Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: Fallout 3 will have trophies?

Sep 29, 2008

Wasabi5858 wrote:

There was an article somewhere with a MS exec concerning the new battle for exclusivity... DLC.

In this age of increasing development cost, you can't stop every game from going multiplat, but you can fight for your customers by securing exclusive DLC.

Sony just doesn't care...   First party games is where they are at.

I don't really see where DLC makes any game better. Nor trophies. I can't see spending another $10 - $20 for extra content just to add a few extra hours to a game. To me, DLC says, "Hey, we pushed the game out early, here buy the rest of the package."
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Sep 29, 2008

Papawarlock wrote:

Wasabi5858 wrote:

There was an article somewhere with a MS exec concerning the new battle for exclusivity... DLC.

In this age of increasing development cost, you can't stop every game from going multiplat, but you can fight for your customers by securing exclusive DLC.

I don't really see where DLC makes any game better. Nor trophies. I can't see spending another $10 - $20 for extra content just to add a few extra hours to a game. To me, DLC says, "Hey, we pushed the game out early, here buy the rest of the package."

That's an interesting take on DLC. Certainly I think that there are developers out there that abuse the DLC system to make a buck but not always. DLC is a great way imo, to add more to the experience of the game without having to create another full blown sequel. Games like Warhawk, Call of Duty 4 and yes, Oblivion have done a great job adding more content and extra missions that weren't envisioned as part of the original creation. For a small price someone who enjoyed the original game can get a renewed reason to play their game. 

Also DLC doesn't necessarily equate to spending money. Criterion has been doing a great job with Burnout Paradise for example. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Sep 29, 2008

jag_stilvecchio wrote:

Papawarlock wrote:

Wasabi5858 wrote:

That's an interesting take on DLC. Certainly I think that there are developers out there that abuse the DLC system to make a buck but not always. DLC is a great way imo, to add more to the experience of the game without having to create another full blown sequel. Games like Warhawk, Call of Duty 4 and yes, Oblivion have done a great job adding more content and extra missions that weren't envisioned as part of the original creation. For a small price someone who enjoyed the original game can get a renewed reason to play their game. 

Also DLC doesn't necessarily equate to spending money. Criterion has been doing a great job with Burnout Paradise for example. 

Just a personal opinion on DLC. It really doesn't make sense to me. Neither do trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Sep 29, 2008

Papawarlock wrote:

Wasabi5858 wrote:

DLC nor trophies don't make the game any better.  Me getting a free copy from the developer does.  =)

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Sep 29, 2008

iruhl wrote:

Papawarlock wrote:

Wasabi5858 wrote:

DLC nor trophies don't make the game any better.  Me getting a free copy from the developer does.  =)

Ummmmm. Can't argue with logic like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Sep 29, 2008

jag_stilvecchio wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

ixbleedxfire wrote:

Yeah I was worried about the dlc, but who know sony may put something out that may keep me with it.

You don't have to worry about DLC, just like Oblivion it will arrive sooner or later. No publisher in their right mind would deny themselves that kind of money. It doesn't make sense.

As for buying games based on trophies only is comical to say the least. What ever happened to enjoying games because you like them?

Actually no. The only Oblivion DLC that PS3 owners got was The Shivering Isles, which was also available in stores and on disc. There are several other DLC bundles that are available to 360 and PC owners only. 

This content never saw the light of day on the PS3 and don't ever expect it to.  

"No publisher in their right mind would deny themselves that kind of money"

They would if MS offered to buy the rights to the DLC... look at GTA IV DLC for another example. 

I agree that trophies shouldn't be a deciding factor but support to the product is. No DLC + No patches = I will not buy the game on the Ps3. Much like Oblivion, I expect F3 will ship with glitches. It's just inherent to a game with such open-ended gameplay. I'd rather buy the verson that gets developer support.

PS3 owners are sad to say, 2nd class citizens in Bethesda's eyes. 

your correct and it won't.

but its not just Bethesda my friend.

Until Sony puts the hammer down and demands these features be put in all its (key word) PS3 games, this trend will continue.  

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Sep 29, 2008

Papawarlock wrote:

jag_stilvecchio wrote:

Papawarlock wrote:

Wasabi5858 wrote:

Just a personal opinion on DLC. It really doesn't make sense to me. Neither do trophies.

somebody shares my opinion on trophies. i don't understand why they are improtant, its not like they get you free stuff. if a game doesn't have trophies why would that stop somebody from getting it. i hate the fact that sony added in trophies. i guess its something that the new gamers feel they need to actually play the game. "why should i go though this dugeon or get this item for what nothing oh wait i get a reward outside of the game waaaayyyy!!!!"

i find trophies to be stupid. dlc im on the walls i don't care if there not there but if they are im not going to complain unless it was something that was taken out but then added in at a later time due to time restrictions or space availble on disc (cough 360 cough). but as something that was he i got a new idea for a dungeoun that would add to the experiance is not bad but to make me pay for it is.

Message Edited by densetsu86 on 09-29-2008 07:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Sep 30, 2008

iruhl wrote:

jag_stilvecchio wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

ixbleedxfire wrote:

Yeah I was worried about the dlc, but who know sony may put something out that may keep me with it.

You don't have to worry about DLC, just like Oblivion it will arrive sooner or later. No publisher in their right mind would deny themselves that kind of money. It doesn't make sense.

As for buying games based on trophies only is comical to say the least. What ever happened to enjoying games because you like them?

Actually no. The only Oblivion DLC that PS3 owners got was The Shivering Isles, which was also available in stores and on disc. There are several other DLC bundles that are available to 360 and PC owners only. 

They would if MS offered to buy the rights to the DLC... look at GTA IV DLC for another example. 

I agree that trophies shouldn't be a deciding factor but support to the product is. No DLC + No patches = I will not buy the game on the Ps3. Much like Oblivion, I expect F3 will ship with glitches. It's just inherent to a game with such open-ended gameplay. I'd rather buy the verson that gets developer support.

Until Sony puts the hammer down and demands these features be put in all its (key word) PS3 games, this trend will continue.  

which is odd because DLC earns them more money so I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't add it for the majority of the games, especially since the ps3 cards, it's easier than ever to purchase DLC. but I hope the trend wont continue...

If you can stand me for more than 5mins:
http://ixbleedxfire.tumblr.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1793 posts

Sep 30, 2008
we love trophies :]
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 43 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Sep 30, 2008

ixbleedxfire wrote:

iruhl wrote:

jag_stilvecchio wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

ixbleedxfire wrote:

which is odd because DLC earns them more money so I honestly don't understand why they wouldn't add it for the majority of the games, especially since the ps3 cards, it's easier than ever to purchase DLC. but I hope the trend wont continue...

your getting warmer in my book.  but my book is according to sum is the Satanic Bible.  hehe..  I'm not going to turn this into a comparison heated vs. rant as I'm sure ppl are standing by  - clicking my recent posts - waiting for me too.  so I'll say this as politely and as shortly as i possibly can and simply walk away. 

Devs have come right out and said the PS3 is way tougher to deal with than the PS2.  right?   Thats common knowledge much like the others heating problem.  Same devs also said Xbox is just like a PC, it's real easy to develop for, so were straight on that. no harm posted.  right?  

*virtually texts Cheatster for acceptance to contiune*

If GAMERS honestly think with all these firey(sp?) playstation topics (not just here ,IGN,Gamespot,gamefaqs) about no DLC, no trophy support, exclusive timed releases etc.  etc.  all the fodder than ppl love to argue about nowadays EVERYDAY it seems are all on the studio developers and more so on Microsoft because they "buy" everything,  I feel very sadened deeply thats what the playstation community I've known and love for 7 years has come to think.  Certainly I know about the 50 million for GTA4, we all do.. It was posted EVERYWHERE.  but did they pay 50 million to Square Enix to be at the press conference and to develop on their system?  100 million?  Bioware?  Bungie?  Bethesda?  Barack Obama?  come on guys seriously.  Sony has the best selling console to date and thats the PS2.  IMO Sony must have thought everyone would run out and buy a PS3 for 599.99 simply because the PS2 was so great and that obviously didn't happen.  The price had to be lowered and let's face it not a ton of support has been there.  Release a faulty update?  why isn't my PS3 flooded with the RPG's I loved from the PS2?  Final Fantasy?  Champions of Norath?  where's Dark Cloud 3?  hell give me a new Summoner! 

Again no jabs just a simple discussion here,    

I'm just not so sure any console will ever surpass the PS2's total over 100 million worldwide sales.  ever.  It's still selling over 100k a month, early in the year a guy posted NPD sales on the PS2 board and it outsold the PS3 for like 2 months when the Singstar package came out.  Maybe this has no turned into a problem with devs to choose to dev on PS3 or PS3 or both.?  I dunno.  But again maybe my vision is skewed a bit since i own all 3 consoles now instead of when years back we all just had the all mighty PS2 here, but please assure me when the time comes on these forums and i go to get my PS4 that I have to wait 2-3 years before the system takes off as stated at the most recent press conference.  I know it was the same with the PS2 but maybe we can change that next time???  please?  I mean whether ppl accept it or not the other 2 console sare moving forward with or without Sony.   Last gen Sony had NO competition whatsoever....  Now they most certainly have 2 huge consoles breathing down it's throat for sum of what it had all of last generation.. the market...no question.  I honestly think Sony might of been a bit too laid back to its approach to the PS3.   It's not so much Nintendo (console sales) as it is the other system (software sales) that creates so much topic discussion here.  I realize your new from your date but I really don't pay attention to post counts and start dates.  You'll probably assume I favor not the PS3 but I DO favor games and if I'm forced to choose as the previous gentlemen stated, guess I'll go where the developer support is at too.  my apologies i guess if that offends ppl as it seems too.   but Yes! I'm personally dissappointed in Sony for what currently is my PS3 but at the same time I will always admire them for what they did for gaming with the PS2.  That no one can ever take away from them no matter how badly they "drop the ball" or whatever ppl tend to call it this week.

i hope that didn't come off to biased (i realize i do sometimes) or a rant because that wasn't the intention. Just an honest gamers reply here on the world wide web.

and absolutely not should Fallout3 ship with ANY glitches but thats a whole other rant thats alot less flaming of a topic than this stuff is.... but I'm not getting into that tonight.  

B

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 43 (7 Views)