Highlighted
Feb 21 2009
By: xFuUmAxMoNoUx Lombax Warrior 227 posts

What Was Your Best Game on Competitive?

3 replies 3 views Edited Feb 21, 2009

Let's make it at little more interesting also, the game has to of had more than 20 players.  I only say that because it is very easy to rack up insane scores on 5 on 5 to 10 on 10 games (that is where I got my medal for 20 kills without dying).  Also, we aren't talking about just kills, because it is easy to rack up tons of kills if you just run into enemy lines and shoot and chuck grenades and 40mm rounds out with the occassional LAARK or Pulse Cannon.  We're talking kill to death in one game.

The best single game I had was last night and it was 15 on 15.  I ended up going 40 and 7, so a +33 kill to death.  A handful of those kills were with Hedgehog Grenades, a handful of those kills were with Overload (I didn't get the chance to run into a group of 5 or more people at once for massive kills), there were a few melee kills, maybe a kill or two with the Magnum in tight situations, and about 3-4 of those kills were with a Fareye (because someone next to me died and people were sitting up on the ledge trying to snipe us) but the majority of those kills (probaby around 30 of them) were with the Wraith.

That's right, no lucky pick ups of secondary Carbine to insta-kill 2-3 people in small clusters.  No Bullseye tagging then hiding around something while you kill them.  No no-risk 3-5 kills with a LAARK or Pulse Cannon.  I was up close pretty much the whole time (since you can't hit anything far away with the Wraith).  I thought that was pretty darn good because I didn't have all those insta-kill 2-5 people things (except Overload which the most I got at any one time was 3 people that game, even then you have to get very close and if they kill you before you explode it counts as a death so it is high risk) and I had a weapon with warm up time (which can make or break you when you use the Wraith) and had to be close instead of weapons like the Carbine that are great at all ranges with high mobility, and people were even shooting at me a whole lot (it wasn't like they were always paying attention to other people).  To top it all off, half of the other team was a clan, which not every clan is good, but that means they are at least on the same page with constant contact when my team wasn't at all.

What sucks was that I was at my friend's house and I was the secondary player on his, so none of that went towards anyone's actual record.

I'm curious of who all has done better than +33 in one game and I just wonder if there was anyone who did do that well without a Carbine, Bullseye, Pulse Cannon, LAARK (however, if you did use those feel free post because there are no actual restrictions and I don't think less of anyone for using them).

Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

Re: What Was Your Best Game on Competitive?

Feb 22, 2009
Wow. I can't match your score. The best I probably had so far was going 31 and 7-9? deaths in a 28 player game once. I was most using the fareye most of the time and it was the conversion center I think. I had to stay stay behind teammates and try racking up those kills. Usually I use the carbine but I've aquired a taste for the fareye recently cause it's just so fun to use.
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
505 posts

Feb 23, 2009
A Skirmish match I went 61 kills and around 15 to 20 deaths using the carbine.  The worst part was my team still lost.  We had quite a few players from my side drop fairly early so there was plenty of targets to be had.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Feb 23, 2009

once i was playing in an unranked team deathmatch at chicago with about 40 ppl and got about 110 kills and 60 deaths cuz the games score limit was like 1000

i didnt use the pulse cannon or LAARK cuz i didnt have them at the time and i was mostly using the carbine, some kills were from the secondary fire though

Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes