Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9933 posts

Re: Is Kingdom Hearts worth my $20?

Jan 28, 2006

Overall, I didn't really like Alice in Wonderland just because of the song was annoying.(That and the little mermaid music got annoying after hearing over and ober) Everything else was fine.

It depends on the player how well you play. If you're a hardcore rpg gamer, then you might have no problem finishing it in one day. For me, it took about 42 hours, but some of which was spent leveling up.

"Memories are forgotten, but never lost."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10378 posts

Jan 28, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Jak657 wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
I wouldn't say it is worth even $5.  The game is so annoyingly bad.  The music is ear-wrenching (and I am a huge fan of Yoko Shimomura, too), the battle system is so sketchy, and the camera angles are terrible.  The worlds are way too small, and often times feel clastrophobic.  To top it all off, it has some of the most annoying characters ever put in a video game.  Sora, Riku, and Kairi are the worst trio to ever appear in any video game, and they have no chemistry, and offer no originality or substance. 

No, it isn't worth $20.  It isn't even worth $5.  This, along with Tales of Symphonia, are my most hated RPGs of all-time.

That bad eh?  I'm not a big fan of the music myself; then again I only played it for about an hour.  The battling kind of felt like hack 'n slash when I played it, but I'll probably get over it.  I hear you on the camera though, that was terrible.  As for the worlds, I didn't really like them, but I only got to the Tarzan world, so I haven't been in many.  I will say that I HATED the Alice in Wonderland world though.  I did feel claustrophobic (the camera didn't help any), and the world was so ugly (IMO).  Hopefully there aren't any worlds as bad as that one.  I haven't played much of KH, and in the little that I did play, the characters didn't impress me.  Maybe it's just because there weren't many cutscenes with them near the beginning of the game.

:smileysurprised:  No way.....  I thought Tales of Symphonia was awesome....  I loved the anime graphics, and it had such a good storyline!

Alice in Wonderland was the worst world IMO. The real good worlds are Aladdin, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Peter Pan, The Last World, Hercules, Hollow Bastion and the Little Mermaid was pretty good

oh, and KH is definetly a perequiste game

Message Edited by Jak657 on 01-28-200601:20 PM

Well, it's good to hear I won't be experiencing worlds worse than Alice and Wonderland. 

Aladdin is a very cool one you're kinda near to, and let me tell you, the optional boss there is AMAZING
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Jan 28, 2006

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
I wouldn't say it is worth even $5.  The game is so annoyingly bad.  The music is ear-wrenching (and I am a huge fan of Yoko Shimomura, too), the battle system is so sketchy, and the camera angles are terrible.  The worlds are way too small, and often times feel clastrophobic.  To top it all off, it has some of the most annoying characters ever put in a video game.  Sora, Riku, and Kairi are the worst trio to ever appear in any video game, and they have no chemistry, and offer no originality or substance. 

No, it isn't worth $20.  It isn't even worth $5.  This, along with Tales of Symphonia, are my most hated RPGs of all-time.

That bad eh?  I'm not a big fan of the music myself; then again I only played it for about an hour.  The battling kind of felt like hack 'n slash when I played it, but I'll probably get over it.  I hear you on the camera though, that was terrible.  As for the worlds, I didn't really like them, but I only got to the Tarzan world, so I haven't been in many.  I will say that I HATED the Alice in Wonderland world though.  I did feel claustrophobic (the camera didn't help any), and the world was so ugly (IMO).  Hopefully there aren't any worlds as bad as that one.  I haven't played much of KH, and in the little that I did play, the characters didn't impress me.  Maybe it's just because there weren't many cutscenes with them near the beginning of the game.

:smileysurprised:  No way.....  I thought Tales of Symphonia was awesome....  I loved the anime graphics, and it had such a good storyline!

Reasons why I hated Tales of Symphonia:

-Completely Unoriginal and poorly organized story
-Incredibly unoriginal characters
-Terrible battle system with no strategy
-Very low difficulty (even on Mania mode)
-The game's story is very short
-Not enough sidequests
-Some of the worst music I have ever heard
-Unresponsive controls

The only thing I liked about ToS were the graphics.  The rest of it was terrible, and if it were not for the graphics, I would have given the game an F in my review for it.

• Yes, the story was fairly unorganized, but by the time I beat the game, I looked back on it, and realized what a great story it had.
  • Some were cliched, but some were original.  (i.e. Zelos) 
  • The battle system was kind of hack n' slash, but it could be very deep if you took full advantage of the many unison attacks you could do and ex-gem combinations you could make.
  • Some of the bosses were a little difficult for me, especially near the end.
  • Short??  It was two-discs long, and had several twists, making it longer than I would expect.  FFX, now there's a short RPG.
  • Yes, I would've liked more sidequests...
  • I thought the music was about average.  Some bad tracks, but some very good tracks as well.
  • As for responsive controls, I'd say it's quite responsive, but in battle, it gets much less responsive, unfortunately.

The anime graphics are the very thing that drew me into the game!  I also loved the story, and character relationships, especially between Lloyd and Colette.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Jan 28, 2006

Jak657 wrote:

less than one day??? That's litteraly impossible. Might've been my first RPG ever, but it took me 45 hours

maybe would've taken 30 if I blazed through. And then I played over 100 hours getting like 95% of the game complete

Message Edited by Jak657 on 01-28-200601:14 PM

My friend is like the biggest Kingdom Hearts junkie in the world, and he said it can be beaten in a day. 

well never in my days will I believe that but okay. I just think that with all the worlds and leveling up and sidequests in would take atleast a week for the addicted gamer

A week is 168 hours.  Surely it doesn't take that long.  My friend was talking a day in terms of 24 hours, not in terms of how long you play it.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Jan 28, 2006

WaveK89 wrote:

Overall, I didn't really like Alice in Wonderland just because of the song was annoying.(That and the little mermaid music got annoying after hearing over and ober) Everything else was fine.

It depends on the player how well you play. If you're a hardcore rpg gamer, then you might have no problem finishing it in one day. For me, it took about 42 hours, but some of which was spent leveling up.

I cannot stand the Alice and Wonderland song. 

Btw, I'm a very hardcore RPGer.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Jan 28, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

-Not enough sidequests
-Unresponsive controls

The only thing I liked about ToS were the graphics.  The rest of it was terrible, and if it were not for the graphics, I would have given the game an F in my review for it.

• Yes, the story was fairly unorganized, but by the time I beat the game, I looked back on it, and realized what a great story it had.
  • The battle system was kind of hack n' slash, but it could be very deep if you took full advantage of the many unison attacks you could do and ex-gem combinations you could make.
  • Short??  It was two-discs long, and had several twists, making it longer than I would expect.  FFX, now there's a short RPG.
  • I thought the music was about average.  Some bad tracks, but some very good tracks as well.
  • As for responsive controls, I'd say it's quite responsive, but in battle, it gets much less responsive, unfortunately.

The anime graphics are the very thing that drew me into the game!  I also loved the story, and character relationships, especially between Lloyd and Colette.

Zelos wasn't very original, since there are many of those perverted type of people in RPGS.  And the reason the game was two discs long was because it was a GCN title.  GCN discs can't hold as much space as the other two consoles.  Star Ocean 3, Dragon Quest VII, and more are examples of long RPGs.  ToS is a quick 30 hour RPG.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Jak657 wrote:

less than one day??? That's litteraly impossible. Might've been my first RPG ever, but it took me 45 hours

maybe would've taken 30 if I blazed through. And then I played over 100 hours getting like 95% of the game complete

My friend is like the biggest Kingdom Hearts junkie in the world, and he said it can be beaten in a day. 

well never in my days will I believe that but okay. I just think that with all the worlds and leveling up and sidequests in would take atleast a week for the addicted gamer

A week is 168 hours.  Surely it doesn't take that long.  My friend was talking a day in terms of 24 hours, not in terms of how long you play it.

I believe it can be done if you skip all the cutscenes (I forgot if that's possible), dash through all the worlds, skip the worlds you don't have to go to, not do any sidequests, and don't take so much time leveling up....  That's what I meant when you can beat it in a day, 24 hours is more than enough time to do that....  But will you get any satisfaction from the game?  Hell no!
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

The camera system works VERY well if you learn how to manually move it!  I never use lock-on unless I'm fighting only one enemy (a key element to fighting Sephiroth without getting hit is managing when to lock-on and when not to)....  And I loved most of the worlds, including Alice's!  I thought Alice's world was cool because it was so surreal!  I also thought that the characters in KH were more lovable and memorable than those in FFIX... and now even Vivi is part of the KH world!

"Annoyingly bad", huh?  I know it's your opinion, Seiken_Densetsu, and your entitled to it, but aren't you being extremely harsh on a game that's been proven by millions of fans and by the media that this game is a masterpiece?

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

-Not enough sidequests
-Unresponsive controls

Zelos wasn't very original, since there are many of those perverted type of people in RPGS.  And the reason the game was two discs long was because it was a GCN title.  GCN discs can't hold as much space as the other two consoles.  Star Ocean 3, Dragon Quest VII, and more are examples of long RPGs.  ToS is a quick 30 hour RPG.

Well, I'll take your word for it on Zelos, since you've probably played more RPGs than I have (I've only played RPGs since Nov. 2004).  Since Tales of Symphonia was my first RPG, Zelos didn't seem annoying or cliched at all to me, but rather new. 

I suppose if you rush it, you can beat ToS in 30 hours....

Speaking of Dragon Quest, I'm loving playing through DQVIII, so I was wondering if I'd enjoy Dragon Quest VII (PS1).  I know it's probably rare as gold, but I've become more interested in the DQ series since playing DQVIII, so I was thinking about picking up DQVII.  Do you suggest DQVII to me?

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Jak657 wrote:

I believe it can be done if you skip all the cutscenes (I forgot if that's possible), dash through all the worlds, skip the worlds you don't have to go to, not do any sidequests, and don't take so much time leveling up....  That's what I meant when you can beat it in a day, 24 hours is more than enough time to do that....  But will you get any satisfaction from the game?  Hell no!

Oh okay.  That clears a lot up.  I was first under the impression that you could beat KH in less than 24 hours under normal playing conditions, no problem.  But if you really have to skip all of that to do it, then it makes KH seem a lot longer to me than what I originally thought.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 94 (1 View)
0 Likes