Jul 15, 2009

yasdad wrote:

RV1985 wrote:

Cruiser62 wrote:

RV1985 wrote:

TReff wrote:

yasdad wrote:

ControlNode wrote:
Am I blind, or is there no mention of the TeamSpeak server?

:smileysurprised: Yeah, definitely worth adding the server details to the info, thanks Node

Thanks to T, Cruiser and RV for helping me out with getting some very interesting data on slipstreaming today. By far the most surprising find was that Slipstream Booster had absolutely NO EFFECT on top speeds while slipstreaming :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised: Possibly, there is an effect on acceleration (although I didn't perceive any) or the distance that slipstream will work from (too difficult to test).

Also, it made no difference which car you were following - Bass Cruiser or Wild Gang both provided the same slipstreaming benefits :smileysurprised:

I'll do some comparisons with non-slipstream top speeds and post the info very soon

Maybe its an accuracy issue?!!  Maybe regular slipstream is directly behind the car close up for full slipstream and for slipstream booster you don't have to be as accurate or as close?!!

Just a guess!!!  Weird though!!!

A good guess TReff, that's actually what I thought too. When we measured the speeds yesterday I noticed there are two different slipstream speeds: One when you're close behind a car (those are the topspeeds we wrote down) and another, slower speed when you just barely get any slipstream. That's a difference of about 5-10 mph. My theory for the SS Booster is, that it either gives you the best slipstream topspeed, no matter how far or close behind you are, or that it enhances the acceleration to topspeed when you're slipstreaming, like yasdad said...or maybe it's even a combination of both effects. The latter one would also explain why the Starnose specifically seems to be so much faster in slipstream, because it naturally has the best acceleration of all cars.

Lots of other interesting stuff yesterday...

- Starnose really rocks in slipstream

- Wild Gang has the same triple topspeed in slipstream as the EO (!!)

- Raggio (beside Monstrous) by far has the worst doubles and triples in the game, even in slipstream (Ultranova is faster! :smileyvery-happy:)

- slipstream topspeed even lasts for a second or two once you already passed the car in front of you

- Bayside Freeway has a short downhill section right before the tunnel that boosts you by 1 mph :smileytongue:

You forgot one interesting stuff, RV:

My beloved Meltfire really sucks like hell with hi-nos!!! :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, you're right, sorry! Forgot the HiNOS runs :smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Speaking of which, the Magnifico was (of the cars we tested with HiNOS yet) the only one that got up to 300 mph with triples

No, the little ol' Wild Gang got up to 303mph and I think without slipstream it was only 1mph lower than a slipstreaming Meltfire :smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy: I suspect the EO will be similar or better too..........

Oh ok, didn't hear that speed for Wild Gang when we used it there

Damn, what's up with the triple in that tiny egg!?!? :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

But a thing we noticed, the mild drifting types in general seem to have the best nitrous in the game, at least from doubles onwards.

Message 180 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

Re: The Unofficial Complete Guide to Ridge Racer 7

Jul 15, 2009

RV1985 wrote:

yasdad wrote:

RV1985 wrote:

Cruiser62 wrote:

RV1985 wrote:

TReff wrote:

yasdad wrote:

ControlNode wrote:
Am I blind, or is there no mention of the TeamSpeak server?

:smileysurprised: Yeah, definitely worth adding the server details to the info, thanks Node

Thanks to T, Cruiser and RV for helping me out with getting some very interesting data on slipstreaming today. By far the most surprising find was that Slipstream Booster had absolutely NO EFFECT on top speeds while slipstreaming :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised: Possibly, there is an effect on acceleration (although I didn't perceive any) or the distance that slipstream will work from (too difficult to test).

Also, it made no difference which car you were following - Bass Cruiser or Wild Gang both provided the same slipstreaming benefits :smileysurprised:

I'll do some comparisons with non-slipstream top speeds and post the info very soon

Maybe its an accuracy issue?!!  Maybe regular slipstream is directly behind the car close up for full slipstream and for slipstream booster you don't have to be as accurate or as close?!!

Just a guess!!!  Weird though!!!

A good guess TReff, that's actually what I thought too. When we measured the speeds yesterday I noticed there are two different slipstream speeds: One when you're close behind a car (those are the topspeeds we wrote down) and another, slower speed when you just barely get any slipstream. That's a difference of about 5-10 mph. My theory for the SS Booster is, that it either gives you the best slipstream topspeed, no matter how far or close behind you are, or that it enhances the acceleration to topspeed when you're slipstreaming, like yasdad said...or maybe it's even a combination of both effects. The latter one would also explain why the Starnose specifically seems to be so much faster in slipstream, because it naturally has the best acceleration of all cars.

Lots of other interesting stuff yesterday...

- Starnose really rocks in slipstream

- Wild Gang has the same triple topspeed in slipstream as the EO (!!)

- Raggio (beside Monstrous) by far has the worst doubles and triples in the game, even in slipstream (Ultranova is faster! :smileyvery-happy:)

- slipstream topspeed even lasts for a second or two once you already passed the car in front of you

- Bayside Freeway has a short downhill section right before the tunnel that boosts you by 1 mph :smileytongue:

You forgot one interesting stuff, RV:

My beloved Meltfire really sucks like hell with hi-nos!!! :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, you're right, sorry! Forgot the HiNOS runs :smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Speaking of which, the Magnifico was (of the cars we tested with HiNOS yet) the only one that got up to 300 mph with triples

No, the little ol' Wild Gang got up to 303mph and I think without slipstream it was only 1mph lower than a slipstreaming Meltfire :smileysurprised::smileyvery-happy: I suspect the EO will be similar or better too..........

Oh ok, didn't hear that speed for Wild Gang when we used it there

Damn, what's up with the triple in that tiny egg!?!? :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

But a thing we noticed, the mild drifting types in general seem to have the best nitrous in the game, at least from doubles onwards.

Yeah, it seems like Namco have tried to compensate for poorer NOS gain (compaired to Dynamics) with higher top speeds. Or I rather suspect they've lowered the double and triple speeds for the dynamics in an attempt to balance things a little.
I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one! :smileyvery-happy:
The unofficial complete guide to Ridge Racer 7 can be found here
For all things Hot Shots Golf, visit: www.hotshotsgolf.com
MBEB :smileyvery-happy:
Message 181 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2052 posts

Jul 15, 2009

krazydl wrote:

I was checking out more videos from youtube.

These Japanese guys are really getting into Starnose and RT+3. They are very fast but I don't think they are as fast as Jujak though. Most of them use MT and get a superfast start, but the way they race, definately Jujak can catch them up. (only takling about online battle. GTA is a different story. damn silent drift LOL)

Only reason they are that good with Starnose is teamwork. They just keep push each other and get more speed and nos.

So if we have to race with Starnose racers, make sure to get in between 2 Starnose racers.

Yeah!!!  Watch out for these rooms!!!  Fun and very challenging!!!

TReff Signature
Good Morning, Afternoon And Evening Everyone!!! XD
Message 182 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Aug 31, 2009
If anybody want to see videos on youtube on hillarious fast GTA's with dynamics. You should check out conti4x, Futurelocus (Locus online) and knhtymh (prob the fastestest cat1 dynamic driver out there). 
Stratfan
Message 183 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Aha! Found it. It just lost it's sticky status. Hint hint mods...

Message 185 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Jan 24, 2011

I saw "Featured Discussions" on top of GT5 forum.

I guess someone has to send PM to MOD to request?

Message 186 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

May 23, 2012

Hi Guys,

Just dropping by to spend a few moments in the club lounge - who decorated it by the way???

Anyway, I thought I'd re-upload the PDF for this as the original domain has been dead and buried for a loooong time. I've adjusted my signature too, but you can find the guide here now.

Sadly, the original post has lost all its images now and I don't think I'll ever be able to re-link them. And for some reason I can't edit the original first post (I can edit the second ) but the guide is still alive and kicking if anyone still wants to take a look.

Cheers

Message 187 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1200 posts

May 25, 2012

Yazzle Dazzle, so good to see your wife hasn't killed you yet!

Hope your all keeping ok

Drive it like you stole it!
Message 188 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 26, 2012

Ah, how nostalgic...

Message 189 of 189 (654 Views)
0 Likes