Oct 25 2010
By: evildoneright Lombax Warrior 117 posts

Is Star Ocean-Last Hope that good?

4 replies 9 views Edited Oct 25, 2010

I'm very interested in Star Ocean, but I just wanted to know is it a decent length game, and does it hopd your attention or will it remind you of a children's game?

Message 1 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
545 posts

Re: Is Star Ocean-Last Hope that good?

Oct 25, 2010
Star Ocean has been the best RPG I have played for quite awhile ( just got it this week). I made a topic similar to yours but it was a definite purchase. The length of the game is what others call a *%&$). I have seen people go over 700 hours to go 100% in this game. The storyline is about 40Hours too. The one thing that caught my enjoyment was playing an RPG in realtime since I love playing FPS,and a played turnbased RPG's when I was little. This no way a child's game except maybe the jokes. The battle system is where it tops. BUY BUY BUY Don't let others bring you down. Voice acting: is good Gameplay: Excellent Story: Decent Characters: Good
Message 2 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Oct 25, 2010

It's great game from what I played of it when I rented it.

I wish I owned it hahaha..

"

As for the RPGs, such as turnbased, action, strategy, and all that.... well, this world would be full of even more stupid people in my honest opinion. RPGs, in *not all* most cases give story to the player, or strategically challenge the mind through SRPGs, or Puzzle dungeons. If you think about it, RPGs are sort of like a visual, and audio story, where the person playing it is involved to challenge their brain, and read a book with all the scenes drawn out on TV for them. I really do think a lack of RPGs would dumb down people, because I do believe the presence of the genre does help the mind."
Message 3 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1617 posts

Oct 27, 2010
I enjoyed what I played of it. but the dungeons seemed rather long. I lost interest probably about 1/3rd through the game. I should probably get back to it...
Message 4 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Oct 27, 2010

it gets repetitive fast. I was bored after a week. traded in

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5 (9 Views)
0 Likes