Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 19 2006
By: elementsk8er24~ Fender Bender 4543 posts

Do you need KH GBA to understand KH2?

36 replies 1 views Edited Feb 19, 2006
Well i was wondering if i should pick up the KH GBA version becasue i plan to pick up KH2 as soon as i get my hands on it. But do i need KH GBA to fully understand KH2 cause i do have KH1 so i know somewha already...but yeah do i need KH GBA?
The Anti Mother
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Re: Do you need KH GBA to understand KH2?

Feb 19, 2006
It is highly recommended that you at least *know* the plot from GBA KH, it serves as a link between the 2 episodes.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Feb 19, 2006

Xin wrote:
It is highly recommended that you at least *know* the plot from GBA KH, it serves as a link between the 2 episodes.

Ya, I highly agree with this. Its a good game, but it gets kinda repetative as you go along. But if you want to understand the plot of it, then go here http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/kingdom_hearts_com_script.txt. This is the entire script for the game. And if you do read it. You only need to read the parts that take place in Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town for Sora's Story. But for Riku's Story, I would reccomend reading all of it.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Feb 19, 2006
Supposely KH II will retold what happened in KH I and Kh COM 

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Feb 19, 2006

Xin wrote:

I was halfway expecting KH II to have a recap at the beginning of KH I and CoM's or at the very least CoM's- has there been any word on this?

btw- Long time no see, Xin. Welcome back.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4543 posts

Feb 19, 2006

Xabrin wrote:

Xin wrote:

Ya, I highly agree with this. Its a good game, but it gets kinda repetative as you go along. But if you want to understand the plot of it, then go here http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/kingdom_hearts_com_script.txt. This is the entire script for the game. And if you do read it. You only need to read the parts that take place in Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town for Sora's Story. But for Riku's Story, I would reccomend reading all of it.

link doesn't work
The Anti Mother
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2005 posts

Feb 19, 2006
Does KH:CoM play anything like Metal Gear Ac!d?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2583 posts

Feb 19, 2006
Game FAQs doesn't allow hotlinking.

Insomniac Forums: GMR5
Visit My Website
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Feb 19, 2006
It would definately be better, especially due to the fact that you only have around 40 days (37 to be exact!) to try out the story line. The recap, as far as many have seen, is only in the intro CG movie, which doesn't reveal a whole lot, just a few moments, and you'd kind of have to dig down deep to figure it all out just from the opening video, so, yes, it would be much better. And even if KHII does have a small recap we haven't seen, it would still be best for you to know the story first hand than having to remember it all from a few minutes worth of video. There are also some websites that provide the 'cutscenes' from Chain of Memories. In one short word, yes.

***Spoiler***

The basis of Chain of Memories before Kingdom Hearts II is to reveal the Organization XIII to the audience, so you kind of know what they are doing in Kingdom Hearts II. Except that the half of the Organization XIII that's in Castle Oblivion is working/experimenting with Sora's memories and the Heartless, while the other half revealed in Kingdom Hearts II will have their own style of plot, (I got this info from the Other Ansem Reports from Kingdom Hearts II) experimenting with Roxas, and why/how he was created.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4543 posts

Feb 19, 2006
Well i bought KH this friday. Thing is i rented the game 2 years ago, and fiquring since KH2 is coming out and i know i want to get it, i thought i pick up KH again since i did sort of forget the storyline. So i picked it up jsut be that Monstro area....well yeah thne i never realzied that CoM was an anctaully continuation until today...so wondering if i should pick it up....which i already did LOL:smileywink:. But by end of next week ill be done KH1..but i might spend more time to get everything..plus how many hours should i put toward CoM?
The Anti Mother
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes