Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: TEAMSPEAK IS YOUR ANSWER!!!

Apr 19, 2007
ControlNode...need your opinion...... do you think im going to los much bandwidth with PS3 online and teamspeak going.... I want to try it got the software setup , but i still need to run to Circut City and get a headset .... Im just worried about lag.... Thanks in advance ..... !

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Apr 20, 2007
thanks control for the info
psn- demoranville_kid , add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Apr 20, 2007

xX-AVENGER-Xx wrote:
ControlNode...need your opinion...... do you think im going to los much bandwidth with PS3 online and teamspeak going.... I want to try it got the software setup , but i still need to run to Circut City and get a headset .... Im just worried about lag.... Thanks in advance ..... !

Team Speak was designed to  run next to an online game. With me running the server  I have the most impact to performance.

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6269 posts

Apr 20, 2007

ControlNode wrote:

xX-AVENGER-Xx wrote:

Team Speak was designed to  run next to an online game. With me running the server  I have the most impact to performance.

Based on that... C'mon in and have a party with us!!!!!!!!

It is unbelievably cool!

PS: You get to kick me off the Teamspeak #1 old fart list!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Apr 20, 2007
I will try it later today , I have a pretty good connection now, going to get the headset , Ahhh , just like the 360, chat while racing  was always cool on it...
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Apr 20, 2007

xX-AVENGER-Xx wrote:
I will try it later today , I have a pretty good connection now, going to get the headset , Ahhh , just like the 360, chat while racing  was always cool on it...

Careful with that cross platform talk, we don't want the Mods thinking that TS talk leads to that type of talk and then banning all TS talk..  I should be home by 15:00EST if you need any help.

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Apr 20, 2007
Oops... yea the 360 sucks.... Maybe that will calm them down ...and save the thread...

Hey Should i get a USB headset or do i need to get one that plugs into the sound card.??.... Is that what you guys are using, ???  or does it need to plug into the soundcard ????????? 

Please help because i want to pick one up on the way home from work.....

Message Edited by xX-AVENGER-Xx on 04-20-2007 10:57 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14203 posts

Apr 20, 2007

ControlNode wrote:

xX-AVENGER-Xx wrote:
Oops... yea the 360 sucks.... Maybe that will calm them down ...and save the thread...

Hey Should i get a USB headset or do i need to get one that plugs into the sound card.??.... Is that what you guys are using, ???  or does it need to plug into the soundcard ????????? 

Please help because i want to pick one up on the way home from work.....

Message Edited by xX-AVENGER-Xx on 04-20-2007 10:57 AM

It is really up to you.  If there is the chance that someone will want to use the computer while you are gaming as happens at many of the members' houses I'd highly recommend a USB one as you can setup the sound from the computer to go to the speakers as normal while having all the TS audio go to the headset.  I'm going to get a new headset this weekend before my trip to NV and plan on getting one of the headset kits that can be used with the onboard audio or the included USB adapter.

I wasn't aware of this. I let my 9 year old play on ClubPenguin.com all the time so i can't always use the PC. Now I can. Gotta try this out when i get back from Merced.
Thanks ControlNode!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Apr 20, 2007
Thanks ControlNode... I will get the USB probably ..... Hope to be chatting later tonight.....
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2044 posts

Apr 20, 2007
No cussing.........
Hey geo its a good thing control logged off last night when he did,man we would never be allowed back on TS again.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 351 (296 Views)
0 Likes