Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 24 2006
By: Kaizyr~ Hekseville Citizen 301 posts

Just WON! Xenogears!!

9 replies 1 views Edited Feb 24, 2006
Well, I played Xenogears for like a couple hours back when it was released at one of my friends houses and then he lost the game or something. And ever since then I've wanted to play this game again, but just never got around too it. Well yesterday I went on Ebay with a mission to buy Xenogears, and I got an original brand new sealed (NOT greatest hits) version of Xenogears for only 15 bucks plus shipping. Woohoo, I cant wait till it gets here.

But anyways what do you guys think about this game? Thanks
PSP owner since launch
Ds owner since launch too
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Re: Just WON! Xenogears!!

Feb 24, 2006
New, sealed, not GH?! Wow. That is rare, especially at that price

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8478 posts

Feb 24, 2006

Kaizyr wrote:
Well, I played Xenogears for like a couple hours back when it was released at one of my friends houses and then he lost the game or something. And ever since then I've wanted to play this game again, but just never got around too it. Well yesterday I went on Ebay with a mission to buy Xenogears, and I got an original brand new sealed (NOT greatest hits) version of Xenogears for only 15 bucks plus shipping. Woohoo, I cant wait till it gets here.

But anyways what do you guys think about this game? Thanks

Did they explicitly mentioned original not greatest hit? I got burned once by that... otherwise congrats. I got my used copy for the same price... I, on my side, got secret of evermore, mint with box and instruction manual for 21$... I'm happy
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 24, 2006
Well, I bought Xenogears and it said "brand new sealed", but it was the greatest hits version and it has the Square-Enix logo on the disc instead of Square-Soft.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Feb 24, 2006
Good job.lol That is one of the best rpgs of all time you got there.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 24, 2006

Shadowmyst01 wrote:
Good job.lol That is one of the best rpgs of all time you got there.

That's for sure. Even though it was not finished like it was supposed to be, it's still one of the best. My 2nd Favorite game, along with the Xenosaga games.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 24, 2006

Well, Im a little bummed now. I guess I read right over it, cause I went back to double check (Already bought it though) and thier it was in small print at the bottom of the page in yellow hard to read text that said "this is the greatest hits version".

But I guess its okay, its still brand new factory sealed. Is thier a difference between the two? 

PSP owner since launch
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 24, 2006

Kaizyr wrote:

Well, Im a little bummed now. I guess I read right over it, cause I went back to double check (Already bought it though) and thier it was in small print at the bottom of the page in yellow hard to read text that said "this is the greatest hits version".

But I guess its okay, its still brand new factory sealed. Is thier a difference between the two? 

Of course there is a difference, you more than likely won't find an original copy of Xenogears/facotry sealed for under $70!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Feb 24, 2006

banedraven wrote:

Kaizyr wrote:

Of course there is a difference, you more than likely won't find an original copy of Xenogears/facotry sealed for under $70!

Yah I see that on ebay most are well over $70.

But whats the difference. Is the gameplay changed? Has the story changed? New Plot, new characters? Were thing taken out of the GH version? Thanks for your help.
PSP owner since launch
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 25, 2006

Kaizyr wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Kaizyr wrote:

Yah I see that on ebay most are well over $70.

But whats the difference. Is the gameplay changed? Has the story changed? New Plot, new characters? Were thing taken out of the GH version? Thanks for your help.

Oh, there's no difference at all. It's still as unfinished as it ever was. In case you didn't know, Xenogears had more than a few problems getting made. It's still one of the best games ever, it's almost shocking to think how good it "could have" been.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes