Feb 07 2006
By: DrunkVader~ First Son 23 posts

DQ 8 - Metal Slime question

8 replies 2 views Edited Feb 7, 2006
What weapon do you use on these guys.  Saw them for the first time and could maybe only do one point of damage.  Nothing worked.

Message 1 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Re: DQ 8 - Metal Slime question

Feb 7, 2006

DrunkVader wrote:
What weapon do you use on these guys.  Saw them for the first time and could maybe only do one point of damage.  Nothing worked.

Unless a miracle occurs and you can get a critical hit on them, 1 hit is the standard damage for all characters at any level with any weapon. Magic does not work on them at all. Metal Slash on sword can possibly give two damage. Are you in Ruined Abbey? I spent alot of time there killing them. Required alot of patience though. At that point in the game, Hero was on sword and had Metal Slash so I used that. Yangus was on club and nothing special so he just attacked. Jessica was on staff and just attacked and Angelo was on bow and just attacked. There is no right way to kill them though and much of it rests on luck. They only have 4 hit points though, so they aren't totally evil. lol But you will miss.... ALOT.

Message 2 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6314 posts

Feb 7, 2006

thebaldduelist wrote:

DrunkVader wrote:

Unless a miracle occurs and you can get a critical hit on them, 1 hit is the standard damage for all characters at any level with any weapon. Magic does not work on them at all. Metal Slash on sword can possibly give two damage. Are you in Ruined Abbey? I spent alot of time there killing them. Required alot of patience though. At that point in the game, Hero was on sword and had Metal Slash so I used that. Yangus was on club and nothing special so he just attacked. Jessica was on staff and just attacked and Angelo was on bow and just attacked. There is no right way to kill them though and much of it rests on luck. They only have 4 hit points though, so they aren't totally evil. lol But you will miss.... ALOT.

So true.lol
Message 3 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1831 posts

Feb 7, 2006
i thought they had 6 or 8 hp, hold on 8.....right?
Message 4 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3631 posts

Feb 7, 2006

Those little metallic turds always run away.

They were my first choice for exp but I gave up.

Now if you're good enough, the stronger monsters,

the ones walking around, go find them.

King Metal Slime? Forget him.

Message 5 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Feb 8, 2006

blitz ace wrote:
i thought they had 6 or 8 hp, hold on 8.....right?

Liquid Metal Slimes seem to sometimes have 7 HP and sometimes have 8 HP. But I was talking about the regular ol little guys, the Metal Slimes. They have only 4 HP.

Message 6 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Feb 8, 2006
Thanks everyone.  I thought there was some trick to it, guess I will keep trying.  Do they give you a lot og exp or money?
Message 7 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Feb 8, 2006

DrunkVader wrote:
Thanks everyone.  I thought there was some trick to it, guess I will keep trying.  Do they give you a lot og exp or money?

Metal Slimes give over 1000 EXP. Later on you will find Liquid Metal Slimes which give approx. 10000 EXP and King Metal Slimes which give approx. 30000 EXP. They give next to nothing money wise. This is of course if you are fortunate enough to kill them.

Gold Golems, an enemy you will encounter later in the game, are the ones to seek for gold. They give like 700 gold for one.

Message 8 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6314 posts

Feb 8, 2006
The only time I was able to kill King Metal Slimes was with Yangus and his critical hits.lol
Message 9 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes