Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 01 2010
By: RV1985 I Only Post Everything 1223 posts

Ridge Variety Challenge Tournament

82 replies 386 views Edited Jun 1, 2010

Well, here's my attempt to maybe get the boards a little bit more active again...by doing a new type of tournament. So here's the suggestion for the first RVCT (yeah, I know what I did there with the dumb name, sorry :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:)

Basically, it's similar to the classic weekly challenges we did, but as a tournament where every race has a certain twist to it, may it be a certain NOS type, preset car, or other settings you normally wouldn't see in an everyday online race.

For the time being, this tourney is more of a proposal to see how much interest it gets, if the number of sign-ups is too low I won't be doing it at all. I'm hoping for at least 10 players, preferably more if there should be some last minute dropouts.

I also hope to get some of the currently less active former players and Gnosis members to join, so...COME ON!!! :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

Date:

May 29th 2010

The room will be opened at around 2:00pm EST/ 8:00 CET

The actual tournament will start at 3:00pm EST/ 9:00 CET

General Rules:

- Default room settings are: Standard Race, Category 1, 3 laps, Plug-Ins on, Dead Heat off, OBP off, Nitrous not specified, no blocking. This applies for every race, unless the rules for the specific round suggest otherwise.

- Usually every race will have one or more limitation(-s) which have to be followed (preset by the host if possible).

If the rule states no limitations, you're free to pick whatever you want in this race - car, nitrous (even RNOS), plug-in, etc.

- The use of Special Machines (Ultranova, 490B, etc.) is allowed as long as their nitrous type and/or other characteristics fit the rules of the specific race.

- Points are awarded for every race depending on the position to determine the overall winner:

1st - 10pts | 2nd - 8pts | 3rd - 6pts | 4th - 5pts | 5th - 4pts | 6th - 3pts | 7th - 2pts | 8th - 1pt | 9th-14th - 0pts

A DNF, no matter if it's by time out or leaving the race, will automatically count as 0pts.

- TeamSpeak would be a big help to organize the races (and have more fun :smileyvery-happy:), so its use is strongly encouraged. If TS isn't possible, please have the Race List for the tournament available to look at while playing so you always know what to do when. As a last resort, I'd send out PMs before each race, but that should only be the last possible solution.

Sounds more complicated then it'll probably be in the end, just putting up everything in detail

Ok, and now for the most important thing:

RVCT #1 Race List:

Race 1
Seaside Route 765
UNOS

Race 2
Old Central
Cat.2 Raggio Complete Machine

Race 3
Mist Falls
Flex NOS

Race 4
Shadow Caves
Jujak

Race 5
Airport Lap
Standard/Mild drift type only

Race 6
Laketop Parkway
Cat.3

Race 7
Highland Cliffs
Hi-NOS

Race 8
Island Circle
no limitations

Race 9
Midtown Parkway
no limitations

Race 10
Lost Ruins R
Ultranova

Race 11
Southbay Docks R
Prophetie

Race 12
Downtown Rave City R
Extended NOS no Terrajin

Race 13
Sunset Heights R
Bass Cruiser

Race 14
Crossbay Tunnel R
RNOS

Race 15
Aviator Loop
No NOS

Race 16
Rave City Riverfront R
Dynamic drift type only

Race 17
Bayside Freeway
Cat.4 Wild Gang Unlimited NOS no Plug-Ins

+1 Bonus Race for video purposes

Sign-ups:

1.) RV1985

2.) Cruiser62 (Room Host, thanks a bunch :smileyhappy:)

3.) TReff

4.) Ciniak16 (PSN: IanBastein)

5.) yasdad

6.) Betty67

7.) BlitzAce1981

8.) smeekesresidence (PSN: HaveFunTogether)

9.) hatzel123

10.) SHY4U (maybe)

11.) cyrneo

12.) PROXIMA

13.)

14.)

Ok folks, the rest is up to you

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2052 posts

Re: Ridge Variety Challenge Tournament

May 3, 2010

I'm in as long as I have my PS3 is fixed by then!!!

TReff Signature
Good Morning, Afternoon And Evening Everyone!!! XD
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1445 posts

May 4, 2010

I`m in and it sounds like a bunch of fun! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Oh, I forgot: I will suck as hell with R-Nos and Hi-Nos (and Extended-Nos and Flex-Nos). :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

I`m in TS like always, so it should not be a problem to set the room, RV!

See you online! :smileywink:
Cruiser62

Member Cruiser62

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

May 4, 2010

phew, i'm glad i still check the forums!!

Of course i'm in , the more tourney's the better xD

and rv, its a nice name^^ don't worry lol, and nice time too , now my parents wont freak out when they see me playing at 2 am at night lol.

and if possible, i can ask some of my friends who never check these forums o.O into the tourney, i know some nice people and then they get to know this great community here on ts and the forums

Signature

My newest Signature^^
im not advanced, but got a request? just give me the pics
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

May 4, 2010

Depending on time, I'll add my name o the list It'll give me a good reason to break out the disk and have a little practice again

I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one! :smileyvery-happy:
The unofficial complete guide to Ridge Racer 7 can be found here
For all things Hot Shots Golf, visit: www.hotshotsgolf.com
MBEB :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

May 4, 2010
hey rv sorry but i can't the tourney its to many nos races and nos its boring 4 me . you know - pippi no - nos only - :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 83 (386 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

May 4, 2010

pippi and yasdad, if u don't enter i'll chop ur heads off o.O

and pippi, nos races are really fun u know, and in tourney's its with friends and nice people xD, just learn nos a little, i think everybody would want to help u out

yasdad, please join in it'll be really fun, especially with u in the tourney

Signature

My newest Signature^^
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

May 4, 2010
no
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 83 (386 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

May 4, 2010

awwww why not?? you make me sad T.T nos pwns no nos

Signature

My newest Signature^^
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 4, 2010

No chance Ian, Pippi is a convinced No NOSser, so if he already made up his mind on this it's too late :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

But maybe if we can get someone to post (hint hint :smileytongue:) another Ladies vs. Gents tournament which had aslo been in the talks, that would be something to consider

Great to have you on board too yasdad

That's why I've given out the list in the first place, so everyone has the chance to practice

Maybe I'll make posts over the next couple days where I give some thoughts on each race (yes, there actually IS some amount of thought behind most of the races :smileytongue:)

Don't worry TReff, I doubt it will be held too soo, so there should be enough time until you get a new PS3/the old one repaired. Right now I'll wait at least one more week just to see how many others might sign-up, since I doubt everyone is checking here daily

Oh, and I can't make any promises, but I'll see if I can organize any means of recording the whole thing...we'll see

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 83 (386 Views)
0 Likes