Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Re: Your thoughts on Orc

Mar 27, 2012

It's not the best but it's all not bad. I really enjoy it just fine.

I understand it's a spin off and made by a shooter company so it won't appease all Resident Evil fans but to get the most ufn of this game you'd need the online.

playing Vet+ coop is really fun and the VS modes are nice, I like it way better than RE5's VS mode.

My 2 main issues for this game are:

1. Trolled to death: There is just no defense if your stuck in a corner vs a Hunter, Spec. Ops soldiers, or Human player (Online VS) since one you get CQC'd (or close quarters Clawing lol) then you really have no hope

2. Lag?: I was somewhat surprised that ORC doesn't install  or have an option to install. With numerous enemies flowing in (especially online) there is alot delay when killing is happening. Most notably, online gaming. Who here has not been felt up by a zombie from across the map? lol

For example, I can be at the enemy gas station area in the map Apocalypse (seems like it's the only map ever played...) and I can be instantly telported to an alley within the area being grabbed by a zombie. Oh spekaing of teleport I've also been forced choke out of nowhere by a zombie too (you may have heard the term 'Invisible Zombie(s)' used by now) lol, but it could be just someone stealing internet form MC Donalds or something .

But back about installing, yeah after 1hr of play, I take out the disc and it's already burning hot as if I was playing a game for 5 hours

It be great if Sl6 and/or Capcom can make some kind of stability update (or option to install game like in x360)

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 28, 2012

The only thing I trully enjoyed was the story. I don't mean the story though. I mean that I got to see RE2&3 in a new perpective. It felt cool returning to those places in full 3D than just set camera angles. Being steps away from Birkin's lab was awesome! Being in the clock tower where Jill was infected was pretty amazing. Then visiting the Raccoon Police Department was very cool as I saw that orange tiger statue.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 12 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5660 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Rene_Led wrote:

It's not the best but it's all not bad. I really enjoy it just fine.

I understand it's a spin off and made by a shooter company so it won't appease all Resident Evil fans but to get the most ufn of this game you'd need the online.

playing Vet+ coop is really fun and the VS modes are nice, I like it way better than RE5's VS mode.

My 2 main issues for this game are:

1. Trolled to death: There is just no defense if your stuck in a corner vs a Hunter, Spec. Ops soldiers, or Human player (Online VS) since one you get CQC'd (or close quarters Clawing lol) then you really have no hope

2. Lag?: I was somewhat surprised that ORC doesn't install  or have an option to install. With numerous enemies flowing in (especially online) there is alot delay when killing is happening. Most notably, online gaming. Who here has not been felt up by a zombie from across the map? lol

For example, I can be at the enemy gas station area in the map Apocalypse (seems like it's the only map ever played...) and I can be instantly telported to an alley within the area being grabbed by a zombie. Oh spekaing of teleport I've also been forced choke out of nowhere by a zombie too (you may have heard the term 'Invisible Zombie(s)' used by now) lol, but it could be just someone stealing internet form MC Donalds or something .

But back about installing, yeah after 1hr of play, I take out the disc and it's already burning hot as if I was playing a game for 5 hours

It be great if Sl6 and/or Capcom can make some kind of stability update (or option to install game like in x360)

Every beginning, has an End.

Abit off topic, but i rented the newest soul calibur game last weekend and in the options menu there was an''install'' option...if it's true then this could also be implemented in more games to make it optional , instead having it being mandatory i know some people who don't want their memory wasted on constantly installing software to the HDD.

Message 13 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Mar 30, 2012

I like it. More for the MP havent played much co-op.....

Finally have a MP resident evil with zombies kinda like the old Outbreak series (which everyone hated because their PS2 had no Internet conntection ) way before its time....

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 14 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
345 posts

Mar 30, 2012

I spent the full price and I don't feel like I wasted a dime.

I haven't tried the campaign, for now I am really interested in the Multiplayer side of the game. It was exactly what I expected, and squad-based, third-person, zombie/human shooter.

I will continue to play, if anyone wants to squad up, ADD ME!

Message 15 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5308 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:Abit off topic, but i rented the newest soul calibur game last weekend and in the options menu there was an''install'' option...if it's true then this could also be implemented in more games to make it optional , instead having it being mandatory i know some people who don't want their memory wasted on constantly installing software to the HDD.

Yeah also Soul Calibur 4 (and in my expereince most fighting games...minus Mortal Kombat it installs but not even close to 4gb as described on the back of the box)

The main reason (ps3) games are installed to HDD is to cut down loading (a bit) and to relieve some stress on the system (which is why x360 would usually fry until it was updated to be able to install games and also the rework for the slick x360)

I was just kind of surprised RE:smileysurprised:RC didn't install nor have an option to O_o?

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes