Treasure Hunter
6772 posts

Re: Resistance: Retribution Information Thread - 56k

Dec 30, 2008

Vengeful-Chaos wrote:

Noculonder wrote:

http://www.cheatcc.com/psp/rev/resistanceretributionpreview.html

Preview from CheatCC, not much new information, just an overview.

http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?game_id=10186&article_id=352348

A whole bunch of images, renders, and concept art.

Hell of a nice find, I almost didn't recognize you Warsound.

I wonder who / what this is

It almost looks like a very early form of Deadalus.

I also can't wait to fight some cloven which looks bad ass.

I believe that's a Boiler, it just seems female, but I might be off. I can't wait to hear it scream when it's alerted. Whether or not it'll send a chill down my spine, or a chuckle up my throat.

It could also be a Hag, but I have no clue as to how those would be designed...besides the haggish features, of course.

Grayson's brother was Jonny, apparently, according to one of the Grayson Diary images.

That render of Grayson also looks smooth.

Ratchet and Clank Community
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction-The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." -M. Luther King, Jr.

Pay It Forward| E.O.L Site| ASD
Message 50 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Dec 31, 2008
Can't wait for this game but specifically infected mode!!!
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself
psp userbar

Message 51 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2488 posts

Jan 1, 2009
KUDOS! very helpful thread!

Message 52 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10251 posts

Jan 2, 2009
Thanks punisher.

If any of you are keen on getting early access to a Retribution demo you might want to go ahead and pre-order at Amazon.com

And if you notice the release date listed is February 24, 2009.

Source PSPFanboy/ this thread

Message 53 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Re: Resistance: Retribution Info Thread - Early Access Demo now Available

Jan 3, 2009
got mine at best buys but cant redem till 13 of jan

Message 54 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10251 posts

Jan 3, 2009

carneyguy wrote:
Thanks for the tip, let me ask you a question since i've never pre-ordered from BestBuy do you have to put all the money down or can you put a small denomination of $5-10 like at GameStop?

Message 55 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Jan 3, 2009
kudosss good jobb cant wait for infection modee
Photobucket
Message 56 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Jan 3, 2009

Vengeful-Chaos wrote:

carneyguy wrote:
Thanks for the tip, let me ask you a question since i've never pre-ordered from BestBuy do you have to put all the money down or can you put a small denomination of $5-10 like at GameStop?

You can only pay $5 of it off, they wouldn't let me pay it all off at least for my R2 pre-order. Oh and $10 for CE as usual (for standard console games, I don't even think most handheld games have CEs)

Message 57 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
967 posts

Re: Resistance: Retribution Info Thread - Demo now Available @ Amazon & BB

Jan 3, 2009
I just preordered on Amazon. When do I get the code? Will they e-mail it? It just says they will be available before the early access ends?
Message 58 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Re: Resistance: Retribution Info Thread - Demo now Available @ Amazon & BB

Jan 3, 2009

I'm quite intrigued by the new features and story details, especially the "Infection" method using the PS3. Could be the game to get me to purchase a PSP.

However, one thing I'm not impressed with is the addition of the Cloven. Resistance and Resistance 2 helped establish the Cloven as a near-immortal species with an extremely mysterious aura who both the Humans and Chimera avoid at all costs. Intel stating that an individual Cloven can cause carnage and destruction whilst being riddled with bullets to no avail, as well as having the ability to turn INVISIBLE. That's an example of just how awesome this species are.

It's things like this that make you say "wow" in your mind. You want to know more but on the other hand you don't want to know too much. You wonder how you will ever get to see the Cloven in their flesh and yet you wonder whether or not their mysterious presence should be kept low. 

Then out comes small-time PSP title Retribution and destroys the whole mystery and wonder by including the Cloven as enemies. Enemies!? Technically you should stand NO chance of taking ONE Cloven out on your own. But no, I think I'd be right in saying that the Cloven will be downgraded to the status of "generic Resistance enemies" from now on unless their story is golden and their presence in godly on the battlefield. I want my ass handed to me by one single Cloven. Not going all Hale on them.

I might be jumping the gun (I probably am) and I love their design but I'd rather have the Cloven's real revelation and appearance saved for a PROPER Resistance title, one with a storyline that takes the series to new boundaries after the events of Resistance 2. One for the PlayStation 3. One where they show everyone who's boss with powerful hardware to back them and portray them as they should be portrayed.

I'm sorry but I'm just completely underwhelmed by the decision to include them in Retribution, a title that appears to have very little bearing on the overall scale of things. 

Message 59 of 182 (8,048 Views)
0 Likes