Highlighted
Oct 17 2008
By: TheNotoriousZIG- Survivor 2709 posts

The [UNOFFICIAL] Resistance 2 Beta Information *Last Update 10/16*

126 replies 8 views Edited Oct 17, 2008

Alright, there's just too many Beat Thread. So I'll post this, pretty much just goes through what all you guys be asking about beta.

When Will Resistance 2 Beta Go Live

The Public Beta for the US of A shall recieve beta on Thursday, October 16, 2008. While EU will recieve theres onFriday, October 17, 2008.

Also, the Beta is one of the hugest files to appear as a game download in the PSN Store, its at a chart topping 2211 MB. Downloading will take time.

How Do You Get the Public Resistance 2 Beta

To obtain the Public Beta, you have 4 options as of right now.

1. First option, you pre-order a copy of Resistance 2 at your local Gamestop/EB Games Retailer. They'll give you a voucher, this voucher will contain a registration code to sign you up to recieve the Beta Code via E-mail. The instructions of how to apply the code is on the voucher. The Pre-Order People will get what is called the Premeir Code, this mean they will be getting into Beta once it goes live.
  2. Second option is to purchase to Qore Episode 3. Once the Beta is Live, an option in Qore will be available, which is to basically download the Beta. Another hitch with this is, only the Annual Subscribers (those who get Qore monthly) will get Premeir Access, those who buy just Episode 3 will get acess into Beta in a later unspecified date. Information Confirmed Here
  3. Third option is to apply to be picked for Resistance 2 Beta. Basically you are just applying, then you are picked through a lottery. If you win, they'll email you the beta code. It is unknown at the moment if the winners of these codes will get it at the same time as the ones who Pre-Ordered or later with Qore. Apply Here - Official Resistance 2 Beta Application
  4. Fourth option is about the same as the 3rd, but instead is hosted by Gamepro. Also they are giving away Premeir Codes, which mean they'll be playing with the first wave of Beta Players. Apply Here - GamePRO R2 Beta Contest GamePRO Resistance 2 Beta Giveaway has Officially Ended as of October 08, 4:30:00 PM (-8GMT)
What Game Modes Are We Going To Be Able to Play

The Resistance 2 Beta will consist of...

• 8 Player Online Class-based Co-op
  • Online Competitive Mode, up to 60 Players (30v30)
Also for those wondering, there is no Split-Screen Co-op in the beta.

Can The Beta Codes be Shared

Absolutely not, once used they cannot be used again. Think of them as non-recycable.

How Will I Receive My Beta Code If I Pre-Ordered

Those who pre-ordered and entered their registration code from the voucher to the application page will recieve an e-mail with the e-mail they have given in the application process. They'll start sending out the e-mails when the Beta has gone up. Since you do have the Premeir Access due to Pre-Ordering.

You'll get a page with this information once you've done the application process correctly and successfully.

You are now guaranteed Premier access to the Resistance 2™ Beta, which means you can play during the entire Public Beta period! Watch your PLAYSTATION®Network e-mail Inbox for further instructions as you will receive an e-mail that includes step-by-step instructions on how to download the Resistance 2™ Beta code and how to get started playing both the co-op and competitive multiplayer gameplay features of Resistance 2™.
Important Note: This e-mail will also include the Promotional Code that will allow you to download the Resistance 2™ Beta code from the PLAYSTATION®Network Store.

How Will I Receive My Code Through Qore

For those who subscribed to Qore ep.3, you'll be getting your beta codes through email just like that of those who pre-ordered. Remember, those who bought ep.3 alone will not get it on a later date than those who Pre-ordered or Subscribed.

For More Resistance 2 Information check out this threads

General Resistance 2 Information

+ http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=resistance&thread.id=88463

Resistance 2 Weapons List

+ http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=resistance&thread.id=103613

Message Edited by FragFrog on 10-16-2008 05:01 PM
Message Edited by FragFrog on 10-16-2008 06:46 PM
Message 121 of 127 (8 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1705 posts

Re: ATTENTION: Resistance 2 Beta Information

Oct 8, 2008
BS about the codes cant be used more then 1 time all of them are the same socom,LBP an all other betas
Message 1 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2741 posts

Oct 8, 2008

fowzi wrote:
BS about the codes cant be used more then 1 time all of them are the same socom,LBP an all other betas

They aren't the same at all dumbass. Otherwise everybody would be in those beta's.
Message 2 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1705 posts

Oct 8, 2008
dont cal me a dumb ass, u dumb ass lol
Message 3 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2709 posts

Oct 8, 2008

Really because I was given 2 Beta Sign-up codes, both here at the forums.

First time around someone already used it, then I found another that a guy posted 2 minutes ago and I was able to grab it before anyone.

Message 4 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

Oct 8, 2008

Wait.. we can play the single campaign mode too? AWESOME!

Btw, nice post. Hope this gets stickied.

skv007 Trophy Card
Message 5 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2709 posts

Oct 8, 2008

Solid_Snake007 wrote:

Wait.. we can play the single campaign mode too? AWESOME!

Btw, nice post. Hope this gets stickied.

Thanks I was getting tired of all the dang when will beta come out threads or how to get beta threads.

It make up like 75% of the new posts here.

Message 6 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2492 posts

Oct 8, 2008
Qore subscribers get it later than Pre-order codes? Thats utter bull****. We better get it at the same time..is this actually confirmed?
Message 7 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Oct 8, 2008
Ahh, man. When I opened this thread I was expecting a date.
--------------------------------------
Message 8 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes
jga
Treasure Hunter
7013 posts

Oct 8, 2008

Sure mine is ugly but its what is on the inside that matters

Message 9 of 127 (8 Views)
0 Likes