So I got the MP to work and was in a large TDM game. I was playing when I got killed. After respawn, I got killed by the same guy who killed me the first time six times in a row. The only problem was I would die as soon as I respawned, and no one was around me. Anyone else experience this??? I exited out of the match, but def felt like WTH is going on.
There is a glitch in the game where sometimes your avatar will not disapear when you die. Instead it just stands there (meanwhile you are invisible) and the enemy team can just shoot your avatar to kill you. AKA some nimrods can't figure it out so they just sit there knifing your avatar until you quit.....
Here's a great list of WTH moments in this game. This is off the resistance forums and was posted by "Danger Close"
Below is my updated list of glitches which I have encountered while playing Resistance: Burning Skies. Hopefully this will assist Nihilistic in creating future patches for this game.
Below is a list of glitches I've found in singleplayer:
1) The gun fire sound of the gatling gun mutes for a few seconds in between short bursts.
2) There is a major hit detection problem at the part where Elli and Tom split up to follow individual Chimeras. After Tom’s Chimera turns around and confronts him, there is another Chimera that leaps around the environment. When that Chimera jumps to the center platform above the red shack, he becomes impervious to all attacks. I had to wait until he went else where in order to kill him. I tried this section 3 times and this glitch occurred every single time. It didn't happen on my second play-through though, in which case he just stood still on the top of the mountain.
3) Towards the end, when Tom finally reaches his wife and cuts her out of the alien membrane, she mouths a string of sentences, but there is no audio coming out of her. I had a feeling that was suppose to be a dramatic point in the game, but I could not hear a single word of it. It honestly killed my gaming experience.
4) This isn’t really a glitch, but I noticed that overall, there is no sound contrast, regardless of how far or close you get to the source of the sound.
5) When I first played the Protection Camp level, I discovered a crashed airplane, and I kept hearing a male voice calling out for help. However, when I crawled to the cockpit, there was no one there. On my second play-through, I realized that there is actually suppose to be a pilot in that cockpit, a pilot who failed to appear during my first play-through.
6) This one actually made me laugh out loud. Remember that part inside the hotel building (Protection Camp chapter) where a human soldier yells for you to "get over here"? He is suppose to push aside the bed which he was presumably using as cover, and allow you into the room. Well, on my second play-through, I kid you not, I heard his voice, and saw a floating Carbine Rife gliding and weaving through the air. The soldier holding the rifle was invisible!
7) On my second play through, I found a new glitch: When Tom and Elli encounters the first scientist on Ellis Island, during the cut scene, Elli was treating the wounded scientist with her Carbine Rifle instead of the syringe and rag.
Below are some glitches/ bugs I discovered in multiplayer:
1) Sound effects are at the same volume regardless of my proximity to the sound source. Any time someone shoots off a gun from the other side of the map it sounds like a hail of punishment is raining down on me.
2) Sometimes avatars are left behind, and the player is invisible, and free to move about the map.
3) Frozen avatars provide free kill points when players melee attack them repeatedly.
Just a side note here...below are just a few details that bothered me about story mode:
1) Tom said "Water and magnesium...bad combination." In reality water itself does not make magnesium explode unless you shoot solid stream water at it. Firefighters use fog pattern to contain this kind of fire.
2) Why did Tom yank the rod out of the scientist's chest? Was he trying to encourage more loss of blood? I don't get it.
Not trying to be a know-it-all here. I'm just trying to get a point across. Inaccurate details like this make people cringe.