Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Re: Resident evil 4 for PS3?

Apr 6, 2011

While this is great for people who haven't played RE4 and Code Veronica, I still think it's kinda of pointless considering both titles have already been ported to numerous consoles. Overkill if you ask me.

RE4 is on the Gamecube, iOS, Ps2, and the Wii. If you don't have any of those you can just pick up the PC version that will run great on just about and PC from the last couple of years. Plenty of choices and opportunities to play RE4...

Eternal Lord sig
Message 71 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Apr 8, 2011

Eternal_Lord wrote:

While this is great for people who haven't played RE4 and Code Veronica, I still think it's kinda of pointless considering both titles have already been ported to numerous consoles. Overkill if you ask me.

RE4 is on the Gamecube, iOS, Ps2, and the Wii. If you don't have any of those you can just pick up the PC version that will run great on just about and PC from the last couple of years. Plenty of choices and opportunities to play RE4...

Eternal Lord sig

well maybe I just like overkill, because I have the GCN, Wii, and PS2 versions of the game, and I plan on getting this day one.

Maybe I would be less inclined to do so if I had brought my PS2 with me to Japan, but IDK, I still think i would want to get it.

Message 72 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Apr 10, 2011

When they put RE on the GC I thought they were going to remake 2 & 3, but they ended up just porting them. Maybe now they could remake them...

Besser allein als in schlechter Gesellschaft.
(Better to be alone, than in bad company.)
Message 73 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Apr 10, 2011

I guess anything is possible, but at this point it seems that they won't be doing that, and they will simply be proceeding forward in the direction they have for the series.

Message 74 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 22, 2011

for some reason i cant seem to get past the first scene in resident evil 5 gold edition, i tried with the move and the dual shock controler, it just seems like i cant shoot any zombies, i am playing alone, what do you guys suggest?

Message 75 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11396 posts

May 22, 2011

Flex2slick wrote:

for some reason i cant seem to get past the first scene in resident evil 5 gold edition, i tried with the move and the dual shock controler, it just seems like i cant shoot any zombies, i am playing alone, what do you guys suggest?

Presumably, you're talking about the scene with the hulking guy with the sledgehammer... correct? To shoot down the invading army of mutates (they're definitely not zombies), just aim and shoot them in the head when you see them jumping over the wall as best you can. You're able to turn around with a 360 maneuver as well in this game (I believe by either pressing down on or tapping down on the right analog stick). When the room starts to get full, flee to a corner, shoot, heal if need be, and stop-run and shoot some more. Take notice that you can perform close-up melee attacks. These will help when the odds are overwhelming.

This wasn't an easy scene for me either when I first started getting used to the game. But, it can be overcome. Work with your AI partner. Give Sheva healing properties so she can heal Chris. Don't be stingy with the ammo either. Her only problem is that she doesn't know the first thing about arming grenades.

Message 76 of 87 (25 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

Resident Evil 4, I don't think they'd remake it, you never know though. Capcom has redone games in the past. They should do a playstation remake of 1 + 2 together and 3 + 4 together. Except actually improve the graphics much more. It'd be intresting to see what bonus features they added.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 77 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26042 posts

May 22, 2011

I actually just read in Playstation Magazine there is a Resident Evil 4 HD coming.

Message 78 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

May 23, 2011

yeah I'm pretty stoked about the RE HD collection.

Message 79 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

That's surprising, but good, do you  think they'll make Ashley more helpful to Leon than she was?

Maybe as helpful as Sheva, though I wouldn't know, I always got stuck playing with my cousin who'd I'd try and hit using a rocket launcher, good times.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 80 of 87 (25 Views)
0 Likes