Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3785 posts

Re: Final Boss Fight - (spoiler!)

Jan 19, 2009

Kilzone2 wrote:
?Kinda agree, but im impressed after the boss fight.

Same here. Idk i didnt think the end fight was too good either.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6165 posts

Jan 19, 2009

Duality_18 wrote:

OverlordSpike wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:
If anyone got caught by his tenticle grab more then once, has to be pretty damn dumb.   And the fact of backing up avoids ALL his attacks is pretty bad gameplay.

he can grab you?

If you were unable to stand on the appropiate half of the shelter when he attacked you he grabed or did something to you.   It was an instant kill.   I dont know what happens if you are attacked in the gondola part where you have to fry him.

You can actually just stand on the center circle of those shelter things. The claw/tentacle will reach you but it wont kill you.

----------------------------------------------------
The Many Stages of the PlayStation Forums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
60GB YLOD: Jan. 07 - Aug. 10
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Jan 19, 2009

takeapieandrun wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:

OverlordSpike wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:
If anyone got caught by his tenticle grab more then once, has to be pretty damn dumb.   And the fact of backing up avoids ALL his attacks is pretty bad gameplay.

he can grab you?

If you were unable to stand on the appropiate half of the shelter when he attacked you he grabed or did something to you.   It was an instant kill.   I dont know what happens if you are attacked in the gondola part where you have to fry him.

You can actually just stand on the center circle of those shelter things. The claw/tentacle will reach you but it wont kill you.

And here I thought you had to move 5 feet every 45 seconds to not die.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 20, 2009
It did. All of the boss fights were far too easy. The bosses were neat and well done, but there just wasn't a challenge.
Message Edited by CrazyCanuck90 on 01-19-2009 06:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Jan 20, 2009

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:
It did. All of the boss fights were far too easy. The bosses were neat and well done, but there just wasn't a challenge.

Kraken: all right boss, but all you had to do was straff left/right the whole time, not that fun.

Leviathan: Best looking boss by far.   Fun to kill him the first time, but once you think about it, not that great.
Marauder: I seriously didnt know this boss had attacks the first time I played him. Big joke aswell.
Swarm: Probably the hardest boss as you have to think for yourself a little bit. I give props to IG for this one.
Daedulus: A complete joke. Nuff said.

Hope I didnt leave any out.  These bosses were more like 'cinematic adventures' then actual bosses.  I feel they detracted from the gameplay more then helped.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6165 posts

Jan 20, 2009

Duality_18 wrote:

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:

Kraken: all right boss, but all you had to do was straff left/right the whole time, not that fun.

Leviathan: Best looking boss by far.   Fun to kill him the first time, but once you think about it, not that great.
Marauder: I seriously didnt know this boss had attacks the first time I played him. Big joke aswell.
Swarm: Probably the hardest boss as you have to think for yourself a little bit. I give props to IG for this one.

Hope I didnt leave any out.  These bosses were more like 'cinematic adventures' then actual bosses.  I feel they detracted from the gameplay more then helped.

Mother Spinner. 

Again you just have to run away from the leapers/mother spinner while regenerating, then once your health is full you kill the leapers and proceed to shoot the mother spinner. Rinse and repeat until shes dead.

----------------------------------------------------
The Many Stages of the PlayStation Forums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
60GB YLOD: Jan. 07 - Aug. 10
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3242 posts

Jan 20, 2009

takeapieandrun wrote:

Duality_18 wrote:

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:

Mother Spinner. 

Again you just have to run away from the leapers/mother spinner while regenerating, then once your health is full you kill the leapers and proceed to shoot the mother spinner. Rinse and repeat until shes dead.

Ah, thanks for the back up.

Nice synopsis but I'll give my own as well.

Mother spinner: Simmilar to the end of daedulus but with crawler things that randomly attack you. Making it much more like a boss fight then the others.  But the boss's attacks were pretty damn easy to evade making the smaller spinners/crawlers attacks pretty worthless.

For some reason IG likes to give you a small circular arena for your boss fights but gives the bosses literally no decent attacks to get you with.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jan 20, 2009
In Insomniac's defense, it's pretty hard to have boss fights in a first person shooter.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Jan 20, 2009

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:
In Insomniac's defense, it's pretty hard to have boss fights in a first person shooter.

Exactly what I was going to say. Many FPS games that have difficult boss fights have to make them difficult by throwing waves of extra enemies at you like you've been playing against the entire game. Those are just plain stupid sometimes because you can get stuck on those parts. Without dodging controls like DMC or something, the best we've got is a cinematic adventure. Its either that or a primary boss to kill while trying to get a ton of little bad guys out of the way. I'll take the cinematic adventure.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3785 posts

Jan 20, 2009

Duality_18 wrote:

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:

If you actually went around the house against the maruder, you were pretty dead. He spits like spider grenades, but it was extremely easy to beat inside of the house.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes