Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 09 2006
By: reallycooldude1~ Gaming Beast 2577 posts

A good game

13 replies 1 views Edited Feb 9, 2006
Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a good RPG game, that takes a decent amount of hours to beat. What would you recommend ? IS there any good RPG game I should wait for or get one of the many RPG games that are available right now?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Re: A good game

Feb 9, 2006
There are tons of them. Does the age of the RPG matter? What about graphics? Does it matter if it isn 2d or not?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2577 posts

Feb 9, 2006

fs_metal wrote:
There are tons of them. Does the age of the RPG matter? What about graphics? Does it matter if it isn 2d or not?

Age doesn't really matter, I prefer good graphics 2nd or not? What do you mean? Like PS2 or PS1? I want a PS2 one.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6969 posts

Feb 9, 2006
I've heard that DQ8 is a really, really long RPG. The somewhat shorter Shadow Hearts: Covenant has a unique story, but a new one is coming out in a few weeks. Final Fantasy X is good. Generally speaking though... These coming months is the golden age of RPG for the PS2. There are several really nice RPGs that have just come out, and many more still coming.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Feb 9, 2006

reallycooldude1 wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Age doesn't really matter, I prefer good graphics 2nd or not? What do you mean? Like PS2 or PS1? I want a PS2 one.

I mean like SNES rpgs (best era ever. Seriously) or PS1 and PS2

Anyway, Dragon Quest 8

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 9, 2006

fs_metal wrote:

reallycooldude1 wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Anyway, Dragon Quest 8

I third that.  Dragon Quest VIII is simply superb.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
812 posts

Feb 9, 2006

fs_metal wrote:

reallycooldude1 wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Anyway, Dragon Quest 8

i love you....jk.... the snes had the best rpgs ever. if you dont mind buying a psone memory card i sugest final fantasy vii or final fantasy anthologies. for ps2... star ocean till the end of time... i dont play much ps2 rpgs, i live in my ps1...

i assume you got a x-box 360 cuz of your sig... if you wait theres a game that looks kickin called N3: Ninety Nine Nights. it kinda like dynasty warriors with the jobs of a final fantasy (mages, fighters, archers, etc)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 9, 2006

I am 32 hours into Dragon Quest VIII right now and I know I am not half way done yet if the amount of world left to explore is any indication.  You get a world map fairly early on and I am just now leaving the first 2 continents.  A few friends who have played it put any where from 80 to 115 hours into it.

Play time aside, it's also a really good game.  It's definitely one of the better ones I have played.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5830 posts

Feb 9, 2006
i am 85 hours into dq8 and just got the ability to fly. i figure it is gonna take me another 15 to 20 hours to explore the world with it b4 i get back to the quest.

http://www.tmplace.net/
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Feb 10, 2006

Kenzo-san wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

reallycooldude1 wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

Anyway, Dragon Quest 8

i love you....jk.... the snes had the best rpgs ever. if you dont mind buying a psone memory card i sugest final fantasy vii or final fantasy anthologies. for ps2... star ocean till the end of time... i dont play much ps2 rpgs, i live in my ps1...

i assume you got a x-box 360 cuz of your sig... if you wait theres a game that looks kickin called N3: Ninety Nine Nights. it kinda like dynasty warriors with the jobs of a final fantasy (mages, fighters, archers, etc)

I dunno whether to be flattered or scared :smileytongue:

Anyway. Yeahl. The PSone had alot of great role playing games as well, but the SNES rules the roost. FF4, 5 and 6, Sieken Densetsu 2, Illusions of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, ect.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes