Resident Evil: Returning To Its Roots & Possible Reboot

7 replies 307 views Edited Jan 31, 2013
Message 1 of 8 (307 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Re: Resident Evil: Returning To Its Roots & Possible Reboot

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Good. I hope they do like some of those comments are saying and go back to the fixed camera. It's a lot scarier not being able to look around a corner and see the zombie. Only hearing it makes it more terrifying. I know I'm probably one of the few that will say this but I actually loved the door loading screens. It made you fear what was in the next area. Especially the REmake. The REmake is the only one that has made me tense up when playing on Hard becuase of how little ammo there is. There's almost not enough to get through the game. Not knowing when a Crimson Head was on the other side of a door was traumatizing. Playing on Hard made it worse. Little to no ammo and like 3 hits to kill you.

Aya Brea is a PS icon!!! She needs a slot in All-Stars!
Message 2 of 8 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I agree and disagree, the 3rd person camera angle has great untapped potential in a Resident Evil game.  When you look at Silent Hill and Dead Space you see scary third person games.  Why Capcom can't figure out that formula is beyond me, and no one will ever know.  In any case, I'm excited that they're going back to the roots of the franchise.

Message 3 of 8 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 23, 2013

True. I've never played Dead Space or Silent Hill but I've heard they are scary. Except for Dead Space 3, I've heard it wasn't as scary as the previous games. I believe it was the co-op. I'm not saying RE and these games that are supposed to be horror shouldn't have co-op, but rather we shouldn't have to have a partner. We should be able to play solo without an AI partner even.

Message 4 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 23, 2013

I've been suggesting that the partner be optional and fans of the series shot it down left and right.  And, for some reason in their minds they thought it was partner or not parnter at all.  As for Dead Space, only the first Dead Space is scary.  The other installments aren't scary, maybe except for the start of Dead Space 2.  After you get passed the start of DS2, then it stops being scary.

Message 5 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 24, 2013

That's what I liked about Ada's campaign in RE6. It wasn't mandatory to have a partner, even an AI partner.

Message 6 of 8 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

For real screw this whole mandatory partner crap. I highly doubt capcom will quote on quote get back to resident evils roots. The simple fact remains is RE6 wuz the final nail in this once beloved serie's coffin. There's no chance it can be redeemed after they released that trash.

Message 7 of 8 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

I think that Capcom could still make a scary RE game with the 3rd Person camera. I don't think that they have put enough effort into it yet (RE4 was the best attepmt at that formula). A reboot may be necessary, though. I'd even go as far as to say that a brand new cast is introduced.

Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes