Treasure Hunter
6269 posts

Re: An UNOFFICIAL Ridge Racer 8 Wish List

May 13, 2007

Number1King wrote:
You know what I wish... OHHH THIS IS GREAT!!! I wish that the ID's would have a persons favorite car, setup, best racing buddy, top rival, fastest racer you've raced so far and all of this in 3D (Home network pictures, the friends, etc.) with each subject having at least a paragraph on this info!!!! I also wish that NamcoBandai would keep an eye on the online Battle community and watch to see who's some of the best racers. Like the top 100 best racers they have seen so far and each month they personally give out exclusive tournament handouts to the top racers that they have seen so far and have an Arcade machine division and a Player machine division. One on One Duel and they would personally give out special exclusive prizes to the 1st place winners in both divisions and 2nd/3rd place also receive prizes as well, like 1st place could receive a NamcoBandai special Sun Roof on their car and have some party teens screaming out the sun roof... And much, much more LOL!!!! And the winner would also receive a special trophy in their stats section, next to the stars and each time you win a tournament you also get better prizes from NamcoBandai like plugin prizes and for someone who's won or came in 2nd 3 or more tournaments in a row would have the option to receive a special plugin or instantly rank to the desired level and if you're already at that desired level you would get better prizes instead. And it would be great if NamcoBandai would give out tickets to everyone who wanted to watch the tournament, they would have this big screen in a big dome and you could actually see the crowd (the Home network characters you create would be in the crowd) and it would be worldwide (of course) in the RR community. As the tournament racers are racing they can hear the crowd/fans rooting for who they want to win, using a headset, everyone could hear each other in the crowd, and some people could get mad if purin or whoever got accidentally rammed into a wall by the other racer and say stuff like(watch language) that was bull*bleep* he rammed purin man, didn't you see it!!! And if you intentionally ram people in the wall repeatedly you would be disqualified, and the fans would be mad at you for rammming their Idol racer(Namco could bleep it out, but you would have to calm the dirty language down) LOL!!! I could see it now, while racing, INO, Gatorade, Bassman, def111, purin, Vage82, ereki, ky777 and the other top racers could hear the crowd rooting for them in all kinds of languages LOL!!!  And after the winners in the divisions have been decided, and when they are about to give out prizes/medals/trophies everyone would be screaming out someone's name, like INO,INO,INO or def,def,def!!!!!!!! That would be great...

logo: ^-^v

Message Edited by Number1King on 05-13-2007 01:29 PM

i would send them a bag of Jax brand cheese curls. They are gold in color and taste better than metal.

CRACK-ON!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

May 14, 2007
can we have rr8 with 2d graphics?
PSN ID : Niigaki
playing Initial D Extreme Stage
trying to play SCIV with the horrible online system
waiting on SF4, Tekken 6 and Capcom's new crossover game to hit the states.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6809 posts

Jun 28, 2007
Wow euclidius, you've really put some thought into this. I like your ideas. Let's hope a Namco rep reads this forum and picks up on some things for the next release. There's plenty of things for Namco to think about for RR8 - especially for the online play - a lot of it would be quite simple to implement.

Come on Namco, for RR8, take a look at the ideas in this thread and make a superb game into a fantastic game
I love kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one! :smileyvery-happy:
The unofficial complete guide to Ridge Racer 7 can be found here
For all things Hot Shots Golf, visit: www.hotshotsgolf.com
MBEB :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1766 posts

Jun 28, 2007
this may sound far fetched  but i would like to see a replay & possible ability to save replay from on line battles!! that would be mint especially in some of the stacked player rooms.....then we could really check the  diff styles & techniques out!!! Thats it , not much to ask !  
Monster Sig
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6199 posts

Jun 28, 2007

euclidius wrote:

* ability to purchase, sell or trade cars from other players (Ridger Racer credit points )

* Country ranking system- rankings that can also be access by country category only.

* Team Player mode- besides the single player mode- there would be another option where a player can start a team start to enlist the desired racers- this option will allow the team to customize the look of the team, from logo to the car's mechanical set ups- it will also automatically syncronize the new member's car design according to the team's data.

* Team OBP ultimate battles- this is where teams battle it out for Online Battle Points as a whole- all the team member's OBPs are put together to match up against the other team's OBP during heated team online battles- each team member are rewarded according to the default OBP rule depending of the team's success on a race - ofcourse this will open up a new ranking category- World Team Ranking!

* Hidden Racing Courses- having real-state racing tracks that can be bought by a team or a single player but I think the price is so high that it would take an entire team to buy a particular track using RR credits- the track can be customized by putting the team's logo on bilboards on the tracks- customizable video content on those huge TV displays ( like the one at Old Central building ) - hmm? maybe customize weather conditions- raining? sunny or nightime. These additional tracks are hidden aside from the already available ones.

