Uncharted Territory
2209 posts

Re: RFOM>R2 Competitive

Dec 12, 2008

FaLLCHiLD wrote:

I agree and dissagree with you. If you just take out gl, rl and berserkers you have competitive games. Like halo r2 needs mlg rules.

And Bullseye, plus making body shots take less damage than they already too.  Getting headshots needs to make more of a difference, like it did with RFoM.
 I'll try to stick with R2 for a while before I sell it, hoping Insomniac will make a few updates to make the gameplay more competitive and not as noobish.  With that survey that they have on their forums going, I can hope. 

Ich hei��e Josef G��mb��s
Message 21 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Dec 12, 2008

GoMBoS wrote:

FaLLCHiLD wrote:

I agree and dissagree with you. If you just take out gl, rl and berserkers you have competitive games. Like halo r2 needs mlg rules.

And Bullseye, plus making body shots take less damage than they already too.  Getting headshots needs to make more of a difference, like it did with RFoM.
 I'll try to stick with R2 for a while before I sell it, hoping Insomniac will make a few updates to make the gameplay more competitive and not as noobish.  With that survey that they have on their forums going, I can hope. 

They do make a difference, the only problem is that you would be crazy to aim for the head as the spray would have you miss your bullets. So you are forced to aim for the body or you'll die. What they need is R:FoM accuracy so the winner is the person who can aim at the head longer. So it actually takes skill. 
Message 22 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2209 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Duality_18 wrote:

GoMBoS wrote:

FaLLCHiLD wrote:

They do make a difference, the only problem is that you would be crazy to aim for the head as the spray would have you miss your bullets. So you are forced to aim for the body or you'll die. What they need is R:FoM accuracy so the winner is the person who can aim at the head longer. So it actually takes skill. 

Yes, that's what I was going for but couldn't get myself to type it for some reason, haha.  They need to bring back a static crosshair too, if they do that, and get rid of the ones they have now. 

Ich hei��e Josef G��mb��s
Message 23 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Dec 12, 2008

GoMBoS wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:

GoMBoS wrote:

FaLLCHiLD wrote:

Yes, that's what I was going for but couldn't get myself to type it for some reason, haha.  They need to bring back a static crosshair too, if they do that, and get rid of the ones they have now. 

Now I can agree with you.  The crosshairs in R2 are not that great.  I hope that they deal with the hit detection and the replace the crosshairs with the R:FoM one. 

Other than they need to balance some of the weapons.  Everything is gravy.   But, knowing how IG runs their ship, we should see a patch in the near future.  They were very good with R:FoM and listening to the community. 

Other than that the only thing that they need to fix IMO, is the secondary fire for all weapons.  I think that all weapons should have no secondary ammo when you spawn.  I think it's very uneven when the Marksmen gets to start with a Electro Orb.  They get a half bar of damage that they don't have to do anything.  IG needs to make it so that you have to get a 3 kill ribbon for a secondary ammo to drop. 

PSN ID: Afrowhitey
No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
Hunter S. Thompson RIP 1937-2005
Message 24 of 24 (3 Views)
0 Likes