Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1176 posts

Re: Ridge Racer 8

Feb 4, 2011

hey Krazy what's up- glad you are still here in the RR7 board, hmm yeah I saw this too this morning- I was really excited but quickly lost steam after seeing the trailer. I don't like the direction where it is going, I really think RR7 is really good game already and a couple more tweaks and It'll the best Ridge Racer game ever. Since RR- Unbounded is not out yet so- I'll wait when the games is out just to be fair.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3212 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Nice find there Krazy ! Yeah I agree GT5 is getting a bit boring though I will hang on until 1.06 at least.

Ridge Racer Unbounded by Bugbear. They were the guys that did FlatOut on the PSP. It could have been a much better game than it turned out but the car handling was awful. If they can get heads around the PS3 platform then it could be a lot of fun. I just hope they focus on the racing and not the gimmicks like combining stunt driving with the likes of (US) football, athletics, and bobsleigh - anyone who has played Flatout will know what I mean. I am going to struggle with the idea of a non-Japanese developed RR but if it keeps the franchise alive and maybe refreshed then bring it on.

tvrman

'I can't see a thing in the video, I can't hear a sound on the radio, in stereo in the static age'
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3838 posts

Feb 4, 2011

What'up euc and tvrman! I saw you, tvrman in gt5 forum sometimes.

I check here once a day at least. It's got real quiet here.

It will be release in 2012 but I don't think it's gonna have same style as usual RR series. Let's just hope for the best.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Feb 5, 2011

So we all need to give this game a fair go, but if it is shit can we please have a RR7 reunion as a show of protest for  couple months at least, I'm game.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3212 posts

Feb 5, 2011

krazydl wrote:

What'up euc and tvrman! I saw you, tvrman in gt5 forum sometimes.

I check here once a day at least. It's got real quiet here.

It will be release in 2012 but I don't think it's gonna have same style as usual RR series. Let's just hope for the best.

I have just seen the trailer and it looks that way.   I wonder what the reasoning is behind Namco's decision to take the game in this direction ?

Oh well, at least by 2012 there is a chance I may reach Aspec level 40 .

best to all the RR7 crew.

tvrman

'I can't see a thing in the video, I can't hear a sound on the radio, in stereo in the static age'
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 5, 2011

I am....

I...........am....

I am just......... scratching my head over here in

COMPLETE

bewilderment. Not sure what to make of this guys, I'm  really not.

On one hand, the fact that 1st RR game to grace the PC would normally have had me doing backflips down Hollywood Blvd.

****But****....farming out my favorite racing franchise to a European  developer and then implementing "Burnout-ish" gameplay is  ummm......yeah.

I am  FORCING myself to think only of the bright side, and the  fact that I will be able to play a new RR game with my FFB wheel, due to  it being on the PC. That is unquestionably fantastic news!

But.....if...*IF* this game really is going to be focused on vehicle combat in an open world setting, then yes, Namco will be utterly fucking

DEAD to me from now on!!!!!!! I may as far as to do something drastic that I won't even mention here!

But alas gentlemen, lets all take a deep breath, and refrain from jumping to too many conclusions. It  *IS* afterall, only a trailer, and we don't know what the graphics or the  gameplay is really going to be like, other than *MAYBE* a hint of  Burnout gameplay.

Let's wait a see what the next few days bring.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Wtf?!

OK, as much as I like the announcement of a new RR game on a big console (finally) and the idea of Bamco trying something new with the franchise...but this isn't exactly what I was expecting.

I was a bit sceptical already a couple days ago when I saw the new gameplay footage for the upcoming 3DS title, which kinda reminded me more of Segas Daytona USA than Ridge Racer, but compared to having a combat focused action racer, that wasn't too bad honestly. They couldn't stray farther away from the charm and style the series originally stands for if they tried. I go and play a game like Burnout or Twisted Metal if I want something like this...

It's funny, just when I thought the only chance for the next RR would be on the NGP, this suddenly pops up

Oh well...gonna try to be open about it and see where this leads to (if anywhere) before I pass a real judgement, but I have a bad feeling about this (kinda reminds me of when EA wanted to make NFS "cooler" with Underground, which resulted in me losing most interest I had in that franchise).

To sum it up:

New Ridge Racer on PS3? YEAH!! Ridge Racer Unbounded? Meh, I dunno...........

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3830 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Disappointing! If I want to race a destruction derby I won't take a Ridge Racer CD. What they showed is just a demolition game... that is NOT the culture of Ridge Racer. Sorry Bandai... nothing for me. That trailer is pure frustration...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Some secret society has decided to kill off all of the decent games in the world and banish the word originality. Namcos lineup in the last 3 years is looking like utter shit. This ridge racer could be a spin off like RRacing Revolution but atleast that game had real appeal. Why the heck would they let the flatout crew develop ridge racer thats what i dont understand.

Its like these long standing corporations dont care about name brand or originality anymore as long as thier pumping games out thier ass. I liked Ridge Racer on the PSP but it upsets me to see them deliberately pick handheld (3ds,iphone, psp ect) consoles because thier quicker to develop crap games on with the same engine.

Namco is losing my intrest every year all i want is a traditional but improved Ace Combat and Ridge Racer on the PS3 on a consistent basis.

Atleast dynasty warriors 7 looks good for once i have one game to look forward to this year.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Remember this old thread?

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2988111

Lots and lots of good ideas the community here had for a potential sequel to improve the series and experience (and those are the people who played the games to death). It was even posted on Bamcos official forums back then, one look would've been enough to find many great additions the fanbase wanted to see in the established formula.

What are they doing instead? They just look at the sales of other popular racing games and think:

Employee A: "Oh wow, that demolition racer stuff like Burnout is real hot with the kids these days!"

Employee B: "Hey, throw in some sorta NFS:U setting as well, that was also HUGE a few years back"

Employee A: "But we're not very good with these western looking type of games 'n stuff..."

Employee B: "Hm, right...oh I know, let's just outsource it to some random European developer team!"

Employee A: "Deal, great justice and success guaranteed!!!"

Really?

Problem is, that's just NOT what I want a RR game to be like. The games always presented themselves in a slick and stylish manner, and I liked them for that, plus they were fun and all about the racing aspect, not demolishing your opponents. Heck, there's a REASON so many people, even today, say Type 4 was their favorite entry, why not take some hints from that??

Also makes me kinda wonder how the japanese fanbase reacted to the announcement, I guess they must be even more upset about this change in direction than us folks.

The more I think about this matter the angrier I get so I rather stop now, and all that after just one lousy 1:30min trailer...oh boy...

Soooo, we've got Ridge Racer 3D (aka "Mattel presents: Hot Wheels Hot Rod Nitro Racer") and Ridge Racer-"In-Your-Damn-Faces"-Unbounded coming up. Hooray

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes