Feb 13 2006
By: ArcticZombie~ Gaming Beast 2521 posts

Grandia 3 IGN Review is in!

12 replies 5 views Edited Feb 13, 2006
Check it out everybody:http://ps2.ign.com/articles/687/687732p1.html

Hmmm, I haven't read it yet, but that score looks kinda low for what I was expecting...

Message Edited by ArcticZombie on 02-13-200612:50 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Re: Grandia 3 IGN Review is in!

Feb 13, 2006
The score doesn't reflect what they say in the review at all.  They claim that the only real bad thing about the game is that the story is a rather cliche and hole-filled, but then they give low ratings in everything.  I don't care though, I am still getting this game.  If not only to keep me busy until Suikoden V's release!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Feb 13, 2006

d00d171 wrote:
The score doesn't reflect what they say in the review at all.  They claim that the only real bad thing about the game is that the story is a rather cliche and hole-filled, but then they give low ratings in everything.  I don't care though, I am still getting this game.  If not only to keep me busy until Suikoden V's release!

That's true. Most rpg's suffer from that these days. I can't wait to own it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8473 posts

Feb 13, 2006

ArcticZombie wrote:
Check it out everybody:http://ps2.ign.com/articles/687/687732p1.html

Hmmm, I haven't read it yet, but that score looks kinda low for what I was expecting...

I read it very quickly, I don't see anything really bad that they said about this game, it looks to be a good RPG. I'll get it once I manage to pay all my tuition fee.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 13, 2006
I heard, that just like Grandia II, the game is good but nothing spectacular like everyone was thinking before its' release.

Message Edited by Seiken_Densetsu on 02-13-200607:50 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Feb 13, 2006

Shadowmyst01 wrote:

d00d171 wrote:

That's true. Most rpg's suffer from that these days. I can't wait to own it.

I think to say all rpgs suffer from that these days would be more accurate. Sure there are a few that get the appropriate scores but overall the writers in gaming journalism bash good RPGs w/ thier scores. They have nothing bad to say about the game in alot of cases yet the game scores a 7-8 or less? IGN is the worst when it comes to scoring games and I dont even use them or consider any score they give anymore. It was really no suprise they gave Grandia III a bad score but its somewhat of a suprise seeing how low of a score the game received and reading what they said. It seems this Grandia should be receiving at least an 8.6 and probably should receive closer to or above a 9.

Anyways, RPGs do suffer greatly by the hands of gaming journalists. Id say 99.2% of the genre gets downgraded and derated for no apparent reasons. Great games get considerably low scores while the mediocre get praised. Ive never been one to regard scores when it comes to purchasing a game. But I always wonder how many people miss out on a great RPG because they see a low score...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Feb 13, 2006
This sounds right up my alley.  Why take 100hrs to tell a story you can tell in 40hrs??  That's just me.  If the game warrants 100hrs, then sobeit, but if 60 of those hours are spent dodging lightning and  playing underwater menu based soccer, I'll pass..  I spent 70hrs the first time I played FFIV and that was all based on gameplay, not some stupid snorequest or playing the dating game type crap. 

I think this one's gonna be a winner.  I've never understood the mentality that RPGs have to be 100hrs long if you truly get 40hrs worth of awesome gameplay..

I'd rather have an outstanding 40hr game versus an average to below average 100hr game ANYDAY!!!  ** cough ** DQVIII. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Feb 14, 2006

Blaq wrote:
This sounds right up my alley.  Why take 100hrs to tell a story you can tell in 40hrs??  That's just me.  If the game warrants 100hrs, then sobeit, but if 60 of those hours are spent dodging lightning and  playing underwater menu based soccer, I'll pass..  I spent 70hrs the first time I played FFIV and that was all based on gameplay, not some stupid snorequest or playing the dating game type crap. 

I think this one's gonna be a winner.  I've never understood the mentality that RPGs have to be 100hrs long if you truly get 40hrs worth of awesome gameplay..

I'd rather have an outstanding 40hr game versus an average to below average 100hr game ANYDAY!!!  ** cough ** DQVIII. 

Couldn't've said it any better myself... so I won't. Instead, I'll give you props.
Although, having extras to do adds to replayablitity and fun factor. If not tacked on and properly implemented, then they can be fun. I just don't want to be forced to play them. Like Blitzball- that was the single hardest game of soccer I've ever played, and I've been playing soccer for 4 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Feb 14, 2006

JDplasma11 wrote:

Blaq wrote:

Couldn't've said it any better myself... so I won't. Instead, I'll give you props.
Although, having extras to do adds to replayablitity and fun factor. If not tacked on and properly implemented, then they can be fun. I just don't want to be forced to play them. Like Blitzball- that was the single hardest game of soccer I've ever played, and I've been playing soccer for 4 years.

Yeah, unfortunately too many games save all the sidequests until the end of the game.  I'm like "Screw That",  I'm too close to the end to go back into the Dungeon Of Forgotten Possibilities just to get some orb that really won't matter if I have or not.  Tales of Symphonia was a CLASSIC example of tacking on all the good sidequests at the end. 

Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 14, 2006
I have a question...is that game filled with religion, prayer, or things like that. I might actually get it, but, if it has those elements then I can't play it. As you all fully know.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (5 Views)
0 Likes