Feb 27 2009
By: Spiky1228-TW Hekseville Citizen 334 posts

Is it possible for Resistance 3 to use Killzone 2 Graphic Engine ?

6 replies 189 views Edited Feb 27, 2009
I am new to the KILLZONE 2 franchise but I know I will love it because I played the demo and its amazing. Graphic was amazing and control was tight. The R2 cover button for FPS is now a must for me. I was wondering if it is possible for Gureilla Devs to lease their graphic engine to Insomniac so they can use it to make Resistance 3. I prefer Resistance story but Killzone's graphics. Is it possible ?
Message 1 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2230 posts

Re: Is it possible for Resistance 3 to use Killzone 2 Graphic Engine ?

Feb 27, 2009

"Anything's posibaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!"

- Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics

ლ(^◡^ლ) █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ლ(^◡^ლ)
Message 2 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13410 posts

Feb 27, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:
I am new to the KILLZONE 2 franchise but I know I will love it because I played the demo and its amazing. Graphic was amazing and control was tight. The R2 cover button for FPS is now a must for me. I was wondering if it is possible for Gureilla Devs to lease their graphic engine to Insomniac so they can use it to make Resistance 3. I prefer Resistance story but Killzone's graphics. Is it possible ?

Is it possible?  Sure.  Would it happen?  Highly unlikely because we're talking about one company "leasing" their possibly patented property to another company for that other company's profits...can't see it happening.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Feb 27, 2009

Spiky1228-TW wrote:

are u lucky?
Message 4 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Feb 28, 2009
Well the great thing about sony first party studios is that they share alot of tech and help each other out. Since Insomniac, who are second party, are quite close with companies like Naughty Dog and Guerilla Games, adn Santa Monica, they could deffinately used some of that tech. I feel that Insomniac should extend the time alotted for theire game development, as R2 was rushed, I mean there is so much content but its not polished. even if they extented time by like 6 months and make a game a year and a half it would do wonders for a team like Insomniac.
Game Photography:
http://s617.photobucket.com/home/JoeDuke4/index

Homemade fightscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjErlHH21sA

'Fortune Favours the Bold'
Message 5 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2159 posts

Feb 28, 2009
 it could resistance would look awsome with KZ 2's graphics but i would probally never happen.
a sig 4 me
Message 6 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Feb 28, 2009

Ninja-KiLLR wrote:
 it could resistance would look awsome with KZ 2's graphics but i would probally never happen.

Well, Insomniac likes to take credit for something they did, so it wont happen.
Message 7 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes