Treasure Hunter
9105 posts

Re: I feel robbed and outraged at White Knight Chronicles2

Oct 7, 2012

I got WKC 2 the day it came out (had worked my butt off to plat WKC1 before WKC2 came out the next) only to find out that WKC2 was 100% of WKC1 with maybe 10% new stuff added on.  I stopped playing WKC2 a few months after it was released (this was before the first set of new quests had come out) and just havnt gotten back into it.

It really made me mad that everything i went thru to plat the first one, HAD to be done all over again in WKC2.  It was like they was saying "hey we couldnt take the time to really do a whole new game with new areas so we are just gonna have you do everything you did in WKC1 all over again in WKC2 and call it a new game, but we will add a tiny amount of new things to make it worth doing all over again".

I just cant get myself back into doing the same things all over again

Message 11 of 20 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Originally WKC1 and 2 were suppose to be one title but the developers ran out of time for the second half (WKC2) and released both seperatly, this is why you can transfer your data from WKC1 to WKC2.  Currently there are about 70-80 quests including increased GR rank and level cap that are being denied to the US/EU players.  

I just wish the publishers would not have cut this game off so quickly, it was abandoned not even a year in, seriously who does that?  There are games much older that still get DLC content even though the player base is small.  

The petition has 1k+ signatures now I believe and many in the community report they would purchase the game again with the rest of the content on it or pay for a DLC package but I guess the cost of doing this is just to much for the publishers or something, very frustrating for alot of us as we want to keep playing but we have pretty much run everything available so many times it is getting stale and the player base is shrinking quickly as a result.

Message 12 of 20 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3099 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I am one of the few people who platinumed the game and absolutely hated WKC1, I mean HATED the game. It has made me rethink whether to ever buy another level 5 game again. So, when WKC2 was coming out I was hoping they would've fixed some of the major issues I had with the game but it ended being a copy and paste of the first game, so I knew I was going to hate that game as well.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 13 of 20 (396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1152 posts

Oct 20, 2012

thats why i only rented the title to see how it was.but sent it back to gamefly because the game was bad.its a shame really, because level-5 had the chance to make an epic game way back in 2006 but they somehow decided to change the direction of the game. oh and i'm with you that on game DLC gotta stop.actually, i was banned from a site for voicing my opinion on the matter when they started to sell horse armor lol

Photobucket
Message 14 of 20 (363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Global Total as of 06th Oct 2012 (units): 0.53m according to VGChartz and that is pretty good for a JRPG.  The US/EU market it is around 0.26m or half of total sales Look at the sales of the Atelier series of games on PS3. Atelier Rorona sold (according to VG Chartz) only 280K copies total everywhere, and yet we are about to get the third in that series of games. Atelier Totori sold about 310,000...

copies. Both were considered successful enough to merit a sequel.

In fact WKC2 (0.53m) has outsold (according to VGChartz) all of these games;

(All tiles include all sales in every country on the PS3)
NieR (0.50m)
3D Dot Game Heroes (0.45m)
DC Universe Online (0.45m)
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (0.51m)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (0.41m)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (0.41m)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (0.34m) PS3
Eternal Sonata (0.33m)
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (0.32m)
Two Worlds II (0.34m)
Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland (0.30m)
Hyperdimension Neptunia (0.30m)
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (0.23m)
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel (0.19m)
Enchanted Arms (0.18m)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (0.50m)

Suddenly I'm wondering why WKC2 is considered such a failure? Who'd call Dragon Age 2 a failure? Tales of Graces F? Star Ocean The Last Hope International? These sold a little better than WKC2, but not *that* much better...
Dragon Age II (0.63m)
Tales of Graces f (0.69m)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International PS3 (0.58m)

Total sales also do not count for items people bought such as tickes, knight armors and GeoRama parts, though I am sure that will raise other games up a bit alos but there is still alot of money that was spent on extra items on the PSN store.

You know, I think we deserve better than we're getting both from the publisher/developer and the community. And comparatively speaking, I don't see how WKC as a series of games can be thought of as a failure at all.
Message 15 of 20 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3099 posts

Oct 21, 2012

perrandy wrote:

thats why i only rented the title to see how it was.but sent it back to gamefly because the game was bad.its a shame really, because level-5 had the chance to make an epic game way back in 2006 but they somehow decided to change the direction of the game. oh and i'm with you that on game DLC gotta stop.actually, i was banned from a site for voicing my opinion on the matter when they started to sell horse armor lol

Yea, what sold me on the game was that E3 video that showed all the fighting in real time and not that horrible circle you needed to fill up to fight. WKC had the potential to be a really great sereies but it idk what they were thinking. I would of been satisfied with rogue galaxy's gameplay and that would of been great. I rather liked them to just have made a sequel to rogue galaxy and not continued with the WKC series at all.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 16 of 20 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Oct 21, 2012
So I guess this is why the game is so cheap now. Suppose it's a good thing I didn't buy it...
Message 17 of 20 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Message 18 of 20 (297 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Nov 7, 2012

colstripcapn wrote:

I knew there was a reason I have never, ever, not even once, bought DLC.

Sadly, I'm in the very, very, extreamly small minority on that. You know, if people didn't support DLC .... it wouldn't exist, the stuff would be on the disc, and you'd get it all on day one.

You know, just like in the PS2 and before years.

But... this is the world we live in now.

I too am a mamber of that very exclusive club. I refuse to buy DLC, ever.
I think the trend of it is bad for consumers, and tends to lend itself to shady business practices (aka money grubbing)
DLC is the reason I quit MMOs. Though they call it "Cash Shop" or "In Game Store" or the like, its all the same idea.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 19 of 20 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 28, 2013

And now the servers are shutting down :C

Message 20 of 20 (109 Views)
0 Likes