Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: TrouzzzerSnake Lombax Warrior 180 posts

To anyone who had a hand in making this game

12 replies 470 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

I just wanted to say thank you,

I bought Resistance: Fall Of Man and dug it.  I bought Resistance 2, and for reasons I'm not going to get into here, I thought it was definitely sub-par and did not enjoy it - but I knew there was definitely the seed of something amazing still just under the surface for the series.  I went all out on Resistance 3 hoping for the big one, and bought the Doomsday edition with the Playstation Sharpshooter (that sharpshooter is awful (**bleep** is with the gun-stock?)).  The first thing I did was hop online - and I entered into this big mess of a multiplayer... massive amounts of framerate lag and hard-freezes.  I shut down the multiplayer and I have never played it again to this day - but I did fire up the campaign...

Holy smokes!  Best FPS campaign I have ever played in my life - I still run through it occasionally, like I just did again this morning.  Just... Just a phenomenal job and something you do not see in 97% of FPS's still made today.  I would still purchase this game at full price, knowing that the multiplayer was garbage, just for that campaign.  You just nailed the feel... the enemy AI... the weapons... the atmosphere... the cinematics... everything!  Just superb.  I think I read some thing a while back about Resistance 3 being the last entry in the series, and I just wanted to say that hearing that was definitely a bummer.  The series finally caught its stride - just a little too late, I guess.

So again, thanks for such an amazing game!  I hope Insomniac goes on to more great things, and if you ever do another FPS - give it all the heart that went into this game!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: To anyone who had a hand in making this game

Jan 4, 2013
I really loved R3. Too bad the online is dead.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2611 posts

Jan 28, 2013

same here I thought the campaign was great but didnt really even bother with multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Resistance is one of the few PS exclusive franchises that I have missed out on this generation. The games are so cheap now, so I plan on getting them soon. Lol the first game is $3. I'll get it soon
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 7, 2013
game took no skill after rfom(which i loved). insominac basically gave iup with the series all together so disappointing.. i played R2 but never had the feel of rfom and r3 online was just terrible... probably last game i get from insominac.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (385 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 10, 2013
R4 beta anyone?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Mar 10, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
R4 beta anyone?

Me! Its a awesome game with 1000 player matches and in this game its on mars.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (339 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5307 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I just didn't like how they ended the series. Felt really rushed.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (325 Views)
Survivor
2570 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Haven't picked up R3 but soon will cause of all I've heard about the SP. I did feel very let down when they decided to take out the 8 player co-op. That was a massive bummer and now, there's a game called definace which plays just like R2's 8player co-op only more fleshed out but R2 co-op had far better shooting mechanics and weaponary. I have no idead why they choose to remove the 8player co-op instead of expand on it but that was what put me off initially.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I agree all the cutscenes felt rushed. The mp was fun, but too similar to cod. It needs something else. 30 player battle would have rocked!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (297 Views)
0 Likes