCD HDMI | Samsung HT-TQ85 1000w 5.1 | Optical/HDMI cables |
Resistance/Tony hawk/Rainbow 6/GRAW 2/WARHAWK/Heavenly Sword/COD 4/ The orange box/Unreal tournament/Army of 2/Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Cya online.
Message 2 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7933 posts

Oct 30, 2008

I just posted this at the Official Forums

"

Not sure if this is a Bug/Glitch or whatever but....

During my stay in Vault 101 while walking through the hall ways the lighting tripped out a few times and it went into some strange Night Vision lighting. I just back away into another room or hall and returned and it would fix it back to the normal lighting. This also happened once in vault 106

Is this normal or some freaky lighting issue?
"
Message 3 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 30, 2008
I always get signed out of playstation network whenever I play Fallout.
Message 4 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Oct 30, 2008

I will try my best to not to spoil but *SPOILERS* just in case:

I am in a water plant , i fixed some stuff that someone important asked me to do , i return to that place and i can't exit , and this is part of the main quest  so i am 50+ hour in and i can't finish the game it never loads the next area.

I did use other savefiles and all work fine , i even loaded a 3 hours old one and same thing i reach that place and the game gets stuck loading forever 

Message 5 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 30, 2008
i have a new problem.  I beat the Galaxy radio station last night, and I saved.  Then I turned it back on today, and I discovered that my guy is over weight, so I had to drop gear.  I did this and almost immediately after I do this, the game freezes.  This has happend now almost 4-5 times now.  I havnt tried not dropping the gear, but that would be stupid, considering when you are over weight you can't run.... I don't know what to do, I guess if this isn't fixed I will just trade the game in on Resistence 2.  I have emailed Bethesda but hell that was just a few hours ago, so I guess I will have to wait and see if they actually email me back.... 

Message 6 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
952 posts

Oct 30, 2008
I don't know if this is the game or my ps3 because my ps3 has been doing all sorts of weird graphical stuff like this lately. Sometimes on characters or weapons that I'm holding or even some random objects I'm getting these lines appearing all over it. They look like blinds on a window or something. Anyone else noticed this? I think its probably my ps3 but the glitches have never been this bad in other games.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Truban is, in fact, Jesus." -Everyone
Message 7 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Oct 30, 2008
there are times when characters and even my get stuck and can not move, so i have to load a game data. Has this happen to any one else?
Message 8 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Oct 30, 2008
Only a handfull of people experiencin problems. The rest just enjoyin their game
Photobucket
Message 9 of 82 (3,895 Views)
0 Likes