Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2012
By: orlando29 Lombax Warrior 117 posts

RE ORC Echo Six DLC Pack 1

12 replies 174 views Edited Apr 18, 2012

Incase you were wondering how much this first of what I am guessing is two is gonna run you. Priced at $9.99, if it were all six missions then ok but they really scewed us here with this crap. Just for curiousity I bought it and downloading it now, these three misssion better be good or I will be pissed.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Re: RE ORC Echo Six DLC Pack 1

Apr 21, 2012

I'm having blast with this DLC. 

Better than the main game itself. Very tough boss fight in (normal mode) though.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 21, 2012

they are more challenging than the USS I will give it that, my favorite is mission 3 cause it has a different environment. Will have to wait until next week to see if the rest match up

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

May 1, 2012

Can't wait for more that's for sure.  Nemesis in the prolouge was a beast, but that made defeating him all the sweeter.  I'm hoping the higher challenge continues!

I'm also hoping some interesting twist at the end occurs, simaler to the one at the end of the USS story!  Although ultimately pointless, the variable ending and a challenge of choices was actually a pleasent suprize!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

May 3, 2012

wow. ^_^ can't wait until a game of the year edition comes out.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

May 7, 2012

No one in my area plays the Echo Six pack right now, and now i'm a sad panda.  Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 17, 2012

well they finally released the second map pack today or yesterday, so far I have played the first mission and got to say it seem's like they put more effort in the ECHO side then they did on the USS. The enemies seem's much tougher, even at normal was getting my ass handed to me. Will have to see if the final two mission hold up to the first one but so far all I can say is not bad. At least I can say it was worth the month long wait

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

May 17, 2012

The only thing I was dissapointed on was the ending, in a word: cliched.  I was kind of hoping for something more with Jill and Carlos before the end, or another team splitter,  maybe even an epic showdown with USS Wolfpack.  I admit this is more in line with how the series likes to end though.  Capcom needs better writers, and possibly new management but that's another story.

I liked the expansion overall, the invincible tyrant in the first mission is gonna confound the trigger happy kids who keep finding me to no end.  It sure did the NPC party.  The second mission was every bit as tight as the first, and they seem to have taken some of the old advice about limiting ammo too.  While I felt the final mission was easier than almost all (got my "No incapacitations" trophy on normal), the final boss was a good match.  Not only a unique fusion of old and new, it's simple enough that even idiots can figure out what to do quick, but still tough enough to keep you on your toes the whole fight. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 18, 2012

overall the DLC in genreral was ok, not mad that I had to pay 20 bucks for it because it was decent. There were good things but then there were bad things about it aswell.

PROS

Enemies seem's tougher then on the USS side.

They added new defensive weapons that you had to deal with like turrets.

Can actually see the ECHO team faces unlike the USS who wore gas mask, not sure why that annoyed me but it did

Decent boss fights like the nemesis, birkin, and T 103 parasite.

CONS

The map layout is basically the same as the USS just in reverse, only one chapter had a different location then the USS as the rest were just the same layout of the USS just sort of in reverse which was a disappointment to me.

Story was kind of weak, I was hoping for a clash between the ECHO and USS team at the end but it really never happened. I was hoping they would of done a final battle just like they did where you had to choose to kill or save leon but once I saw the T 103 sort of knew that it was not gonna happen. The ending sucked, could not hear what leon and claire said cause there voice cut off only heard what ECHO said. Even then when they started to leave and ECHO stayed behind I though game was not over but then the credits roll out. Sort of a disappointing end

Jill and Carlos I was hoping something would progress there but I guess they were there to fill the void in afew chapters, ending might of been crappy but it would of been nice for them to put those two in some sort of way. What a waste of characters

OVERALL

DLC was just good enough to enjoy, nothing special about it but definately not the worst DLC I played. Probably will not purchase anything from Slant Six again cause honestly this game barely meet the basic requirements a game should be now a days, this included there DLC. Not saying that this is my last RE game but Slant Six really screwed the putch on this one. God let RE6 be better than this please

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

May 18, 2012

The DLC overall aren't so bad. I don't mind spending $20 for it. 

I'm disappointed that Spec Ops didn't encounter with USS in the second expansion pack. I have had such high expectation to see this encounter just like when we've seen the trailer from tv ads before the game officially released.

About the ending, I'm thinking Capcom would make a sequel for this one. Just a thought since the Spec Ops were needed to be stayed at Raccoon City to finish off other important missions. Big question mark there for me..

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (174 Views)
0 Likes