Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Jul 18, 2012
I was gonna get it but it turned me off that it was a port from the wii
Message 31 of 40 (176 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
8478 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Jul 27, 2012

ironstormx wrote:
I was gonna get it but it turned me off that it was a port from the wii

does it really matter that it was a port from wii?

they upped the graphics, it's not like you're playing the exact same version. Besides, the wii version never got localized.

Message 32 of 40 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
8478 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Jul 27, 2012

So I finally got around to play it, I play about 3 hours and I like the game so far, the battle system is kind of like a tweaked version of Tales of Destiny remake, the combo thing works pretty well so far. The graphic is pretty decent and the humor is there. The skits are nice and I'm glad to have them fully voice after going through one without voice (Tales of the abyss 3D)

Message 33 of 40 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Jul 28, 2012
Can't wait to get this game.
Ps3| Vita
Message 34 of 40 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/12/2011
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Aug 5, 2012
I loved this game, I pre-ordered it too.
Message 35 of 40 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/03/2007
Offline
2939 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Aug 11, 2012

i pre-ordered it but have not yet beat it. been buisy. but love the the game. titles can be annoying to get but i love how there is an actual reason for titles in this game other then giving a costume on certain titles as with previous games. battle system is good but i feel as if it was dumb down from tov or tota.  by dumb down it felt way to easy. and yes i play on the hardest levels except for boss battles as i get annilated and my may reason i play on this higher difficulty is for the rewards it gives and thats not needed on the boss battles.

 

love the graphics, characters and sophie (i thought i wasn't gonna like her much but i find her cute). and i love the opening song even though i never been a huge fan of boa. although i have friends who swear by her but this song is fantastic have it in my playlists.

 

im also glad that it did well and i would love to see some official numbers but untill i do crappy vgcharts will do as they have it doing just about as well as jp sales i guess that gave them reason enough to bring xillia over which im excited for but not excited that we are held at gun yet again for xillia 2.

Message 36 of 40 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Aug 12, 2012

densetsu86 wrote:

i pre-ordered it but have not yet beat it. been buisy. but love the the game. titles can be annoying to get but i love how there is an actual reason for titles in this game other then giving a costume on certain titles as with previous games. battle system is good but i feel as if it was dumb down from tov or tota.  by dumb down it felt way to easy. and yes i play on the hardest levels except for boss battles as i get annilated and my may reason i play on this higher difficulty is for the rewards it gives and thats not needed on the boss battles.

 

love the graphics, characters and sophie (i thought i wasn't gonna like her much but i find her cute). and i love the opening song even though i never been a huge fan of boa. although i have friends who swear by her but this song is fantastic have it in my playlists.

 

im also glad that it did well and i would love to see some official numbers but untill i do crappy vgcharts will do as they have it doing just about as well as jp sales i guess that gave them reason enough to bring xillia over which im excited for but not excited that we are held at gun yet again for xillia 2.


Why do you feel the battle system is dumbed down? I'd say it's leaps and bounds better than Vesperia simply because I don't have to watch my TP only my health, but at the same time CC adds another layer because it makes you think what can I string together to do optimal damage with only 9-12 points with A artes or switch to B artes yet change on the fly. I find that much better than azure edge -> shinning fang -> dragon swarm, rinse repeat until I need an orange gel.

Message 37 of 40 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/03/2007
Offline
2939 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Aug 14, 2012

SpiderguyZER0-G wrote:

densetsu86 wrote:

i pre-ordered it but have not yet beat it. been buisy. but love the the game. titles can be annoying to get but i love how there is an actual reason for titles in this game other then giving a costume on certain titles as with previous games. battle system is good but i feel as if it was dumb down from tov or tota.  by dumb down it felt way to easy. and yes i play on the hardest levels except for boss battles as i get annilated and my may reason i play on this higher difficulty is for the rewards it gives and thats not needed on the boss battles.

 

love the graphics, characters and sophie (i thought i wasn't gonna like her much but i find her cute). and i love the opening song even though i never been a huge fan of boa. although i have friends who swear by her but this song is fantastic have it in my playlists.

 

im also glad that it did well and i would love to see some official numbers but untill i do crappy vgcharts will do as they have it doing just about as well as jp sales i guess that gave them reason enough to bring xillia over which im excited for but not excited that we are held at gun yet again for xillia 2.


Why do you feel the battle system is dumbed down? I'd say it's leaps and bounds better than Vesperia simply because I don't have to watch my TP only my health, but at the same time CC adds another layer because it makes you think what can I string together to do optimal damage with only 9-12 points with A artes or switch to B artes yet change on the fly. I find that much better than azure edge -> shinning fang -> dragon swarm, rinse repeat until I need an orange gel.



my favorite versions of the combat system so far are tota and tov. you had all the classic of turn based but live motion (im not against action and im not for turn based. for the most part the battle system is my least concern out of an rpg. it just needs to work and not be broken).

 

cc replaces tp. just think of cc as tp yet it refills on its own now you don't have to worry about it. thats how cc came off to me. verything in battle resolved around the use of cc and when you run out you simply waited for it to refill or you scored an attack that gave you a cc boost before you ran out. and i find it as easy if not easier to spam a certain combo that in retro spec very similar to the one you describe.

 

but this is a wii port and the wii is very limited in what it has to offer lets say a ps2 and ps3 and 360. and crowed was different. so they made a battle system that worked well in the confines of wii but left me wanting for ps3 (like tox wholey god look at that battle system and they made it better in tox2)

 

not needing to worry about a tp bar made the game easy you can spawn weak combos to get a boast so if you want you can then connect it to a stronger one and then get another boast and so on and so forth.

 

let me say i do not hate it but its one of the easier tales games by far. and i play on the hardest level. because of so my party is massively strong. and im finding it harder to earn more titles cause i kill them off to fast and i end up waisting the bonus (im having a brain fart on the name) for the titles. i get like 300 of it and in 4 or 5 battles i mastered a title.

 

the only part of this game that is hard is the tournament because i got used to fighting in a group and my tatics are much different and not having a healer can suck **bleep**. which is why i only get for with sofie. but thats cheap and not really hard.

 

i love the game to death. awesome game more enjoyable then i thought it was going to be. i mean with tov and tox that could have come out yet we got togf. it was first like wth moment but i was happy that we were getting a tales of game and i love the series and i was going to support it and it blew my mind especially boa's mamoritai white wishes which is now one of my favorite songs (and im not a boa fan). i mean i was blown away with bonnie pink's ring a bell (another one of my favorites and i am somewhat a fan of bonnie pink she doesn't always makes songs i like but when she does its like wow.) and i love the cast of tov and tota so i was worried that this would not be as strong especially with a loli character (im a anime fan but never been a fan of loli) and that was a turn off especially with her default outfit (god that was ugly) but man was i wrong. i love sofie and he battle endings are the best. pascal: "hey sofie why the pig tails", sofie: "cause the captain said they would let me fly through the air." pascal : "oh i get it" so cute and naive i love that.

 

to me its weakest link is the battle system but it works, its a little awkward at first cause its similar to the others yet not so you have to switch your brain off from that. its not bad but its not great. tota and tov felt more polished, clean, experianced. while this one felt geared towards simple yet can be challenging with the overall mechanics of it but once you figured it out you can abuse the hell out of it and since technically you never have to worry about running out of tp cause it refills for you have a computer attack the same target as you you can abuse it while yours charges the ally ai attacks the monster then you can join right back in. that is my overall experiance and impression of it.

 

i don't hate it but the battle system felt geard towards a much younger crowed. and my biggest complaint with the game is the fact that you can't use your healing magic outside of battle. you have to use gels. thats my only real complaint with the game. but this is cause you have no tp its draw back. but this games battle system is a trillion times better then ffxiii poc battle system that was made for a 2yr old. healed after every battle, a chance to redo the battle if you die to try a new strategy, can't use your ai allies at all and by god they can be retarded. that is the most dumb down battle system. if it wasn't for paradigm shift it would have been a total fail like it was until you got to freely mess with that.

 

this is my impressions and opinions so please don't take offense and flame in anyway. love togf and liked xiii (much work is needed in that game linear is not bad to me but the over dose and how limited it was made it bad. never got to the open world cause my ps3 60gb died. i play all my ps3 games on my 160gb ps3. need to get that repaired and until i do so i will not replay it cause of this one battle in that god foresaken game that i litterally had to replay about 100 times took about 8hrs. battle was based on luck. i know this cause i level up my characters and everything the best i could yet the bs that this battle was.)

Message 38 of 40 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Sep 16, 2012
I'd love to play Graces, I heard about it about two years ago and I've been interested in it since.
I am a fan of the tales games, so I am familiar with it. What really bought me was one of the characters weapons is a boomerang, which is my favorite weapon.
I'd love to get it once I can get a job and start making money.
Sig
If you enjoy forums, check out Suiko-Kya-Cross! The only forum about Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games!
http://suiko-kya-cross.co.cc/index
Message 39 of 40 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/21/2007
Offline
1799 posts
 

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Sep 20, 2012
Message 40 of 40 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes