Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Re: Isn't anyone else playing Tales of Graces F?

Apr 7, 2012

I was actually thinking of looking into buying a guide for the game myself. The title system apparently has about 100 different titles for each character, many of which I'm not even sure of how to unlock. In a game like this it would be beneficial having that kind of information on hand and more.

Unfortunately, it probably has factors involving the Internet and the low expectation of sales (or total ignorance) for the game that the strategy guide companies (if they still exist) never planned on writing one. I remember a similar situation happening back when Wild Arms 3 was released. It's not that a booklet wasn't published, but when I went checking around for the guide months after release it was already sold out.

Message 21 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

Apr 7, 2012

I've been meaning to get it, really strapped for cash at the moment 60$ is a lot, especially for a port of a Wii game, although I want it really, really bad.

Message 22 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Apr 7, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I was actually thinking of looking into buying a guide for the game myself. The title system apparently has about 100 different titles for each character, many of which I'm not even sure of how to unlock. In a game like this it would be beneficial having that kind of information on hand and more.

There isn't anything in the game that you really need a guide for.  I'm close to finishing the game and the only time I need something was when I looked up how to find something and where some of the trading cards (I know they are called something else, but lets face it they're trading cards).  And it wasn't too hard to find that info on the internet.

Titles too are really easy to get.  There are some that you get at curtain levels, others from going with the story, others from side-quests, many of them are for using an arte many times, there are custom tilte, and there are a special set of titles in the future arc story that lets a character become someone else.

Message 23 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Apr 7, 2012

Right. However, I'm probably not even close to the game's completion yet. My characters over level 30 at this point and I've only just begun filling up a couple of characters to their 50th title. Although you don't need a list to know how to get every title in the game, it would be nice to know the details about some of them if you're serious about mastering every title. That's part of what I've been doing, is leveling up all the titles and unlocking more of them.

Some titles you get tips for. One person tells you to cook a lot where another says you need to hold a lot of money. How much money that is would be nice to know, and the name of the title specifically. Having request item details is another mystery sometimes, as usually it's a guessing game as to which items are compounded in the dualizer. Yes, the Internet sometimes has the answers... but other times you just want to not step away from the game and have a complete guide nearby for these things and others.

Message 24 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 12, 2012

I picked up this game, even though I don't have a PS3 yet.  I wanted to support the series.  I've played a bit of the game at my local game shop, and I found it extremely addicting.

Message 25 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Apr 15, 2012

I got this game maybe two weeks ago and I haven't been able to put it down since then. I have played a couple Tales games in the past, Symphonia was my favorite until I sat down to this one. I am currently on my second play through grinding away in the Untrodden Snowfield. I think the characters are wonderful in this title. (aside from the cliche dense as lead main character when it comes to women.) Other than that I cant complain. Combat is a tweak different then previous titles as others have posted already. I agree with TheBlackDragoon on his stand point if the system, this is far from a button masher. even if you tried to play it as such.... you would die. If you don't figure out how to block and dodge effectively then you wont last long.

I am also Supprised to see Warlock saying that he wont give this game the time of day simply because of the Tales in the name. IMO every game is its own and should not be judged from previous titles. I would argue to rent it and give it a shot before trashing it. but hey to each his own I suppose.

photo Ssig1.jpg
Message 26 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Well, some franchises just don't hit everyone in the face with pleasure points. And then some franchises, even when there's games we favor within their ranks, others come out wrong or look suspect to failure.

Having played a good deal of the first Disgaea game, I knew then I wasn't really a fan of that style of strategy-RPG. Although the characters were abstract and the battles lively, the game wasn't enough to my liking. I'd later pick up a sidescrolling adventure with the Prinny character (Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?). Thinking maybe this time would be different, and based on others' recomendations, I decided why not. That game I liked far less than Disgaea itself.

But yeah, I still think Tales of Garces F is worth the value. I'm still maybe half-way through the story (on my first playthrough). Doing request items and sidequests for now, the battle system does give you punishing enemies at times, especially if you keep the game on the harder settings (which I do). If you're someone looking for a solid RPG to play with likeable characters, this one serves that purpose pretty well I think.

Message 27 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 1, 2012

i liked the game alot im now working on the legacies portion of the game lolz and its a little to way more punishing on mid to higher difficulties lolz.

Message 28 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Having played the game for over 25 hours so far, the game is awesome. Sure, the combat system can be a pain sometimes, but the story line is great.  I know that Richard is a pain to be a couple of time I tell you that and the conversations between the other characters bring the game a bit of comedy, twist, suspence, cliff hanger, etc makes the game good.

Message 29 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Ya, plus after you beat the game, you can access a bonus arc, which can be at least another 10 hours long. It is accessed from the Extra`s menu, and in this arc, you can find some items that are only found in this arc. You use your current save to enter the arc which is set 6 months after the end of the game. After you clear the arc, you will be put back in the main game.

Message 30 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes