181 replies 7837 views Edited Feb 25, 2009

Information Thread

General Information

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment of America
Developer: Sony Bend
Genre: Third Person Shooter
Number of Players: Ad-Hoc / Online 1-8
Release Date: March 17
Rating: M For Mature: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence
Old and New Box Arts:

Game Information

Resistance: Retribution takes on a third-person perspective in the ongoing fight with the Chimera. Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy -- he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile ... in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance -- the Maquis -- enlist Grayson's help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.

Game Faq

Where will the Game Take Place?
  • The game will take place in Paris.

• Who is the main Character?
  • You play as James Grayson, who is forced to kill is own brother. Nathan Hale does NOT appear in Retribution.

• Is There Health Regeneration?
  • There is NO health regeneration. Unlike Hale, Grayson is not infected and needs health packs to survive, health packs are still red to stand out in levels.

• Is there Auto-Aiming?
  • There's is NO auto-aim, there is a Aim-Assist though, locking on to enemies near by, not fully locking on, So aiming is still required.

Game Information

• Retribution will have various online matches, Death Match; Capture the Flag; Team Death Match; Containment and Assimilation and many more.

• New weapons and characters made exclusively for Retribution.

• Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 1 and 2 - including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers - and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.

• Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology - including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K "One shot, one kill" sniper rifle.

• When certain weapons are equipped, such as the carbine machine gun, enemies will be automatically targeted.

• There are over 20 levels, and all environments are new, meaning nothing from the Resistance Series from the PS3.

• One main level is underneath the city of Bahn, in a Conversion Facility throughout channels of the Ryan River.

Key Features

• Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2(TM).

• Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier's grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.

• Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio's third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.

• Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.

• Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.

• Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology - including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K "One shot, one kill" sniper rifle.

• Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2(TM) and Resistance: Fall of Man - including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers - and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.

• Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.

• Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.

Infecting Your PSP

All you have to do is connect a PSP running Resistance: Retribution with a PS3 running Resistance 2. Under R2's option screen, select "Infect your PSP!" and your PSP will enter "Infection mode."

This "Infection mode" will cause your character in Retribution, former British Marine James Grayson, to become infected with an alternate mutated form of the Chimera virus Nathan Hale is infected with. You gain a new uniform, R2 weaponry, additional abilities, access to new Chimera areas, and more. Even the story will be slightly altered -- characters in the story will be aware of your Chimerian infection which will alter their behavior accordingly.

For Actual Screens of the Infection Process click this link

Screen Shots
Click Images to see full size.

For more images including concept art, Character Renders and Screen shots please check out this link
1/08/09 Screens

Weapons

• Sturmgewehr .303 Carbine
    • Semi automatic with an alternate fire that slows down the fire rate of your enemies.

• BM001 Razor
    • The Razor, which is a reversed-engineered rendition of the Chimera Bullseye capable of tracking individual targets, behaves in the same way. Alternate fire allows you to spin out a tracking disc, which lets you tag enemies with your bullets over and around cover.

• L209 Laark
    • The L209 Laark also possesses the same tracking disc mechanism for its alternate firing mode as the BM001 Razor.

• Schrotfinte 12 Gauge
    • No information on any alternate fire.

• Longbow 1s-1K
    • No information on any alternate fire.

Articles

Videos & Trailers

Sites and User Credits
To get your name in the credits simply submit information

Please note that this is a continuation of the original Resistance Retribution Information Thread. This thread is a work in progress and will be continually updated until the release of the game, I am open to any suggestions on how to better improve this thread.
Message Edited by Vengeful-Chaos on 02-25-2009 08:07 AM

Message 165 of 182 (7,837 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Re: Resistance: Retribution Information Thread - 56k

Oct 18, 2008
lol nice post
GAP_member_since_2001_____________________Home_Closed_Beta_Tester
Message 1 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks! Nice post! I would Kudo but I'm not of the proper rank yetSmiley Sad
Message 2 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Oct 18, 2008

Woo 3rd post!!

Nice thread btw.

Message Edited by NiteStrikerZero on 10-18-2008 07:59 PM
Message 3 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Oct 19, 2008
meh
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2552 posts

Oct 19, 2008

I know I left this thread in good hands.

Take care of it.

~ Now Playing: inFAMOUS ~
Message 5 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Oct 19, 2008
Nice post! Good job
Message 6 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1222 posts

Oct 19, 2008
Yes i am on the frist page of History!

Message 7 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10251 posts

Oct 19, 2008
Thanks for the comments all, i'll try to do my best and keep this updated until release date (which I just checked on IGN and it lists it as June 30 2009) although it's not official that's too dang far away.

Message 8 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6772 posts

Oct 19, 2008

Excellent compilation and organization of info, look forward to stopping by to have my fill on the game.

I just can't wait to try out the BM001 Razor on Boilers and Cloven.

Sony Bend definitely seems to be living this game up to the franchise. I feel the game is in good hands.

Ratchet and Clank Community
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction-The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." -M. Luther King, Jr.

Pay It Forward| E.O.L Site| ASD
Message 9 of 182 (7,837 Views)
0 Likes