Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/22/2003
Offline
405 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 3, 2006
Thanx TBD, that really puts it into perspective. I can forgive loading times, they're minor, i almost come to expect ong loading times and when a game doesn't have them its a bonus. Sounds pretty good to me, i wonder wat the two player functionality is like? Ill look into it. Thanx again.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 21 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/10/2004
Offline
6975 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 4, 2006


QU wrote:
Thanx TBD, that really puts it into perspective. I can forgive loading times, they're minor, i almost come to expect ong loading times and when a game doesn't have them its a bonus. Sounds pretty good to me, i wonder wat the two player functionality is like? Ill look into it. Thanx again.



Your welcome. If you ever do get a chance to play the two player mode, let me know how it seems.

Message 22 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/22/2003
Offline
405 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 6, 2006


thebaldduelist wrote:


QU wrote:
Thanx TBD, that really puts it into perspective. I can forgive loading times, they're minor, i almost come to expect ong loading times and when a game doesn't have them its a bonus. Sounds pretty good to me, i wonder wat the two player functionality is like? Ill look into it. Thanx again.



Your welcome. If you ever do get a chance to play the two player mode, let me know how it seems.


Will Do!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 23 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/15/2005
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 6, 2006

If you don't mind paying $12.95USD/month then Final Fantasy XI would be perfect, it's online, cross-platform (CPU, PS2, XboX360 play together) and also play with North America, Europe, and Japan...hugely popular game and always noob friendly.

 

Asukuu
Rank 5
Garuda
Paladin 60
MysticBlue
Paragon of Paladin Excellence.
Message 24 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/25/2005
Offline
1831 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 6, 2006
i just bought tales of symphonia for gc, awesome so far!
Message 25 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/24/2005
Offline
59 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 6, 2006

You might also like Disgaea:  Hour of Darkness.  It is a single player game, but it's a strategy rpg where in battle you can bring out as many as 10 characters.  This can be a good game to exchange ideas and both of you could plan take part in planning tactics....Or...you could control five of the characters and your girlfriend the other five.

If the software for the PS2 has one significant weakness, imo, it's a lack of multi-player games.  This is going to change very soon, I believe as the PS3 is released and the PS2 may get some more soon, although, that's just my own specualtion.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Message 26 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2005
Offline
5401 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 6, 2006


Insidious Navigator wrote:

You might also like Disgaea:  Hour of Darkness.  It is a single player game, but it's a strategy rpg where in battle you can bring out as many as 10 characters.  This can be a good game to exchange ideas and both of you could plan take part in planning tactics....Or...you could control five of the characters and your girlfriend the other five.

If the software for the PS2 has one significant weakness, imo, it's a lack of multi-player games.  This is going to change very soon, I believe as the PS3 is released and the PS2 may get some more soon, although, that's just my own specualtion.




I've noticed that too... :smileysad:  What in the world was Sony thinking when they decided to make the PS2 have only two controller sockets?!  Of course you can buy the extra controller port device, but why didn't they just make four controller sockets standard, like Nintendo and Microsoft?  If it had four controller ports, multiplayer games would probably be a lot more prevalent on the PS2.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 27 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/24/2005
Offline
59 posts
 

Re: Can Someone Recommend Good Games

Feb 7, 2006
Thanks, for the great review!  I know I tracked this on GameSpot for a long time and I never got around to picking it up.  It sounds like a pass to me for the time being...
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Message 28 of 28 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes