Highlighted
Feb 12 2006
By: digikoto Fender Bender 4200 posts

12:37hrs into Xenogears **RPG CLUB** (possible spoilers)

6 replies 24 views Edited Feb 12, 2006
This game is still great.  I'm just outside the old castle in Aveh.  My levels are:

Fei: 23
Doc: 21
Bart: 21

I've spent a good amount of time leveling and just enjoying the gameplay.  The story is very interesting thus far and I am following it pretty well.  I've started to see the relationship this game has with Xenosaga since they have finally unveiled Doc's real name.  

Anyway, I like how this story really does not let you know where it's going until it gets there.  It leaves many things in the dark and then later brings them to light.  I like that about it.

The gameplay is still very enjoyable.  At first I thought the Gear battle's sucked, but once I upgraded my gears, it opened up a whole new land of enjoyment.  

Character-wise, I like Doc and Bart.  Fei has lost some cool points for falling into the 'whining main character' stereotype.  I'm sure as the game progresses, that will wear off and I'll begin to like him, but as of right now, I have mixed feelings about him.  

Anyway.  As always, I'll keep yall posted with my bench marks.  I know it's been a while since I've taken time to write one of my patented "Initial Thoughts" and "Keep You Posted" threads.  

I'll continue to let yall know how this game pans out.  As of right now, we definitely have a winner on our hands.
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 1 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Re: 12:37hrs into Xenogears **RPG CLUB** (possible spoilers)

Feb 12, 2006
Semi-humongous giganto mega-mech Deus Ex sized spoilers

Fei has three personalities: his weak personality, his normal personality and Id. You are probably playing through his weak personality part. He won't change until the end. Even though, all three come about throughout the game. I am not saying who Id is because I don't want to ruin that surprise.

Message Edited by DarkCloudLives on 02-12-200607:45 PM

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 2 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Feb 12, 2006
Hmm I think i have put around 670 hours into Xenogears?
Life = VideoGames + Anime + Computers + Japan

" Xenoholic "

Why don't you try putting pencil to paper and start using some real muscle for a change?!
Nihon Koku ustukushi Nisshoki forever!!!!!!
Message 3 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Feb 12, 2006
Darkcloud, I don't know why you posted that. Not only is that a huge spoiler (not a minor one like you discussed) but it has nothing to do with what he was talking about....
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Stormenmormon/post-23-1080529357.jpg
Message 4 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Feb 12, 2006

Namesake wrote:
Darkcloud, I don't know why you posted that. Not only is that a huge spoiler (not a minor one like you discussed) but it has nothing to do with what he was talking about....

It was not too big a spoiler for me.  I already figured such from playing the game.  Can't speak for anyone else though.

As far as having something to do with my comments, it fit because I discussed my frustration with Fei as a character.  His comments served to encourage me that Fei's character will potentially become more likeable since I really don't care for him now. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 5 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6314 posts

Feb 12, 2006

ahhh nice. You have some pretty good things that are going to happen really soon.

Good luck and remember. Where every you are in the game know this. It gets better and better lol

Message 6 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 13, 2006

Namesake wrote:

I said semi, not minor. Big difference. Second, two of what I talked about comes out pretty early on in the game and the third, even though I gave it a name, I said nothing about it. Also, I do understand that it could of been taken as a huge spoiler for what happens near the end of the game with Fei, but that is why I left the description of the third out of what I wrote.

As for nothing to do with what he was talking about....read Blaq's post about Fei again, try to comprehend it, then read my post and you will see that they are related. Most of what he said was positive about the game, I only commented on what he felt was a "whiny" Fei.

Also, just for you, I editted the original spoiler warning that I gave to denote a possible huge spoiler, go read.

I wish I had Xenogears here, so I could play it...Legendia and Wild Arms are great, but rely too heavily on the X button and the X button is semi-broken on my controller.

Message Edited by DarkCloudLives on 02-12-200607:46 PM

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (24 Views)
0 Likes