Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6969 posts

Re: Is Kingdom Hearts worth my $20?

Jan 29, 2006
Unfortunately Black magic or summons weren't very strong in FF9. With Vivi you could do Auto Reflect and Reflect x2, and just cast spells on yourself :smileytongue:

Trying to stay on topic... Not everyone can be happy, but I think KH is pretty good overall :smileytongue: go buy it
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2914 posts

Jan 29, 2006
Kingdom Hearts is worth paying full price for. The music is incredible and is easily one of the best soundtracks ever made, the battle system is fun and engaging, the level design is fantastic, although there are a few bad worlds here or there, and the story and characters are the best on the PS2. A fantastic RPG all around.
**DAY MAN. FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN. CHAMPION OF THE SUN. YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP... FOR EVERYONE DAY MAN**
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Jan 30, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
I wouldn't say it is worth even $5.  The game is so annoyingly bad.  The music is ear-wrenching (and I am a huge fan of Yoko Shimomura, too), the battle system is so sketchy, and the camera angles are terrible.  The worlds are way too small, and often times feel clastrophobic.  To top it all off, it has some of the most annoying characters ever put in a video game.  Sora, Riku, and Kairi are the worst trio to ever appear in any video game, and they have no chemistry, and offer no originality or substance. 

No, it isn't worth $20.  It isn't even worth $5.  This, along with Tales of Symphonia, are my most hated RPGs of all-time.

That bad eh?  I'm not a big fan of the music myself; then again I only played it for about an hour.  The battling kind of felt like hack 'n slash when I played it, but I'll probably get over it.  I hear you on the camera though, that was terrible.  As for the worlds, I didn't really like them, but I only got to the Tarzan world, so I haven't been in many.  I will say that I HATED the Alice in Wonderland world though.  I did feel claustrophobic (the camera didn't help any), and the world was so ugly (IMO).  Hopefully there aren't any worlds as bad as that one.  I haven't played much of KH, and in the little that I did play, the characters didn't impress me.  Maybe it's just because there weren't many cutscenes with them near the beginning of the game.

:smileysurprised:  No way.....  I thought Tales of Symphonia was awesome....  I loved the anime graphics, and it had such a good storyline!

The camera system works VERY well if you learn how to manually move it!  I never use lock-on unless I'm fighting only one enemy (a key element to fighting Sephiroth without getting hit is managing when to lock-on and when not to)....  And I loved most of the worlds, including Alice's!  I thought Alice's world was cool because it was so surreal!  I also thought that the characters in KH were more lovable and memorable than those in FFIX... and now even Vivi is part of the KH world!

"Annoyingly bad", huh?  I know it's your opinion, Seiken_Densetsu, and your entitled to it, but aren't you being extremely harsh on a game that's been proven by millions of fans and by the media that this game is a masterpiece?

I do hope the characters become lovable to me, but what little I did play, the characters didn't have much screen time.  I hope there are more cutscenes involving the three main characters later in the game.

As for the Alice and Wonderland stage, it just seemed to small for me.  Little space to move around in, and the dizzy camera propelled my disliking towards that stage.  I did like the Tarzan one though, it was pretty cool.

A lot of people on the FF boards talk about Vivi, but I have no idea who he/she is.  Is that the main character in FFIX?

Although I always liked the story of Alice in Wonderland, I never liked the Disney version of it. It is not a happy story. It is an insanity story, and I love insanity stories. There was a game a few years back called American McGee's Alice that I absolutely loved. I believe that was a much more accurate representation of Wonderland than what Disney put forth, and the Cheshire Cate from that game was AWESOME....but that is off topic

Vivi is not the centreal character of Final Fantasy 9. That is Zidane, but he is one of the main characters. He is a black mage. Just an all arround fantastic character

I've heard Alice and Wonderland is much more mature than Disney makes it out to be.....  It's intruiging to me...  :smileytongue:

Oh, so Vivi is the black mage that wears blue and a hat?  The one who's face isn't visible?

And it is. . Disney 'prettied it up' (AKA butchered it), like they do all their classic stories like that

This is Vivi:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
0 posts

Jan 30, 2006
Kingdom Hearts, is my favorite game. It's amazing. The storyline is fantastic and the gameplay is incredible. It is worth your 20$. Just get it, and if you don't like it, return it. No big, but seriously, you'll fall in love with that game. If you get stuck, train more, don't give up. =D
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9933 posts

Jan 30, 2006

§ora wrote:
Kingdom Hearts, is my favorite game. It's amazing. The storyline is fantastic and the gameplay is incredible. It is worth your 20$. Just get it, and if you don't like it, return it. No big, but seriously, you'll fall in love with that game. If you get stuck, train more, don't give up. =D

Nice sig. That is a cool picture.
"Memories are forgotten, but never lost."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Jan 30, 2006
Kingdom Hearts is a good game.
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 1, 2006
By Far , one of the best games EVER.
I GO HOME! PROUD 2 BE A FEMALE GAMER!

Image hosting by Photobucket
http://fp.scea.com/Assets/skins/PS/img/masthead/ug/gap2.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
895 posts

Feb 1, 2006
I bought it at Blockbuster for $5.  It came in a blockbuster case with no instruction booklet, but ran smoothly and played well.  I loved the game, and definately would have paid full price for it.
Can I get a whoa Bundy?
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 3, 2006
This game took for me 33+ hours to beat the story and thats just story theres tons of stuff to unlock. The only thing I hate about this game is how they talk sometimes it looks 2D. But great game.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 3, 2006
Well, guess what everyone?  I went out and bought Kingdom Hearts today!  :smileyvery-happy:  Thanks for all your help!

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 94 (0 Views)
0 Likes