Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 23 2009
By: Zilas Wastelander 708 posts

Don’t buy the DLC

161 replies 54 views Edited Mar 23, 2009

This is utter BS!
This is the second game coming out of Capcom where DLC is out not long after the game release that should have been in the final product. First Street Fighter is released and on the same day new outfits are up on the PSN for you to buy. Remember the good old days where once you finished a game you would unlock a new outfit or something. Now they take it out and make you pay for it because a lot of you will. Now this. Having to pay for a MP mode, something that's a standard in most games. What's next? We need to pay for the amount of saves we can do? “In today's update you can purchase a new Save Game Pack. You can now save up to 8 times during gameplay!!! Only 2.99” Please everyone just don’t give into this BS.

Added: 

Ok please read.
I don’t care about the DLC being $5.
I don’t care if it was even $1 I would have still started this topic.
This is what im concerned about.

Other companies are going to see how well/bad this does.
If they see that many of you are willing to pay $5 for a 4 player competitive mode, that's using all of the ready made character models and environments. Then how much are you willing to pay for a 32 player online experience with all new maps and a customizable character?
Why would companies take the time to add an online mode to their game when they know now they can just sell it to us as DLC and charge whatever they want and simply say. “Well we gave you guys a full game its just an extra $$$”

Don’t try and tell me that wouldn't eventually happen.
If you own a company you want to make money. Why add a feature to the game when you now know people will pay for it if you just keep it out.

Message Edited by Zilas on 03-22-2009 09:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 160 of 162 (54 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Re: Don’t buy the DLC

Mar 12, 2009
its only 4 bucks, im buying it either way and if its out by midnight im going to buy it then
MGO:!Decoder_Bambo!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Mar 12, 2009
Message Edited by Scooby_WRX04 on 03-12-2009 10:51 AM
MGO:!Decoder_Bambo!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5592 posts

Mar 12, 2009
4 measley bucks? Thats a easy purchase..now if the DLC was like 40 bucks..Not a chance..
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Mar 12, 2009

LiKwiD wrote:
4 measley bucks? Thats a easy purchase..now if the DLC was like 40 bucks..Not a chance..

Is it just a costume? If so that is stupid to pay 4bucks... It should be either $1 or Free..

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Mar 12, 2009

AngelRyux700 wrote:

LiKwiD wrote:

Is it just a costume? If so that is stupid to pay 4bucks... It should be either $1 or Free..

The only DLC confirmed so far is "Versus Mode", which is made up of four different multiplayer modes, including competitive deathmatch types. 

For $4, I'm getting it. The amount of replay value will be insane, plus there will be additional Trophies coming with that DLC.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 162 (54 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Mar 12, 2009
$4 really is nothing, but I agree, this should have been in the final release anyway,  but what are ya gonna do, they gotta make there money somehow.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1775 posts

Mar 12, 2009
Check ps3fanboy again guys, it's 5 bucks and no I'm not buying this. It's robbery, and a scam and anyone willing to put down 5 bucks for a simple "Versus mode" that has been in video games for FREE for decades and that should be free seeing as how it's being released a couple weeks after release which clearly means that Capcom has already finished it but just wants to get more money from the idiot gamers, is an idiot IMO.Sad thing is gamers will continue to be morons and continue to be the companies pets as more companies like Capcom purposely leave out features in a 60 dollar game, only to release such features a week later, and charge money for it.
Message Edited by bigblack404 on 03-12-2009 02:34 PM
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 162 (54 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1775 posts

Mar 12, 2009

Demonik-Penguin wrote:
$4 really is nothing, but I agree, this should have been in the final release anyway,  but what are ya gonna do, they gotta make there money somehow.

Versus mode has been a standard for video games for decades so don't give me that they gotta make money somehow bullsh*t. The Mega Man 9 DLC was bad enough, so was SFIV costumes, now a versus mode? You gotta be kidding me. Also it's 5 bucks, not 4, simple error they made.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 162 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 12, 2009
I understand what you mean (paying for Alternates that were in the Arcade version of SFIV and now paying for a 'Versus' mode).  However, I currently have no plans to buy the 'Versus' mode (anyone know how this is going to work with RE's mechanics?) because I'm honestly not too big on 'competitive' multiplayer (I dabble here and there) and I'm not compelled to get an '100%' Trophy Completion.  It's there if you want it but it's kind of sad to see some basic things being charged for not long after a game releases.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 162 (54 Views)