Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

Re: FF Battle Systems...Thoughts?

Jan 25, 2011

I liked FFXIII combat. The system made you think and plan ahead. I did not really like the game layout to much. I would just want them to add towns, quests from townsfolk and more exploration early in the game. Being able to backtrack would be a big plus too.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Jan 25, 2011

The battle system in FF is also but not quite there.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 25, 2011

I thought the combat system of FFXIII was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it. Of course this is coming form the guy who has never played a Final Fantasy Game before other than XIII. I know, I'm lame.

But, that's not to say I haven't been a fan of them for years, although I never experienced them first hand. Anyways, yeah, however, the battles in FFXIII were pretty quick, however, a pro to the combat system is that you would have to keep on switching your paradigms, which often kept on my toes, and alert.

However, I am looking forward to Versus XIII, as I am a big fan of the KH series, and the battle style seems similar to that. So yeah, in other words, I like the battle system, and I am not really all that picky when it comes to the style of combat. I'm fine with anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Classes and the old turnbased goodness. Unless we get that, the series will always be mediocre or bad with me. They aren't all BAD but the series just doesn't feel right without certain things to it, and the battle system is one.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (13 Views)