Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 27 2012
By: rollonequick Splicer 72 posts

ridge racer vita!

14 replies 518 views Edited Feb 27, 2012

i have been wating for an online multiplayer handheld ridge racer for a long time luckly my birthday was feb 22 so i had the excuse to get it. I knew it only had 3 tracks and 5 cars but the fact it was online really sold it to me. It plays and looks like rr7 and just as satisfying! i live in the uk but use my us psn account  and sadly the free goldpass For dlc only works with a uk account. and ther is no way to download the New cars and tracks for us accounts yet?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: ridge racer vita!

Feb 28, 2012

Just thought I would show how this game plays its exactly like Ridge Racer 7 which I am happy about! Sorry about the crap quality I used my IPOD Touch to record the video..

This is my Global Time Attack. 2nd place on highland cliffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsfBvQyHLwk

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I think with this video you're the first person on youtube to actually showcase some skill in this game...everything else I've seen so far ranges from terrible to average at best. Seriously, I can only imagine the people who played RR7 for years and now play the Vita one must be dominating online races so much it ain't even fun...

But why's everybody using Flex NOS? Isn't there a plug-in anymore to give you a full tank at the start of the race or what? It's hard to believe Flex suddenly got that fast and competitive compared to the other types.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Feb 28, 2012

There is no upgrade to give you a full tank. Instead there is one that gives you 1 1/2 tank when you get to the third lap. The online play is based on rankings so you try and race people at the samè level as you when you start out. You have to buy upgrades as you collect credits. So lower ranks won't have the best upgrades and the cars top speed is determined by what level you are!

Flex nos and hi nos are the best in this game Which I am very happy with because those were my favourite nitous charges in rr7 and rr3ds

I have not used normal u charge at a higher level but all the top time attacks are flex and hi. You can adjust all the cars to be mild or dynamic with a slider bar.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Great, so in other words UNOS is pretty much completely useless now since you'd have to rely on chance and outside influences to fill your first tank and get things running...I don't mind them adjusting stuff a bit to bring other nitrous types on an equal level, but it would've also worked if they simpy increased the overall topspeed for Flex to make it more useful instead of opting to nerf the most commonly used NOS type from RR7 by removing an essential plug-in for it

Yeah, I've seen the final lap charger plug-in previously...thought it was extremely stupid, but if there's no better alternative it's no wonder if it's being used.

Well, I shouldn't be too bothered honestly, personally I still think the game is a complete disaster both content and concept-wise...no plans picking it up anytime soon (or rather, at all) seeing what little they've delivered so far with it. Some good ideas like the teams and other adjustments to online play alone just don't do it for me if the rest is basically the very same we've already been playing for 6 years now...only way less of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Feb 29, 2012

I am happy it's the same. I still hope they release new tracks and new cars often though. I am so satisfied completly with this game that I will probably frame my rr6 and rr7 game discs and put them on the shelf only to look at but never play again.

It's a shame you won't be getting it RV the japan players are not very challenging anymore!

Ridge Racer 4 life!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Thanks for supporting demos sold at budget retail prices.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I'm sorry RollOne you know you're my dog and everything, and I'm grateful for the impressions and video, but WOW.....I seriously cannot believe you bought this game, bro!

Put simply, it is a complete RIPOFF and a RUSHJOB!! I was sooooooo excited and frothing at the mouth at the announcement of RR VITA and when I saw a glimpse of Highliand Cliffs I pretty much lost my shit! But then I was hit with the most COLOSSAL magnitude of bullshit news I'd ever read regarding a Ridge Racer game.....it only has FIVE cars and THREE tracks...with more coming later, that you have to PAY FOR!!!!!! Are you fuckking kidding me? That is absolutely disgusting!!!!

But the real REAL deal breaker for me, was the announcement that it only runs at 30fps. 30fps? For a Ridge Racer game? In 2012???? Have you lost your fucking mind SCAMCO???? 30fps is unthinkable in this day and age for a RR game!! What are you thinking releasing one the biggest VITA launch games in this condition?  First Unbounded now this. Don't get me wrong....I'm sure there are some redeeming qualities of RR Vita, but 3 tracks and 30fps is nothing short of CRIMINAL!! This is not 1995 this is 2012 for Kreiss sakes! They should know better than this.

RollOne, I'm glad you're enjoying the game bro I really am, but do yourself a favor when you get the chance....pick up Ridge Racer 2 for the original PSP, because *THAT* my friend, is the greatest Ridge Racer game on a handheld....BY FAR!!!!!!!!!! Seriously pick that game up man. It contains *ALL* tracks from Ridge Racer 1-4, as well as one track from RRV. Plus it has great music, and a superb single player compaign. RR2 PSP is handsdown one of the best RR games on ANY platform, handheld *or* console, and takes a giant flying dump all over that rush job known as RR Vita.

If RR Vita at least had online multiplayer in realtime, meaning true head to head races and Vita supported a 4G connection, then I'd take a serious look at it, and could (almost)forgive the 30fps and pitiful amount of content.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Mar 2, 2012

Hehe, Isamuu, your post contains pretty much everything I've been thinking about the game too, but wouldn't write as directly since I usually try real hard to hold myself back about it

The fps "issues" seem to be normal for Vita racers right now, I really wonder why ...would've expected the thing to be powerful enough to handle 60 fps without a problem. Even WipEout 2048 only runs at 30 fps. But at least that game features a good amount of actual new content and more action in general during races, so I'm more forgiving there.

Not sure if you know this little fact already, but aside from there being so few of them, all tracks released so far in RRVita are 100% recycled from RR7 on top of it. The base game has Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs, and Shouthbay Docks, the two DLC tracks currently available are Old Central and Sunset Heights. Amazing, right?

Oh, but four cars are new (three of which are DLC)! And all of them (except the SYNCi maybe) heavily resemble previous cars anyway.

Bamco really went all out in their efforts for this one Apparently even coming up with a new, individual NAME for it was too much already...luckily it's not confusing at all having yet another game being simply called "Ridge Racer".

Are you talking about the original? Or the first PSP one outside of Japan? Ah, no, the Vita one!

Out of curiosity rollonequick, since you mentioned the kinda lacking online competition atm, have you encountered any other familiar names from RR6/7 or former forum regulars in the game yet? You're the only one I know of so far...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Mar 6, 2012

The only friend of mine on vita is Benzie.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (518 Views)
0 Likes