Survivor
2914 posts

Re: Do you need KH GBA to understand KH2?

Feb 20, 2006
I thought it was hard enough trying to understand Chain of Memories while I was playing through it, so I can only imagine the tough time you will be having when Kingdom Hearts II only expands on those events. Hopefully there will be a recap.
**DAY MAN. FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN. CHAMPION OF THE SUN. YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP... FOR EVERYONE DAY MAN**
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Feb 20, 2006

Ratchet728 wrote:
I thought it was hard enough trying to understand Chain of Memories while I was playing through it, so I can only imagine the tough time you will be having when Kingdom Hearts II only expands on those events. Hopefully there will be a recap.

I don't understand much Japanese, but it doesn't recap much, but it does recap enough to know what's going on....
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8501 posts

Feb 20, 2006

This features some of the Videos for Kingdom Hearts: CoM for GBA:

http://www.kh2.co.uk/?com=Videos

This shows the whole ending of CoM:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gba/c/king.htm

downlink ii
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8501 posts

Feb 20, 2006

Xin wrote:
KH II will certainly most likely to have at least a summary of KH: COM; but if you want anything in detail then it probably is a good idea to read the scrip. GameFaqs does not allow extra sources to link directly to its content so anyone wants it will just have to go through their site, not a great deal of work if you ask me heh. To be honest, besides that I donot know a lot about the game. KH was never my interests and KH II does not seem to interest me as of yet.

Anyways it is good to be back heh. Been on an internship for a few months, gotta earn some $$ for skooling hehehe....

Kingdom Hearts II only has a quick recap which is a video, the video is mainly action and doesn't have much words, just "Passion" playing in the back.  Nomura(sp?) wanted to just make CoM a side project, and did not want to make it so if you didn't play it, you could still jump in and play Kingdom Hearts II.  It didn't work out as he planned.
downlink ii
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Feb 21, 2006
go read the script on gamefaqs, i did and it made me understand everything a lot more. trust me, either read through the script, or play the game. otherwise, ull be lost in kigndom eharts 2.
Proud Canadian
PSN: btkadams

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Feb 21, 2006

downlink II wrote:

Xin wrote:
KH II will certainly most likely to have at least a summary of KH: COM; but if you want anything in detail then it probably is a good idea to read the scrip. GameFaqs does not allow extra sources to link directly to its content so anyone wants it will just have to go through their site, not a great deal of work if you ask me heh. To be honest, besides that I donot know a lot about the game. KH was never my interests and KH II does not seem to interest me as of yet.

Anyways it is good to be back heh. Been on an internship for a few months, gotta earn some $$ for skooling hehehe....

Kingdom Hearts II only has a quick recap which is a video, the video is mainly action and doesn't have much words, just "Passion" playing in the back.  Nomura(sp?) wanted to just make CoM a side project, and did not want to make it so if you didn't play it, you could still jump in and play Kingdom Hearts II.  It didn't work out as he planned.

The tutorial/intro portion of the game still recaps some of it, not just the video....
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 21, 2006

elementsk8er24 wrote:
Well i was wondering if i should pick up the KH GBA version becasue i plan to pick up KH2 as soon as i get my hands on it. But do i need KH GBA to fully understand KH2 cause i do have KH1 so i know somewha already...but yeah do i need KH GBA?

Nope, but you will need a psychiatrist to understand any of Kingdom Hearts! Since it's a mix of Final Fantasy characters, ripped (somehow) from their respected universes..."even dead characters might I add", as well as Disney Characters ripped from all of thier Disnafied Realms. They're somehow, mixed in with this select group of original characters to create an all-together rip-roaring time! Oh yeah, you fight off "The Heartless..." Not to mention, how they combined Cloud and Vincent as Cloud's attire through-out Kingdom Hearts...and I think in Kingdom Hearts II...he's wearing the Advent Children outfit......go figure eh. If they start tying in the Final Fantasy's with Kingdom Hearts, I'm going to be aggrivated!

I Love Disney Cartoons (even with their perversions...which all of the movies have), and I Love Final Fantasy...I've just yet to warm up to the whole thing....maybe in time or with some convincing, I'll be changed...anyone want to take a shot at it?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Feb 21, 2006

banedraven wrote:

elementsk8er24 wrote:
Well i was wondering if i should pick up the KH GBA version becasue i plan to pick up KH2 as soon as i get my hands on it. But do i need KH GBA to fully understand KH2 cause i do have KH1 so i know somewha already...but yeah do i need KH GBA?

Nope, but you will need a psychiatrist to understand any of Kingdom Hearts! Since it's a mix of Final Fantasy characters, ripped (somehow) from their respected universes..."even dead characters might I add", as well as Disney Characters ripped from all of thier Disnafied Realms. They're somehow, mixed in with this select group of original characters to create an all-together rip-roaring time! Oh yeah, you fight off "The Heartless..." Not to mention, how they combined Cloud and Vincent as Cloud's attire through-out Kingdom Hearts...and I think in Kingdom Hearts II...he's wearing the Advent Children outfit......go figure eh. If they start tying in the Final Fantasy's with Kingdom Hearts, I'm going to be aggrivated!

I Love Disney Cartoons (even with their perversions...which all of the movies have), and I Love Final Fantasy...I've just yet to warm up to the whole thing....maybe in time or with some convincing, I'll be changed...anyone want to take a shot at it?

Um, give KH2 a try, it's a HUGE improvement over the first one, and try not to dwell too much on the FF characters being in it, take them as different characters....  Maybe that will help change your mind....
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 21, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

banedraven wrote:

elementsk8er24 wrote:

Um, give KH2 a try, it's a HUGE improvement over the first one, and try not to dwell too much on the FF characters being in it, take them as different characters....  Maybe that will help change your mind....

Come on Aerith_Jayle...my homie...convince me a little better than that. Really, I want you to sell it to me, pretend you were a salesman. I'm not being sarcastic either, I want you to try your best at making me like Kingdom Hearts II.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Feb 21, 2006

banedraven wrote:

elementsk8er24 wrote:

Well, when it comes to that, its not that the FF characters are magically transported to the Hingdom Hearts world. Its that they are inhabitants of other worlds such as Hallow Bastion or Twilight Town. And, if you've read the interviews with Nomura, he has said that the FF characters are guests in the Kingdom Hearts world. And that for the pupose of these games, there backstories have been rewritten. Ex: In FF7 Arieth dies, but for Kingdom Hearts, this never happened. So i understand how it seems like Kingdom Hearts is "ripping off" FF, but you have to realise that it was done so that Kingdom Hearts could have a deeper story by having characters that the audiance is already familiar with.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes