Oct 01 2012
By: zaruchen Wastelander 882 posts

Resident Evil 6 on PSN

5 replies 895 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

I am having a hard time finding an answer but theres less than a day left before the game comes out so I need to know.

I want to get this game on PSN but I do not want to wait like til 9 pm waiting for the store to update while everyone else can get theirs at midnight. My question is, Will it be available to purchase and download at midnight?

I want to make sure before i run over to gamestop to cancel my preorder for a psn card.

Message 1 of 6 (895 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4207 posts

Re: Resident Evil 6 on PSN

Oct 1, 2012

No it will not be up at midnight. You'll have to wait for the store to publish tommorow.

Message 2 of 6 (871 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Just a quick reply you let you know really, but, the whole reason I and many others buy digital pre-orders is that one can play the game the second it is released. I find it beyond extremly poor customer service that I will not be able to play a game I pre-ordered on PSN on it's release time.

I can assure you this will be the first and the last time I EVER pre-order ANYTHING from the PSN store and I will advise others against it as well in future.
Message 3 of 6 (866 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
4207 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I understand how you feel. Thats why i dont get my games digitally. However they are making strides towards improvement. I'm sure the midnight release is something you will see in the future.

Message 4 of 6 (842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I would never buy a game of this size from psn,it would take 10 hours to download. i have high speed internet,but i find it takes a long time to download stuff from psn.

Message 5 of 6 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16953 posts

Oct 8, 2012

smallville04 wrote:

I would never buy a game of this size from psn,it would take 10 hours to download. i have high speed internet,but i find it takes a long time to download stuff from psn.

if something is downloading extremely slow try canceling the d/l and starting a new one.  it seems like maybe they have this content streaming from different servers and sometimes you get stuck on a slow server.   i always start 2-3 d/l of the same content and then check to see which one is d/l faster and go with that one.    when i first discovered this me and 3 friends were all d/l the same demo, we all started at the same time and they were playing before mine was at 10%.  i sat there for 15 minutes watching this paint dry till finally i canceled the d/l and started a new one, 4 minutes later i was playing.   i dont know if its different servers or whats going on but you can get some really slow d/ls  that are fixed by starting a new one.

as far as d/l full/large games it usually takes about an hour to an hour and a half which really isnt to bad, the bad part is all the space it takes up on the hard drive. 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (695 Views)
0 Likes