* Player Ultimate Content option- this will allow players to create or modify engine parts, car designs, design new tracks or organize racing track rules- or organize racing challenges and events- just like the downloadable UFRA challenges - all content can be downloaded or purchased or traded which are made available to all Ridge Racer players- perhaps players can start their own manufacturer name - or start a new car company that rivals the great names like Soldat- Assoluto and among the other greats - or become a great Ridge Racer Mechanic/Racer- this option is probably best if it was unlocked according to the player's progress on his/her skill or ranking

* Virtual Forum ( 3D )- like playstation's HOME but this area is specifically designed for Ridge Racer players- ( probably integrated to Sony's Home ) This is an area where players can walk around and see other players -for a meeting, or for trading cars- perhaps catch the newest premiere new car manufacturer concepts that are being displayed on a virtual building ( Soldat- Old Age- Assoluto or Player Designers ) - this also an area for all the legends of ridge racer are shown- throphies can be displayed -selected top racing videos will be shown on this area also created by racers or daily top racing videos of that day - or show upcomming Racing Events players made or Namco's events and ofcourse this virtual area is also a track - where people can walk around and spectate real time races.

* URFA team events- this is a small thing- but I think it would great if a bunch of your friends or teamates get together to battle it out on bunch of A.I. cars :smileytongue: - and the objective is beat the A.I.s as a team! guessing you can access the URFA event through OBP rooms also- guessing a " URFA event only? Smily face " statement is in order.

* Annual Ranking Competetion- players can enter racing events that are designed according on Rankings only- 4 stars racer events- 5 star racing event - 6 star racing event - that leads to challenging the current highest rank holder- the R rank!- Close to Number1King's idea :]

and you don't consider yourself legendary ?

Looking at your list I'd say you're already looking at possibilities for RR9
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1176 posts

Jun 28, 2007

yasdad wrote:
Wow euclidius, you've really put some thought into this. I like your ideas. Let's hope a Namco rep reads this forum and picks up on some things for the next release. There's plenty of things for Namco to think about for RR8 - especially for the online play - a lot of it would be quite simple to implement.

Come on Namco, for RR8, take a look at the ideas in this thread and make a superb game into a fantastic game

thanks yasdad, I had these ideas for quite some time now-  thoughts that are going in and out on my mind between online battle loading times- I was actually thinking sending these ideas to the Ridge Racer mother land- Namco- but after seeing Serious, StevenSq and others have already done so and getting no response back - I figured these thread is the next best thing for my own contribution - I just hope the Ridge Racer Team has excellent ear for fans like us

Serious Black wrote:
and you don't consider yourself legendary ?

Looking at your list I'd say you're already looking at possibilities for RR9

maan I'm always flattered when you say legendary to me Serious thanks Serious- I really think these ideas are possible- just in time and money- probably some are already in thier thoughts- after seeing all those teams online- that should be an obvious choice for them to make- but hey Serious- thanks for starting this thread man- I think more racers in this board should be encourage to put their ideas in this thread

hey Aviles, I think that idea is really possible! having  replay video content accessable and saved by players in Online Battles- I've seened it done on the new Halo 3 demo video- well it was probably a presentation video- hey if they can do it- I don't why Sony can't do it or Namco >:]

Message Edited by euclidius on 06-28-2007 10:13 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1176 posts

Jun 28, 2007

* ability to purchase, sell or trade cars from other players (Ridger Racer credit points )

* Country ranking system- rankings that can also be access by country category only.

* Team Player mode- besides the single player mode- there would be another option where a player can start a team to enlist the desired racers- this option will allow the team to customize the look of the team, from logo to the car's mechanical set ups- it will also automatically syncronize the team's data to a newly joined player or have the player contribute according to his/her achivements to the team. All achievement are all shared and added to the team's data roster- for example, newly acquired race tracks, sound tracks, hidden super concept cars- can now be accessed by the new team member - or vice versa.

* Team OBP Ultimate Battles- this is where teams battle it out for the Online Battle Points as a whole- all the team member's OBPs are put together to match up against the other team's OBP during heated team online battles- each team member are rewarded according to the default OBP rule depending of the team's success rate on a race - ofcourse this will open up a new ranking category- World Team Ranking!

* International Team Events- like the Team battle- this category is different in one area only- you are racing for your country for the trophy - probably this option should be a sub-option for the Team Player mode.

* Hidden Racing Courses- having real-state racing tracks that can be bought by a team or a single player but I think the price is so high that it would take an entire team to buy a particular track using RR credits- the track can be customized by putting the team's logo on bilboards on the tracks- customizable video uploadedable content on those huge TV displays ( like the one at Old Central building and the one Downtown Rave City at the beggining of the racing track ) - hmm? maybe adjustable weather conditions- raining? sunny or nightime which greatly effects racing conditions. These additional tracks are hidden aside from the already available ones and will be unlocked depending of the player's progress into the game.

* Player Ultimate Content option- this will allow players to create or modify engine parts, car designs, design new tracks, plug-ins or organize racing track rules- or organize racing challenges and events- just like the downloadable UFRA challenges. All content can be downloaded or purchased or traded which are made available to all Ridge Racer players- perhaps players can start their own manufacturer name - or start a new car company that rivals the great names like Soldat- Assoluto and among the other greats - or become a great Ridge Racer Mechanic/Racer- this option is probably best if it was unlocked according to the player's progress on his/her skill or ranking. This option will also give birth to new Manufacturer events just like in Ridge Racer 7 but the manufacturers are all player created content- which gives players a chance to race for their favorite Player created Manufacturer. ( some of the ideas here are already have been suggested on the Sony RR7 Forum )

* Virtual Forum ( 3D )- like playstation's HOME but this area is specifically designed for Ridge Racer players- ( probably integrated to Sony's Home ) This is an area where players can walk around and see other players -for a meeting, or for trading cars- perhaps catch the newest premiere new car manufacturer concepts that are being displayed on a virtual building ( Soldat- Old Age- Assoluto or Player Designers ) - this is also an area for all the legends of ridge racer are shown- trophies can be displayed -selected top racing videos will be shown created by racers perhaps videos promoting their team or daily top racing videos of that day - or post upcomming Racing Events players made or Namco's events and ofcourse this virtual area is also a track - where people can walk around and spectate real time races.

* UFRA team events- this is a small thing- but I think it would be great if a bunch of your friends or teamates get together to battle it out on bunch of A.I. cars :smileytongue: - or download an apposing Team Time Attack Ghost Datas and the objective is beat the A.I.s as a team! you can also access the UFRA event through OBP rooms also- guessing a " UFRA event only? Smily face " statement is in order.

* Annual Ranking Competetion- players can enter racing events that are designed according on Rankings only- 4 stars racer events- 5 star racing event - 6 star racing event - that leads to challenging the current highest rank holder- the R rank! ( this idea is very close to Number1king's idea )

* Hidden Super Cars, Hidden Super Tracks, Hidden Super Plug-ins, Hidden ****** - items that are trully hidden in the world of Ridge Racer which are prize as high as the R title or probably surpass it's value. Item's that are so rare they are deemed priceless- meaning that it can't be bought or sold - and given the degree of these items- they can only be acquired thru special conditions- godly skill- faith or just simple as luck or ?????? - given that these items are next to almost impossible to attain - some these super items would probably appear on a certain time or accurances. These items which will diffinitely earn you a special place in the Ridge Racer world. Like all special items - they are all balanced in to the game according to the certain extreme conditions - so this would not give a certain player or a team an unfair advantage- these items will only force players to elevate themselves to a even higher undiscovered level- a level that will give the true meaning to a word Extremely Difficult- which makes you trully the real Ridge Racer! and these super times are not going to be mentioned to any strategy book or guide they are all left in there for players to discovered and to be solved - ofcourse these super items are just an option the choice is yours!

* I'll be editing this post more periodically everytime I have a new idea to contribute, thanks for opening this thread Serious 

Message Edited by euclidius on 06-28-2007 10:51 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 1, 2007
1.All courses the series had so far
2.All the car companies the series had so far
3.No Online Chat Fixed Phrases
--Add a Language translator
4.Online Chat
5.All the special Cars the series had so far
6.All cars are customizable
7.Choosing as many laps as you want (up to 20)
8.Animate the Driver
9.Turn on the motion sensor in the start menu
10.No upgrades needed to play.
11.Also Upload rank info to PSN in a second

It may be a big list. But its worth it.

Message Edited by psxMAX on 06-30-2007 10:15 PM
PS3 LOVah
^^^If your a proud PS3 owner! Wear it!^^^

PSN: PSX_WORLD
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 1, 2007
Camera option for a blimps eye view of the entire track during replay   (with an occasional shot of the blimp while racing)-- wouldnt it be cool to watch your replay of the entire track and all the cars from a sky camera on a blimp ?

exportable replays (to mp4 or something)... maybe that's possible already.

invisible roadside force field taken off -- so that when you fly past the corner in the air you don't just bounce off some invisible wall back onto the track

free roam (with the option to go cow tipping)

online battle not so herky jerky half the time (smoother, I guess you could say)

more online chat fixed phrases... such as:
who's your daddy?
what's up?
That was my worst race ever!
alrighty then.
if I win this is my last race.
If I lose this is my last race.
This is your last race.
Are you male or female?
You want a piece-a-this?
no problem.  (instead of "don't worry")
and finally:  "I don't speak japanese"

Oh.... and animated icons

Message Edited by rjhjp on 07-01-2007 03:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 181 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1176 posts

Jul 1, 2007

rjhjp wrote:
Camera option for a blimps eye view of the entire track during replay   (with an occasional shot of the blimp while racing)-- wouldnt it be cool to watch your replay of the entire track and all the cars from a sky camera on a blimp ?

exportable replays (to mp4 or something)... maybe that's possible already.

invisible roadside force field taken off -- so that when you fly past the corner in the air you don't just bounce off some invisible wall back onto the track

free roam (with the option to go cow tipping)

online battle not so herky jerky half the time (smoother, I guess you could say)

more online chat fixed phrases... such as:
who's your daddy?
what's up?
That was my worst race ever!
alrighty then.
if I win this is my last race.
If I lose this is my last race.
This is your last race.
Are you male or female?
You want a piece-a-this?
no problem.  (instead of "don't worry")
and finally:  "I don't speak japanese"