Wastelander
870 posts

Re: Resident Evil 6: Do you think it'll be worth getting straight away?

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

If you liked 5, then  you would probably like 6, even with the changes and add-ons.

Also, ppl talks bad about the demo but its what it is, a DEMO.

and ppl complains wayyy too easy.

personnally i love RE5GE and i still play it, and when i started watching videos of RE6 i went crazy, kind of lol

If you are still unsure, then do not buy it and rent it first, then if you like it buy it.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon and i chose to order it from there cause i wanted the High Sees Fortress map (i have my reason for wanting this map but that is another story lol)

3 in 1 campaings, possibly 4, each having theyre own fighting style and more, plus now we can shoot and run at the same time, lay on our back and shoot, roll on the floor, this really look awesome.

I cant wait to get the game... the videos looks awesome, the only thing i dont like is that there is one character in it that i dont like or dont care for... and i wont name the character in case of spoilers for some ppls.

Message 11 of 36 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I personally love RE5 myself, and I might probably wait until 2 weeks after its launching day. 

I've seen lots of price drops after 2 weeks of new games released. Who knows I can get this new game for $50..Besides, I'm into their DLC RE6. So, I could spend another $20 extra for additional DLC just like what I did in RE ORC.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 12 of 36 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Aug 19, 2012

it depends what kind of DLC it is, me i dont like Slayers neither Survivors, Mercenary is fun tho, and i think Mercenary is in it already.

as for other kinds of DLC, we will have to wait.

Message 13 of 36 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

RE6 will be a must for me. ive also been playing since RE1 and i played all the side RE games though outbreak was stupid as hell. i must say my favorites are so far 2,4,5. 2 because cmon its an unbeatable game no hate on #1 because that game was also epic but 2 did it for me. 3 was really good as well. 4 was amazing the gameplay was unbeatable, 5 was really good but as someone said earlier it wasnt as fresh as 4 was but the co op makes me still wanna play, i have the platinum in 5 but i like the co op so much i help others with the trophies.

i forgot code veronica might have been my favorite over all, operation raccoon city wasnt my fav but it was kinda cool to see the other side of the story. im hoping 6 will be better than 5 but idk if it will be as good as 4, 4 was as someone said very fresh, and that cant be beaten with the same gameplay. something i miss from 5 is the puzzles sure some people might have found them annoying but i felt like it was losing its feel as an RE game a little and focused more on the gameplay. puzzles is what really got me into the whole RE series/and the epic storyline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 14 of 36 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Resident Evil looks pretty good. I love the Resident Evil franchise. However, Operation Raccoon City was kind of a let down. Way too short, I didn't bother with the DLC... 

Today I broke my personal record, most consecutive days lived.
Message 15 of 36 (398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

Well, i'll get re6. Though it isn't survival horror anymore, it's still resident evil. Nowadays i prefer dead space (the game proved that a GOOD survival horror is still possible on ps3) because resident evil became more action than anything. I'll play and yes, i'll try to get the platinum trophy. I divide ps3 games in 2 categories: games worth to get the platinum trophy and games i just play for fun, not too serious xD. But i'm not too excited as i once were when resident evil was survival horror. I remember Jun Takeuchi (director of resident evil series) saying as soon as resident evil 5 was released in 2009 that the 6th would be WHOLE new. New story, new characters. Everything new. BUT, as we already could see on teasers, that didn't happen.

So... yes, i'll get resident evil 6 because i'm fan of the series. And no... the game isn't the good resident evil i knew anymore.

Get your Portable ID!

Message 16 of 36 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Sep 3, 2012

The developers said early on as well as people that played the demo that there's no weapons shops and enemies won't drop ammo which is a classic element to the game since the 1st few games didn't have these things. The survival aspect is being tactical using a strategy. Puzzles Ada's dark single player zombie filled story is puzzle horror themed. Sherry & Jake's story is RE3 inspired so Ustanak (Nemesis 2.0) is chasing them constantly the same way Nemesis chased Jill in RE3. Leon's story has traditional horror with zombies and very little light to actually see where you are in his story. Chris is action horror of course and even he won't have much ammo despite how his setup looks. There's an RPG element to the game this time and it'll be about 38 hours altogether. 10 hours for 3 stories individually and 8 hours for the last story.

Message 17 of 36 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Gamerboy16 wrote:

The developers said early on as well as people that played the demo that there's no weapons shops and enemies won't drop ammo which is a classic element to the game since the 1st few games didn't have these things. The survival aspect is being tactical using a strategy. Puzzles Ada's dark single player zombie filled story is puzzle horror themed. Sherry & Jake's story is RE3 inspired so Ustanak (Nemesis 2.0) is chasing them constantly the same way Nemesis chased Jill in RE3. Leon's story has traditional horror with zombies and very little light to actually see where you are in his story. Chris is action horror of course and even he won't have much ammo despite how his setup looks. There's an RPG element to the game this time and it'll be about 38 hours altogether. 10 hours for 3 stories individually and 8 hours for the last story.

will be a fun platinum to try and get :smileyvery-happy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 18 of 36 (360 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

This game won't probably live up to the hype generally. Even with the demo people still complain about the huge transition from the Classic to the Modern action horror. But I'm personally excited. Gameplay pretty much doesn't bother me anymore, probably because of RE4 but regardless, I'm just in it for the story. Besides, it's the first time Chris and Leon will be together in a game Onscreen together

Message 19 of 36 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I think I will wait for reviews to come in before buying. I have  Dishonored for day purchase.

Message 20 of 36 (317 Views)
0 Likes