Treasure Hunter
6612 posts

Re: Theory Of Chimera's Origin (Dont know if its been mentioned)

Feb 25, 2009

No. The chimera, when still the main players millions of years ago, created a virus that was made specifically to attack and alter the human genome. This means the humans (more or less) as we know them. It does not mean bacteria or viruses. The "Gray race", a yet to be further explained race, is whom the chimera were fighting, and most likely who caused their demise. The chimera used their virus as an "I'll be back" plan, unleashing it on the human population many ages later.

How they knew the human race would become the dominant species is what I want to know. Here's to hoping R3 will expand on the events taking place with the original chimera on earth.

Also, that is an interesting theory Fichero, I just don't think it applies to the origin stories within the Resistance universe.

Message 11 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
32681 posts

Feb 25, 2009

Fichero wrote:

*Note*: None of the above has anything to do with "The theory of the chimera's origin."

That's all you needed to say.  I thought otherwise.

Message 12 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Feb 26, 2009
Theres no way the ancestor of humanity was bacteria 65 million years ago. They would still be bacteria. The ancestors of humans were tiny tree dwelling mammals when the asteroid hit and the extinction of the dinosaurs allowed them to evolve to inhabit a now uninhabited niche.
Message 13 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Feb 26, 2009
yes but how did the mammals get there? That's his point. And who's to say the chimera didn't come to earth on a life-sustaining asteroid as well? At the God guy.. you can have your opinions, and I say man wasn't created like we were and evolution occured
Message 14 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 26, 2009
thats rite were taking this the resistance and scientific way
11-Mar-53

I’ve been lying here For aLmost thrEe hours. rEmembering The lAst Time we were together. IT was outside DAn's Diner, during the first thunderstorm of the season. You stood in the rain, Crying and you asKed me an IMportant question. The question of why. Why a Man would joIN a causE with no hope for victory. Why a maN would abandon his family for a hopeless endeavor. Why a man would give his body To madmen who use science to play God.

I remember how empty I felt not to have Given yOu The answer yOu deserved. And the truth, sweetheart, is very simple. It's BecAuse I musT.

I am nOt foolish eNough to believe I will survive this waR. HOwever I can choose how I die. And I know that for every one of them I kill, there's one less out there who can hUrt you and Jacob.

Know that whatever I am, for however lonG I havE, I am out here to protect you. I'll love you always and forever.

Hoping this letter finds you safe.
Eternally Yours.
Ben.
------------------------------------------------ -Warner
Message 15 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Feb 26, 2009

my_active_agent wrote:
yes but how did the mammals get there?
Fish evolved into amphibians, and amphibians evolved into ancient reptiles. Those reptiles branched off into mammal-like reptiles, modern reptiles, and dinosaurs. Those mammal-like reptiles became mammals. All land living animal species alive today evolved from fish-like animals. Except for invertebrates which split off the evolutionary path before the evolution of fish. Noone knows how life on Earth started but one theory is that one or some of the countless meteors that bombarded early Earth brought very very primitive life with it. The only other acceptable theory Ive heard is that huge lightning storms sparked the chemistry of life but I prefer the meteor theory. Then theres the whole god thing but thats complete nonsense made up by uneducated people thousands of years ago.
Message 16 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Feb 26, 2009
You know this for a fact Clanky??? If not, don't bash others for what they believe...
LEVEL 4 GAMER(120 TROPHIES)
PSN=DOOBIUS_510
Message 17 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Feb 27, 2009
This is where the Chimera came from.
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 18 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Feb 27, 2009

ASmellyOgre wrote:
This is where the Chimera came from.

Interesting

I really doubt will find out much more until Retribution comes out or R3. Until then it's really just a bunch of theories. I thought that there are going to be a couple of books based on Resistance Story coming out.

Message 19 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 27, 2009
tthere is their making a whole comic book series
11-Mar-53

I’ve been lying here For aLmost thrEe hours. rEmembering The lAst Time we were together. IT was outside DAn's Diner, during the first thunderstorm of the season. You stood in the rain, Crying and you asKed me an IMportant question. The question of why. Why a Man would joIN a causE with no hope for victory. Why a maN would abandon his family for a hopeless endeavor. Why a man would give his body To madmen who use science to play God.

I remember how empty I felt not to have Given yOu The answer yOu deserved. And the truth, sweetheart, is very simple. It's BecAuse I musT.

I am nOt foolish eNough to believe I will survive this waR. HOwever I can choose how I die. And I know that for every one of them I kill, there's one less out there who can hUrt you and Jacob.

Know that whatever I am, for however lonG I havE, I am out here to protect you. I'll love you always and forever.

Hoping this letter finds you safe.
Eternally Yours.
Ben.
------------------------------------------------ -Warner
Message 20 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes