Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Re: COR BLIMEY!

Feb 25, 2006

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
He says it so much to follow Dragon Quest tradition. Smiley Tongue  He is showing boring and annoying repetition, just like the Dragon Quest series does every single game.

I hate Yangus so much.  He is one of my most hated RPG characters.

Message Edited by Seiken_Densetsu on 02-23-200608:36 PM

Aww come on, I don't see why he's got to be hated. I would think Prince "Charmless" is the most annoying in DQVIII. Also, Steiner really was a pain for the most part in FFIX. And Seymour...he was really a monotoned idiot in FFX. They're several annoying characters in RPGs, but, I don't see Yangus as one of them. That's just my opinion.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 11 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1922 posts

Feb 25, 2006
Sometimes Yangus would do his "Cor Blimey!" thing at what seemed like an innapropriate moment. Such as when dealing with the fortune teller and his daughter. I can't exactly remember the circumstances anymore, but he did that at a time when they were talking about something sad. I just remember thinking it was rude and out of place at the time.

It might have been around the time that they were talking about how her real parents had died, I'm not sure anymore.
Message 12 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Feb 25, 2006
I'm not so sure he does it when he is snuck up on anymore. I was playing last night and Yangus was behind Trode, after trode talked about Dhoulmagus Yangus did it. So he did not sneak up on him. In fact, almost everytime Trode talks about Dhoulmagus Yangus does it. I think he does it when he is scared or maybe snuck up on

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 13 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6314 posts

Feb 25, 2006
It's pretty much a joke on his part. He does do most of the comical relief for the game. Even he realizes what he's doing later on in the game. lol
Message 14 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 25, 2006

DarkCloud(R) wrote:
I'm not so sure he does it when he is snuck up on anymore. I was playing last night and Yangus was behind Trode, after trode talked about Dhoulmagus Yangus did it. So he did not sneak up on him. In fact, almost everytime Trode talks about Dhoulmagus Yangus does it. I think he does it when he is scared or maybe snuck up on

If you look at the scene before you will notice that Trode isn't there, but when he starts talking he automatically appears. It surprises Yangus.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 15 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Feb 25, 2006

DarkCloudLives wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

If you look at the scene before you will notice that Trode isn't there, but when he starts talking he automatically appears. It surprises Yangus.

No, Trode didn't apear out of no where this time. And this is at the Baccarat Bar when they were talking to the Bar Tender.

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 16 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes