Fender Bender
3838 posts

Re: TEAMSPEAK IS YOUR ANSWER!!!

Jun 10, 2007

ControlNode wrote:
If you want to join you will need TeamSpeak. This is a voice chat software that you run on your computer (Window/Linux/Mac(beta)).  I'm hosting the server for us, so don't just give it out to others to talk on.

1. Click this link: http://nikt.zog.net.au/DRuG/tsquery/?address=screech.game-host.or
    g&port=12127
    (like the port number LOL)
  2. This will open a browser window that show the rooms and who's connected to the server.
  3. To Join (after TeamSpeak is installed), just enter a Nickname (I'd suggest your PSN ID) and click the Go button.
  4. If TeamSpeak was install properly on your computer you should now be connected.
As of now there is no password on the server, but if any problems come up you can bet I will add one.  I do have a couple basic rules: No cussing and keep it friendly.  Total disreguard of the rules can get you banned.

Here is how to setup teamspeak by node. Good luck!
Message 51 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Jun 10, 2007
SWEET!  I got it working..Is this just for tournaments?
"we're takin a car ride to hell, and you're ridin shotgun!"
Message 52 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Jun 10, 2007
No.
People hang out there all the time.
I get on once in a while, but it's a lot of fun, especially when you want to learn something about anything. LOL
Message 53 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Jun 10, 2007
thanks krazydl
"we're takin a car ride to hell, and you're ridin shotgun!"
Message 54 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Jun 30, 2007
Message 55 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

Jul 8, 2007
Just thought I'd give this a bump again, and to say this: when you're on TeamSpeak, remember it's reliant on your computer being switched on.

I can hear Jeff now "Oh, bye then" as yasdad suddenly disappeared Sorry guys, I didn't mean to run off like that. I actually wanted to check a website that was in my favorites, but the computer was logged into my wife's account, so I logged out...... suddenly everything went quiet The best part was then shutting the computer down and starting to say good night before I realised was was going on, and it's not even midnight yet

By the way, thanks for spectating with KakCAT and I, and yes, I can hear you Jeff
I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one! :smileyvery-happy:
The unofficial complete guide to Ridge Racer 7 can be found here
For all things Hot Shots Golf, visit: www.hotshotsgolf.com
MBEB :smileyvery-happy:
Message 56 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2044 posts

Jul 9, 2007
Thats exactly what i did to,it was like member left and i said ok see ya yasdad.

Photobucket
Message 57 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Jul 13, 2007
ok, after being moaned at by krazy and geogeo , I have download teamspeec beta 1 for the mac and followed the direction here from controlnode to logon...but nothing happens....
I get connot resovle host...

Also, I see tonight that xxavengerxx had issues on jingos teamspeak (now this further confuses me ??) are there two??? ...
PSN ID = PandaZer0 // 팀 한국 ☆ PandaZer0 // ☆グレゴリイ☆
Message 58 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Jul 13, 2007

greggorie wrote:
ok, after being moaned at by krazy and geogeo , I have download teamspeec beta 1 for the mac and followed the direction here from controlnode to logon...but nothing happens....
I get connot resovle host...

Also, I see tonight that xxavengerxx had issues on jingos teamspeak (now this further confuses me ??) are there two??? ...

I don't how this works. Hope node can help you out w/ this. There is only one teamspeak.
Message 59 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Jul 13, 2007
OK, that is not a problem the TS server, just the site that I was using to try and make it easier for people to connect.  I really need to find that code to host to run the TS query site from my own computer to prevent this problem.

Just open the TS client and find the connect option and enter screech.game-host.org:12127  in the server box and your PSN name in the nickname box, leave the username and password blank, select anonymous if it is an option and click go/connect or what ever you client shows.

Message Edited by ControlNode on 07-12-2007 09:47 PM

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Message 60 of 351 (262 Views)
0 Likes