May 25 2010
By: YoUVEbeENsMITeD First Son 11 posts

what they could have added to make it go from great to phenom

11 replies 4 views Edited May 25, 2010

Red Dead is a **bleep**ing amazing game. I love the beautiful detail, the little small things like the little animals running around; shooting their heads off. The challenges have me going for about 3 hours stil havnt came close to getting them all. Finally something diffrent then the regular ol' GTA.(In the city all the time) Especially, i loved gta SA for the ps2 and the idea of leaving the city and going to the country. But back on topic, but theres a few game errors i dont agree with. Theres alot of times when you go from multi-player back to single player and it freezes at the loading screen, i dont know why thats happening.(Not really freezing, but sitting at the load screen for more then 5 minutes)  I appear invisible or my friends do sometimes. It really lacks personality(Multi-player) You have to be one of the guys out of all that gangs(sure thats nice for shootouts, and capture the bag. But when it comes to freeroam, with all the detail that the ps3 and the xbox can spew out they could have made a create your own Redemption mode; create your own cowboy or something.(like they did in gta, but spruce it up a bit so everyone doesnt look the same).

Or add more animals to hunt and keep the hunting challenges a little longer until like rank 10. but all in all its a great game, i enjoy it with all my friends, it keeps me entertained. (oh, i forgot; make the horses walk backwards!)  I love the game, i'd just wish that they put a few more things in rather then release it right away.(Well a little more thought). But i wanna hear everyones thoughts and ideas; good and bad, if you agree with me or dis-agree. Why and why not?  Thanks Outlaws

_-_Youve_BeEn_SmiTed_-_

Message 1 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Re: what they could have added to make it go from great to phenom

May 25, 2010

lmao repost

Message 2 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

May 25, 2010

bows and arrows, poisonous snakes in witch you have to take medicine if you get bit, um,interactive objects like the piano i want to play the piano.

My mom can beat up your dad
Message 3 of 12 (4 Views)
First Son
6 posts

May 25, 2010

yes bows and arrows (and an optional first person view on the horse like mount and blade)

Message 4 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 26, 2010

yea, bows and arrows are a must especially around the time when there were indians all over.. that piano sounds frickin amazing.  So is the lasso on multi-player a myth? or has someone actually unlocked it? because i wanna hogtie sum mutha fackos

Message 5 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2433 posts

May 26, 2010

What i wish:

-i wish it was made earlier so native americans could actually be involved. It is kind of wierd to play western game in the 1900's when you think that world war 1 is just a few years away.

-bow and arrows

-ability to breed horses. like make a Hungarian-Saddlebred

-more variety in the areas. West Elizabeth is by far the most fun but it is the smallest. It should be at least as big as half or 3/4 the size of new austin.  mexico is pretty spot on. they made it almost perfect although it is the worst of all the areas in my opinion. Side note: go to diez caronas in mexico and watch the sunrise....it is amazing.

-i know it ithe SP is long already but i wish it was longer. include more types of side missions, more bounties, etc.

-online free roam with more people. i think 256 would be too much but 128 would be so sick.

- i wish you could do everything but single player missions in free roam

-i wish you could use the guns you unlock in free for all.

- it would be cool if you could create your multiplayer character instead of unlocking generic templates.

-i wish the great plains were much bigger. about the size of the entire middle area of new austin would be perfect.

-you should be able to swim

- i am tired of freezing

-it would be cool to be able to fish

-since you can hunt it would also be cool if you could farm

* i could go on and on but with some of those thiings this game would be orgasmic. but, its good enough the way it is. i just hope theya add a ton of stuff to the next one. i really woudn't mind if they took a break from GTA and focused on this series more.

Message 6 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 26, 2010

Oh i agree completely, all the things you just listed i have thought of. It is **bleep**ty that you cant do everything you want. I am also getting sick of the gta and i wouldnt mind them making add ons and have a 2nd one in progress for red dead. I mean you've listed it all. thats the one thing they must change or update; the ability to create your own character without using generic templates. and omg I WANNA PLAY HORESHOES AND ALL THE PTHER GAMES ONLINE> WHY DOES ROCK* ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE FUN THING ON MULTI PLAYER? i know they wanna save that stuff for the story mode because with out that story mode wouldnt have enough to entertain you with. but damn i need sum multiplayer fun with my buddies, healthy competition rather then letsa go around a shoot everyone in freemode...

Message 7 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 26, 2010

I wouldn't doubt that a good percent of the reason the map is so extensive is because they've got plenty of ideas to load up the free space with new things.

They should add a few more gang hideouts in the multiplayer....and more random burglaries and things like that. I also agree that it's kind of weird that you can't fish but you can hunt cougars and bears. And swimming, def. should be able to swim.

Message 8 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1380 posts

May 26, 2010

- Add a pistol-whipping ability. (In the old west, this was sometimes called, 'buffaloing,' and notables such as Wyatt Earp were known to do this to rowdies.)

- A humorous bit of DLC might be a 'Buntline Special' - apparently, penny-dreadful writer Ned Buntline had special revolvers commissioned and given to famous lawmen. These guns were alleged to have long barrels (though some historians say that would have made them impossible to draw, and therefore, unlikely to have existed as some claim).

Message 9 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3463 posts

May 26, 2010

id like to add something to the list to its a small thing but i think it would have been great

at night you can meet people who are around a camp fire, you can join them and you could listen to some stories, such as rumors about treasure locations, ghost stories ecc. 

i think that would have been cool xD

lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Message 10 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes